PDA

View Full Version : mill dot and bullet drop compensators

brodog63
07-20-08, 07:00 PM
Hey Marines,
Was wondering if any of you know of a site where i can get info on bdc's? I just bought a new scope for my AR-15 and i dont have a clue about how the bdc works. Any info would be appreiciated. Thanks for your time.:)

SGT7477
07-20-08, 08:07 PM
Try DPMS 1-800-578-DPMS.

brodog63
07-20-08, 10:29 PM
ok, thanks. I'll give it a try.

thewookie
07-21-08, 06:13 AM
Hey Marines,
Was wondering if any of you know of a site where i can get info on bdc's? I just bought a new scope for my AR-15 and i dont have a clue about how the bdc works. Any info would be appreiciated. Thanks for your time.:)

No manual with the new scope? I don't know about any magical websites to help you other then the manufacturer's, but if you can't find anything you can bring the gun to the range, go to the 100 yard line, shoot some rounds, make an adjustment, shoot another group - and then find out what the average drop is from that.

My experience tells me it could be anywhere from 1/4" to 1"

Every brand and type of scope is different, so you need to find the manufacturer specific drop.

If my memory serves me - The Unertal on the 40 is 1" - Most Leupolds are 1/4" - Old military Redfields are 1/2"

And true USMC Mil-Dots are not available to the public, unless you know someone. (or they changed the rules)