PDA

View Full Version : DD214 Update...

egbutler1
07-19-08, 12:38 PM
Hey Marines, I did a search for this info already posted on these forums and found some useful info but not all the info I need. My question is basically this. I was awarded a few more medals and stuff after my EAS so my current 214 doesn't reflect this info, what would be the best way to update this problem I have? Also I just read about the whole campaign medals deal for OEF/OIF but don't quite understand it. If anyone could help me out on these two deals it would be much appreciated, if you can post here or PM me that'd be great. Thanks a million Marines! Semper FI!

Cpl. B

Wyoming
07-19-08, 01:53 PM
Request a new DD214, it being a DD215.

It will be updated.

Hope that helps.

Mike Fishbaugh
07-20-08, 09:03 PM
There is a form called the DD-149. Its used for Correction of Military Records.
You fill it out and send in. If you are granted any corrections such as Ribbons, combat operations, or whatever you are asking to be corrected, then you will be mailed a DD-215 . It shows any updates made and needs to be kept with your DD-214.Most generally, your current DD-214 will never be changed. I have copies of the DD-149 Form. This is the way I got some of my Viet Nam unit/personal Ribbons added to my records. If you want me to e-mail it to you let me know. My e-mail is smfishbaugh@mikrotec.com

crate78
07-20-08, 10:05 PM
Just Google DD149 and it will come up in printable form.