PDA

View Full Version : After 911 Does Anyone.....

Phantom Blooper
07-27-08, 06:58 AM
still have or ever prepared for a biological or chemical attack? Did you take the airborne threat seriously. Do you still have besides.... weapons & plenty of ammo..... a kit for yourself or family and are able to go to that safe place that can potentially be secured with duck tape and mil plastic?

Have you layed in supplies similar to a hurricane prep kit. Just wondering how and if America is still prepared to tackle this type of threat on the citizen level. I know that there are SOPS still in action on military installations and was just trying to get a sense of where the general population stands.

I have a hurricane prep kit and have all the things in one area of the house if needed and these can probally used in case of biological or chemical threats. But to have a safe room already to go the answer is no.

Preparation is key....but if we have an airborne/chemical attack I personally feel that by the time you gather family and seal a room...the threat would be sounded and it would be to late...feedback?

jrhd97
07-27-08, 07:44 AM
I think you're right. By the time the alarm was sounded and you got yourself and family in the room and sealed it up, you would already be exposed. All those measures are just to reasure the general public.

sparkie
07-27-08, 08:01 AM
If you are sucessful in sealing a room completely,, how much oxygen time do you and your family have anyway.

I think it's a bend over and kiss situation.

sparkie
07-27-08, 08:45 AM
I still keep a stock of ammo, just like before 9-11

Wyoming
07-27-08, 10:35 AM
I think a sealed room would be no safer than the drills in grade school where we got under our desks.

A stock of ammo is excellent, along with water canned goods. Who knows?

Dave Coup
07-27-08, 11:49 AM
I think a sealed room would be no safer than the drills in grade school where we got under our desks.

A stock of ammo is excellent, along with water canned goods. Who knows?
Concur with your assessment, a sealed room is probably as useful as 'stop, drop and cover' from back when. I don't plan to be caught short should my family and I survive such an attack.

jrhd97
07-27-08, 12:51 PM
I still keep a stock of ammo, just like before 9-11
And continuing to add to my stock.

FistFu68
07-27-08, 01:26 PM
:evilgrin: I'M LOADED 4BEAR,PLUS I HAVE 5 BRAND NEW GASMASKS;@SPARE FILTERS FOR THEM.I DUGG A BUNKER ON SUM FAMILY PROPERTY IN THE NORTH WOOD'S.EVEN PUT PUNGI PIT'S ALL AROUND THE AREA,USING OLD PITCH FORK SPIKES THAT I CUT OFF,AND SET THEM IN CONCRETE."TRESPASSERS WILL BE EXECUTED" :mad: :iwo:

Dave Coup
07-27-08, 01:54 PM
Did you put the proper dressing on the Punji Spikes? LMAO