PDA

View Full Version : Yokota Air Base Japan

poolee_plaster
05-13-03, 11:34 PM
I`m in Japan visiting some friends, who last night took us to Yokota Air Base, Tokyo for dinner. The whole time I couldn`t help but kind of stare at everything. The commisary and BX all looked like a huge mall! A&W, Taco Bell, Basking Robins, and several others were there, and everyone browsing around looked like normal people just hanging out. The only thing that made me remember I was in an American Military base was when two pilots in flightsuits came and got a drink.
Is this normal for all Military bases, or just the Air Force posh that I`ve heard so much about? It`s been so long since I`ve been in one (`93, in Pensacola). Unfortunately, I won`t be going anywhere near Okinawa soon, so I have no chance of maybe seeing the USMC base there.

top1371
05-13-03, 11:54 PM
Camp Foster on Okinawa has all the good stuff now.... Popeyes, Cinnabun, Burger King.... a Harley Davidson Dealer... what more could you ask for?! (actually much much more on the base...)

Semper Fi,

Sixguns
05-18-03, 08:32 PM
All the bases have adapted to the needs of servicemembers. A lot of bases have really nice food courts, services and exchange facilities. Who cares what base has them? Your military ID card gets you into all of them!! Besides, we all have something better than the PX ..... WAL-MART!!! Just kidding.

SF,

SIXGUNS

firstsgtmike
05-20-03, 02:34 AM
"All the bases have adapted to the needs of servicemembers."
End quote.

I would focus in on the word "needs". The graduating class from xxx high school has 100% enlistment into the military. Their branches are broken down as follows;xx% air farce, xx% army, xx% Navy, and xx % Marine Corps.

Please identify the "needs" of its servicemembers by branch of service. And explain why any of the basic "needs" vary from group to group.

I have never read that Moslov's theory was dependent upon the branch of service an individual chose to enlist in.