PDA

View Full Version : Help getting back in

chrisf9028
07-26-08, 12:59 PM
Good afternoon all. I just got back from MCRDPI but without the title Marine. Made it about a month in and got discharged for Hernia and hydroseal. Getting surgery next week. Can someone please...

Brandon1
07-26-08, 01:14 PM
From what i've gathered out of all these "Getting back in topics" that have sprouted these past few weeks, is go talk to your Recruiter. He/she got you in the first time, it's not going to be any different the second time. Except maybe a waiver or something. But that is just my uneducated guess, and inexperience self talking. Dont quote me either.

CplKJSpevak
07-26-08, 02:14 PM
They didn't give you any info. on coming back when you left the RTR?

chrisf9028
07-26-08, 02:54 PM
They basically just said I needed a waiver to get back in...thats about it

DGardner
07-26-08, 05:46 PM
Most have to wait 6 months or longer. Everyone I have talked to and myself have to wait at least 6 months. Some have to wait 2 years. However I would venture to say that 6 months is the earliest. Go talk to your recruiter.

GySgtRet
07-26-08, 06:02 PM
I appeaciate your commitment already. Depending on the severity of your defects will depend on how long and what type of waiver you will need to return. I strongly urge you to keep your own records to include the time tables for your treatments and recovery. What I mean is let the doctor(s) know what your goal is and how important it is and later on when you are healthy you will need their professional and medical prognosis on your health and recovery. If you do not so this it will take longer, or you may not qualify. You are the one whom has to prove that you are sound and solid enough to servive the rigors of recuit training. You are not out of the game yet. Stay motivated and keep yourself as healthy as possible without doing more damage. At your age you will want to prove things to your friends such as parting and generally taking chances with your recovery, be smart and don't loose your foucus on your goals.

Gunny out:usmc:

slimmy07
07-26-08, 06:41 PM
I appeaciate your commitment already. Depending on the severity of your defects will depend on how long and what type of waiver you will need to return. I strongly urge you to keep your own records to include the time tables for your treatments and recovery. What I mean is let the doctor(s) know what your goal is and how important it is and later on when you are healthy you will need their professional and medical prognosis on your health and recovery. If you do not so this it will take longer, or you may not qualify. You are the one whom has to prove that you are sound and solid enough to servive the rigors of recuit training. You are not out of the game yet. Stay motivated and keep yourself as healthy as possible without doing more damage. At your age you will want to prove things to your friends such as parting and generally taking chances with your recovery, be smart and don't loose your foucus on your goals.

Gunny out:usmc:

As a former USMC recruiter 2004-2007, Gunnery Sergeant could not have been more dead on. Get ALL of your medical documents in line. I know its a six month wait for hernia after you have the surgery. Get your medical stuff taken care of, and then go see a recruiter in a few months and tell him that your ready to get the title of U.S. Marine. Good Luck kid.

chrisf9028
07-27-08, 08:22 AM
Thank you for all of your replies. I just wanna get back to the Island ASAP. Civilian life is nasty LOL

CplKJSpevak
07-27-08, 08:24 PM
Thank you for all of your replies. I just wanna get back to the Island ASAP. Civilian life is nasty LOL

Chris, my high school buddy was sent home for an operation he needed on his toe, they told him he would have to come back and start at the begining of 2nd phase, ( I think he was in 3rd when this happened) I don't think he had to go back though, and unfortunately he didn't......I think he would have been a good Marine, I can't imagine how psychologically tough that would be going home early then going back.....I give you credit, Good luck and be patient it will happen for you:usmc:

chrisf9028
07-27-08, 11:35 PM
Thank you Cpl. As you said it is very tough being home and knowing that I have to go through it all again. If you want something bad enough though it will all be worth it in the end and that is what's keeping my head up.

cdogg0311
07-28-08, 10:43 AM
You have to wait at least 3 months after the surgery for the MEPS doctor to look at you. If any sooner they will turn you away. Make sure you have all your medical documents to so he wont recommend you for a waiver.