PDA

View Full Version : Digital Uniforms

sarge450
07-18-08, 03:49 AM
Is there somewhere as a Marine Veteran that I can buy a set of the new digital uniforms. The actual ones being issued. I have found the knockoffs without the EGA, but if possible I want the real deal. Thanks :usmc:

Chumley
07-18-08, 10:13 AM
Is there somewhere as a Marine Veteran that I can buy a set of the new digital uniforms. The actual ones being issued. I have found the knockoffs without the EGA, but if possible I want the real deal. Thanks :usmc:

They are freakin expensive!! Prepare to spend about $130 a set if you buy brandie new.

yellowwing
07-18-08, 10:46 AM
I'm really impressed with them. I see the news stories and film clips of the dusty streets of Iraq. That digital pattern blends right in almost perfectly.

SgtThrasher
07-18-08, 10:50 AM

Sarge 450,If you get any scoop on the digital utilities with the EGA,Pm me! Sgt Grit has utilities sans EGA.
Surely someone sells them.:evilgrin:

wsky9er
07-18-08, 01:43 PM
You might try this web site
http://www.marineshop.com/

CplKJSpevak
07-18-08, 05:40 PM
I have nothing to add about buying new uniforms, But Tom you Should have re-enlisted to make Sgt. just for kicks!

sarge450
07-18-08, 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info, now I just gotta save my money. When did cammies get so expensive?

CplKJSpevak, I got stoped in the chow hall by a Major one time telling me I needed to make Sgt. I didn't dare say it but I was thinking well sir you could meritourously promote me. Also one of my DI's in boot noticed my last name for the first time and jumped up on my footlocker screaming "Who made you a Sgt. you". I couldn't think of what else to say and screamed back "My Dad did Sir" :marine:

To say I caught alot of hell over my last name would be a understatement. :cool:

Petz
08-06-08, 12:24 PM
oh, yeah.. sorry... 11th MEU, they picked up just after OIF I... I tried getting on it but other guys bumped me.

i was deployed with mtm and GySgt Sergeant was our SNCOIC. it was hard to see him when he came back like that.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-16-08, 08:25 AM
Guys, I moved the remainder of the posts here to another topic "Sergeant/Sergeant" in the Open Squad bay, we sorta got off topic on this one. No offense.

As far as buying the new MarPat/DigiPat uniforms, if you are still an IRR, you should be able to log into the AAFEES site, or marineonline, and get them that way.

If you aren't, it's really going to depend on what's hitting the market nowadays. Ebay is probably the most likely and easiest source to get them, and there are some mail order surplus stores that sell them as well.

DJA20080211
10-12-08, 12:05 AM
They are freakin expensive!! Prepare to spend about $130 a set if you buy brandie new.

I dont know about that, Corporal. i bought a set from Cash Sales a couple weeks ago and they ran me right around 80$ with name tapes.

Petz
10-12-08, 12:21 AM
don't forget the cover... that adds to it... and name tapes in most places cost 10 bucks too... I'd say in the end, 105 dollars total.

DJA20080211
10-12-08, 12:38 AM
don't forget the cover... that adds to it... and name tapes in most places cost 10 bucks too... I'd say in the end, 105 dollars total.

I think the covers were right around 10$ or so, but i could be mistaken SSgt.

PaidinBlood
10-12-08, 09:35 AM
I think the covers were right around 10$ or so, but i could be mistaken SSgt.

Seven and change at cash sales out here. That's not the point, though. If most of these Marines could just drive a few minutes to a base and stroll into cash sales, they would. By the time they find a civilian outfit that sells the genuine article, they will be marked up considerably, and 130 would be considered low.....

jerryk
10-12-08, 09:41 AM
if you know a marine thats still in get him to get a set at cash sales ,thats what i did

DJA20080211
10-12-08, 10:53 AM
Seven and change at cash sales out here. That's not the point, though. If most of these Marines could just drive a few minutes to a base and stroll into cash sales, they would. By the time they find a civilian outfit that sells the genuine article, they will be marked up considerably, and 130 would be considered low.....

Ok i get what yall are saying now, i wasnt thinking about that.