PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks to this particular Forum!

davblay
07-27-08, 03:13 AM
I am, not gonna be getting into my illness as most of you are aware if it anyway,. But I do want you all to know, that read this, that I am forever greatful tou you for the opportinity to serve you guys in my on small way! I started last march, 2007, writing to a couple of recruits, all moto mail. As the months passed my data base started to grow. It at the point now that I am mailing 30 letters a week to recruits, people I don't even now, nor do I expect to ever meet them. I am sendng out well over 120 letters a month to both MCRDs and the list keeps growing. I welcome all recruits that want my mail. I just don't like it when I hear about a recruit that doesn't get much or any mail at all!

There are enought of us Marine on this site that would be happy to jot a line to a fellow Reruit as we have all BTDT!, and they appreciate it very much, getting mail from anyone is a pleasing moment. If I can make a recruit to smile for one monent, of one hour, of one day, of one week during thier 13 weeks there, then I feel like I have accomplished my mission!

I have had more than one recruit that passed his letter aroundfor people to sign like a petetion, I got 12 in that same platoon that graduates in september, 12th I think! I have written over 800 letters since March 2007! Right now I am averaging 30 letters per week X 4 weeks and that's 120 letters a month using those figures!

Some of you may wonder "what does he get out of this?" I get the satisfaction that I may have helped a few Marines complete, that may have not gotten thru without my help! They always thank me, in their own way, trust me they do!

During this time of War, it never stops amazing me how many recruits are in MCRD, both of them! Oh and lets not forget the Female Recruits! I write to tem as well.

I would be interested in hearing from any and all Marines that got my mail, so you can tell me if I need to change my format or just leave it the same!

I will also share the names for anyone that will write these future Marines! Juat PM me and tell me how many you want to write, I am sure they would love getting the mail form you!

I'll get down rom my soap box now, Marines,

Semper Fi,

Dave

davblay
09-02-08, 09:15 AM
:marine:

TJR1070
09-02-08, 09:42 AM
These are the things that make a Brotherhood!!!

AL49BGN
09-02-08, 09:46 AM
You Do A Great Service!

Achped
09-02-08, 10:42 AM
Dave if there is any way I could get Banshee's address when she writes to you, I would appreciate it.

I have a picture I....can't wait for her DIs to see...

davblay
09-02-08, 05:13 PM
Dave if there is any way I could get Banshee's address when she writes to you, I would appreciate it.

I have a picture I....can't wait for her DIs to see...

Matt, you know my policy on giving out addresses. The recruit has to say it's ok before I give it to anyone. If Banshee wants you to send her mail, she will ask me to give it to you. I will, however ask her if it's ok, but that will take several days to get a respnse. BTW I haven't got her address yet, and may not. You know it's up to her who she writes. :marine:

Dave

LuDog
09-02-08, 06:38 PM
Thank you for what you are doing Cpl.