PDA

View Full Version : Female Poolees and what they are allowed to bring to RT

TK07
07-22-08, 03:06 PM
OK...so in our handbooks there is a list of stuff we can bring to RT...well i was wondering if we really should bring bras, panties, pantyhose from home? If we don't bring them will they be issued to us?? Also, we are allowed to bring required items for hair care maintenance...meaning??? Like gel and hairspray or bobby pins and hairties?? I just don't want to take anything that I shouldn't.

SlaveToTheCorps
07-22-08, 03:32 PM
TK07,
Anything that you will need, will be issued. I remember when I was on the island the only reason you can bring your own bra is for uniforms & to have them fit according to you. The issue with this is most of the girls I knew, didn't end-up fitting in the bra's they brought from home. As for hair supplies, you can bring them but they will be for everyone when you first get on the Depot. They will be dumped into a bin for everyone to use!

So to make your life easier, I would say don't bring anything but yourself becuase most of it you can either have sent to you (pantyhose, form fitting bra ect.) right before you graduate or you can use what you purchase from the PX.

Hope that helps!

THAT AINT IT
07-23-08, 10:18 AM
The only thing you need to take to the Island is yourself, your ID...and that's pretty much it. The only thing I got to keep was the $20 i took with me. They took the sports bras and underwear and socks i took with me. If you do decide to take hairspray, dont take the aerosol kind, it is considered contraband. Dont take your phone, Ipod, or any other electronics. i know in your little book you get at MEPS it tells you you can take your freaking blowdyer and whatnot but be the one who takes it and see what happens. if you wear contacts, dont even bother taking them because guess what? they take those too and you get your very fashionable BCGs. dont take makeup you wont be wearing it. leave your diamonds at home unless you want to lose them or get them stolen.
IF IT DOESN'T GET ISSUED TO YOU, YOU DONT NEED IT.

Marine84
07-23-08, 10:36 AM
TK - do a search - this question has been asked and answered I don't know how many times.

Artemis
07-23-08, 04:21 PM
Amen to that Marine84 bout time someone said it.

Achped
07-23-08, 05:15 PM
:) :) :)