PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

McClure6515
07-21-08, 06:24 PM
I just want to start off by saying thanks to all the Marines answering other poolees questions. Ive been reading the forums anonymously the past several months getting all the info I wanted.
Now, as of about 3 hours ago, I'am officially in the DEP. Im shipping 20090105 hopefully with a combat support option contract.

Thanks again

sparkie
07-21-08, 06:27 PM
Shut up with the damm Thank Yous, now quit lurkin, and start postin.

[I hate it when they watch like that,,,, Makes me feel Neccid].

McClure6515
07-21-08, 06:31 PM
:sick: I didnt mean to make you feel that way. I guess that did sound kinda like a creeper. But you got a deal.

sparkie
07-21-08, 06:49 PM
Glad to have you aboard, young man.

Marine84
07-21-08, 06:53 PM
That must have been what I thought I felt the other night - now I know what it was!

sparkie
07-21-08, 07:14 PM
That was me,,,, In my mind.

With that over, Let's you and I help this kid out. :beer:

DGardner
07-21-08, 07:17 PM
combat support option contract.

Why does everyone say that? Can't pick an actual MOS Field or something? I've been seeing that more and more... Combat Support... Ground Option... Battlefield Ops... What the hell.. give me an MOS or at least list the options your going to get so I know what the hell your talking about.:confused:

Quinbo
07-21-08, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard. How did you get around that pesky little maximum dep time of 13 months?

davblay
07-21-08, 07:57 PM
Im shipping 20090105 hopefully with a combat support option contract.

Thanks again

Dam, Sgt Bulkyker, you need your bifocals?

Welcome to the Site, and to DEP Son, ask away!

Dave

Quinbo
07-21-08, 08:06 PM
ROFL ... can I claim bad at math? LOL Where is my sign?

McClure6515
07-22-08, 09:21 AM
Why does everyone say that? Can't pick an actual MOS Field or something? I've been seeing that more and more... Combat Support... Ground Option... Battlefield Ops... What the hell.. give me an MOS or at least list the options your going to get so I know what the hell your talking about.:confused:

Fair enough. Tank crewman/AAV crewmen, field artilery, and there is also some sort of aircraft job also thrown in there but i cant remember exactly what it is. Those all fall under CE option. Im leaning towards wanting to get the tank crewmen job, but ill be happy no matter what (:flag:).

Rains
07-23-08, 03:15 PM

What "IS" Combat Support/Ground Option? :confused:

introspect
07-24-08, 10:29 AM
Welcome aboard. How did you get around that pesky little maximum dep time of 13 months?

Lol, that's not too bad. I think I almost got the maximum. I ship 20090608 :cry:

ttracker65
07-24-08, 10:38 AM
Welcome aboard, Take a close look at that AAV option. If you time it right you can come out with a Combat Arms Bonus as well as be a part of the Best Unit in the Marine Corps. An Ampib Assault Crewman working on crew chief. You get to test the waters of the world. Just my opinion.

ttracker65
07-24-08, 10:45 AM
Seriously Poolee take a look, This could be YOU!
http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5103&Itemid=41

Do I get the recruiting option????

CplKJSpevak
07-24-08, 11:16 AM
Welcome aboard Jesse, Let me ask you this. When you lay the bass down, does it stay down? :)

Phantom Blooper
07-24-08, 11:30 AM
When you lay the bass down, does it stay down?

Since he likes fishing and playing bass this a tongue in cheek question with multiple definitions for the word bass....the answer could be no if....it's a Billy Bass.:beer:

:evilgrin:

Rains
07-24-08, 12:49 PM
Since he likes fishing and playing bass this a tongue in cheek question with multiple definitions for the word bass....the answer could be no if....it's a Billy Bass.:beer:

LOL. That made me laugh.. I dont know why. :confused:

CplKJSpevak
07-24-08, 01:32 PM

Way to catch that!LOL! I swear I meant bass guitar, I have played guitar for over 20 years, and just switched to bass because noone played it the way I wanted them too! drummer and I are much more happier.....Laying it down in the pocket!! Punch ya right in the ribs! yeah:marine:

McClure6515
08-12-08, 11:04 AM
Sorry to bring this thread back, I was away for awhile.
Thanks for that link TTracker it was very interesting.
And to why I picked the bass guitar? Thats a good question. For some reason the instrument always stuck out to me. I mean it may only have four strings, but I honestly think it requires more skill to be good technical bass player then it does for 6 string. Any bass player can add simple root notes to a song and it will sound fine. But add some skilled bass to that song and it will change completely (Les Claypool for example.).

TSULLI
08-12-08, 01:06 PM
Lol, that's not too bad. I think I almost got the maximum. I ship 20090608 :cry:

WOW... I though my ship date was to far (well it is but compared to yours not really) I ship 20090209.