PDA

View Full Version : Pre MEPS Issue

bstewar09
07-22-08, 07:00 PM
Okay, so the Recruiter called and moved my day for MEPS up a day, so that we would leave in the afternoon. So I was going to go get my birth certificate and SS Card from the Safety Deposit box the morning that I was supposed to leave. Well he called today at like 5 tonight (after the bank was closed) and said "Hey, we have to leave at 0700 tomorrow morning." There is no way I can get these documents. What do I do?

slimmy07
07-22-08, 07:02 PM
Call him back and tell him. You NEED those documents. Only other way is to go, but only if you have someone that can get to the box and get those copies to you at MEPs. I would call you recruiter ASAP.

sparkie
07-22-08, 07:38 PM
Screwed. For now.

bstewar09
07-22-08, 09:58 PM
Called the Recruiter, he said we could go an hour later. So everything is all squared away and good to go.

cdogg0311
07-23-08, 11:51 AM
if he really needed you to go in the morning he would of taken you to the health dept. and pay for a new birth cert. and taken you to the ssc office and got you a numi which is a paper that has your ssc number on there. thats what i would of done and i am a recruiter.

rkidd4
07-23-08, 12:01 PM
if he really needed you to go in the morning he would of taken you to the health dept. and pay for a new birth cert. and taken you to the ssc office and got you a numi which is a paper that has your ssc number on there. thats what i would of done and i am a recruiter.

Yup thats what my recruiter did

slimmy07
07-23-08, 04:58 PM

LOL...If it only were that easy. That takes so LONG to do. Its easier just to go to the bank and get the docs. Getting a NUMMI can take hours, Plus then driving around town to get all the stuff. Come on! You must be a new recruiter, the goal is to work smarter on recruiting duty, not harder. You already put in a TON of hours, why make it harder on yourself?

bstewar09
07-24-08, 07:50 PM
Ya everything worked out fine. Went to MEPS have to go back tuesday for my eyes. I had 3.25 refraction and I guess anything past 3.0 requires a consultation. They said it was no big deal. Recruiter said they'll just be like "Yep, you got astigmatism, Good luck in the Marines."