PDA

View Full Version : Band Of Brothers 2

BadLuckChuck
07-17-08, 10:18 PM
I don't know if any of you guys know this but HBO along with Stevie Spielberg and Tom Hanks have filmed a second portion of Band of Brothers but this time it's the Pacific Theater. A good friend of mine worked on the filming which was in Australia. I am unsure of who the actors are, however I know he did mention that GySgt Basilone is one of the characters.

RLeon
07-18-08, 12:45 AM
Outstanding!

Pete0331
07-18-08, 12:56 AM
I don't know if any of you guys know this but HBO along with Stevie Spielberg and Tom Hanks have filmed a second portion of Band of Brothers but this time it's the Pacific Theater. A good friend of mine worked on the filming which was in Australia. I am unsure of who the actors are, however I know he did mention that GySgt Basilone is one of the characters.

I will be cautious about this new series.

What unit will it focus on? What time frame? What battles?

Band of Brothers, had a book that spelled out every detail.

RLeon
07-18-08, 02:04 AM
It's in post production due to come out next year as a 10 part mini series with the working title of The Pacific.

From what I've read it's going to be based on Eugene Sledge's With the Old Breed and Robert Leckie's Helmet for My Pillow.

The Pacific follows the stories of Eugene Sledge, Robert Leckie and John Basilone.

Sledge was in 3/5, and Basilone in 1/7...don't know who Leckie was with, but since they were in different regiments it looks like the series will run at least 3 separate stories parallel to each other.

Some fellow named Lieutenant General Lewis Burwell Puller will be portrayed in it.

:thumbup:

A V Cioffi
07-18-08, 07:05 AM
I would really like to see it. Based on the success of the first series and the movie Saving Private Ryan, I'd have to think it would at least be worth a look see. It would absolutely HAVE to be done right though!

p.s. - I wonder who, if anyone, they would include in the interviews with the actual veterans the way they did with the unit from the first Band of Brothers. ?????

DWG
07-18-08, 08:20 AM
From IMDB

A 10-part mini-series from the creators of "Band of Brothers" telling the intertwined stories of three Marines during America's battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var k = document.getElementById("tn15plotkeywords");k.className = "keyword-spoiler";k.onmouseover = function() {if (!window.hasVoted) this.className += ' hover';};k.onmouseout= function() {if (!window.hasVoted) this.className='keyword-spoiler';}</SCRIPT><HR>

maverickmarine
07-18-08, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I heard about this some time ago and am really looking forward to it. I did not know that Chesty was going to be portrayed in it as well though. That's outstanding!