PDA

View Full Version : Discharge upgrade, how long of a wait?

AdrianC1982
07-21-08, 01:47 PM
I've been in the process of enlisting in the army as a Cavalry scout. Yeah I'd rather go back in the Corps but they told me I'm too old. I had to wait one year due to having kidney stones but had my...

gadkins69
07-21-08, 10:00 PM
I ran into a very similar situation when I went into the Army after my 6 years in the Corps. It took me about 6-8 wekks to get it resolved, and it was favorable.

Pete0331
07-21-08, 10:21 PM
Get into the Army and see if you can do a service to service transfer back to the Marine Corps.

AdrianC1982
07-22-08, 11:09 AM
I ran into a very similar situation when I went into the Army after my 6 years in the Corps. It took me about 6-8 wekks to get it resolved, and it was favorable.6 to 8 weeks sounds pretty good to me. Certainly beats the hell out of six months! I just spoke with my recruiter & she stated if I can have my RE code upgraded I can resubmit immediately instead of waiting till january. Of course I asked her to verify this for me by inquiring further up her chain of command, I take all she says with a grain of salt at this point. Did you also have an RE-3C and what did they send you confirming the change in your record? Thanks for your help.

AdrianC1982
07-22-08, 11:17 AM
Get into the Army and see if you can do a service to service transfer back to the Marine Corps.No doubt! Thats been my goal all along. That will be a difficult road to travel though, due primarily to my age, and will go straight to the top of CMC needing approval from the Commandant himself. At least thats what the Marine recruiter I spoke with told me. I may have to endure an entire enlistment as a soldier first before I can try that out though. I'm ok with that since my main goal is to get back in uniform & do my part. I feel useless sitting behind a desk here in sunny florida when my brothers are fighting & dying in the sandboxes. If I have to join the fight as a dogface, so be it. I'll still be a Marine despite the different uniform, always.

fjmas1976
08-02-08, 08:43 PM
I sent away for my SRB to NPRC in St. Louis so I can send it in with my DD149........TAKING FOREVER TO ARRIVE:evilgrin:. I was told that if I send my SRB along with the DD149 it will expedite the process. I am also interested to see why I got the RE-3C due to the fact that I never had NJP, Court Martial, or ANY disciplinary issues.