PDA

View Full Version : Njp

ecfree
07-16-08, 09:29 PM
Non Judicial Punishment....:(
Some posts have mentioned NJP's.
When I was active,article 15,office hours.
Are we talking the same thing ?

thewookie
07-16-08, 09:44 PM

Yup, going to see the BC.

Old Marine
07-16-08, 09:46 PM

This question will undoubtly be answered by a Sea Lawyer, many of which are in the Corps.

Someone told me a long time ago that if you have not spent some time in the brig, you were not a Marine. I guess I was never a Marine as I never spent any time in the brig, nor have I ever been arrested.

RLeon
07-17-08, 12:40 AM
This question will undoubtly be answered by a Sea Lawyer, many of which are in the Corps.

Someone told me a long time ago that if you have not spent some time in the brig, you were not a Marine. I guess I was never a Marine as I never spent any time in the brig, nor have I ever been arrested.

...Gee, I'm a poser too.

:D

Backblast
07-17-08, 06:36 AM
I have stood before the man. You don't see a Good Conduct Medal in my fruit salad. It was a very humbling experience.

thewookie
07-17-08, 07:02 AM
I have stood before the man. You don't see a Good Conduct Medal in my fruit salad. It was a very humbling experience.

I'm with ya bro, I have one, but 8 yrs active and I have no star.:sick:

Semper Fi

Backblast
07-17-08, 07:14 AM
I'm with ya bro, I have one, but 8 yrs active and I have no star.:sick:

Semper Fi

Your a "good" Marine in my book Sergeant.

thewookie
07-17-08, 07:41 AM
Your a "good" Marine in my book Sergeant.

Thanks Marine, shiat happens and its how you bounce back that matters to me. I lost Sgt. stripes out of it, but I earned them back.

I hate putting stars on medals anyway, such a pain....

I also lost meritorious Cpl. because I was stupid one weekend, got a page 11 for that episode.

I was a very good boy most of the time (3NAM's), but I got very stupid once in a while.

sscjoe
07-17-08, 08:41 AM
Been in front of the man twice for minor issues. Got my Good Conduct but the last one cost me my Cpl. recommendation.

yellowwing
07-17-08, 09:46 AM
It is no fun at all standing tall before the CO knowing full well you ****ed up. But you cowboy up and take it like a man.

Pete0331
07-17-08, 11:41 AM
I was lucky and didn't get one, I've been close a few times though.
Some of the best Marines I know have NJP's.

ecfree
07-17-08, 08:58 PM
It is no fun at all standing tall before the CO knowing full well you ****ed up. But you cowboy up and take it like a man.

Yep I cowboyed up twice,and almost made it three,but that's a horse of a different color.
The second time the First Shirt wanted to know if he should have my name put on the CO's office door...:D

Quinbo
07-18-08, 01:09 AM
Came back from Okinawa and went on a 96. I signed the firewatch roster and away I went. I had a side job mucking stalls at a horse farm in waimanalo and that is where I went. Stayed in the bunk...

Alpha1Devildog
07-18-08, 06:15 AM
After having been shot-up and blown apart, I was flown from DaNang to Okinawa, and after a few days, from Okinawa to California, where I was stationed at Oakknoll Naval hospital to undergo a few more...

Backblast
07-22-08, 09:36 AM
I remember when I got busted down. I was made to wait for two hours outside the battalion commanders door. I stood at parade rest in his hallway staring an 8x11 portrait of my BC and he had the most terrifying expression on his face. I was freaked out to say the least. Luckily, he was very patient about the whole thing and expressed disappointment not anger about the event. He recognized my role as a leader and let me pick my own punishment. As a leader, I gave myself the maximum punishment. I got busted down to Private but quickly made my way to Corporal, collecting CerComs and MeritMasses all the way.

BadLuckChuck
07-22-08, 01:13 PM
I got a NJP when I was a Prive... I had 45 / 45 and was non-rec'd for a year however when I got to my first command they gave me meritorious PFC. So that canceled it out.

Whitey
07-22-08, 05:26 PM
My buddy got njp'd a couple weeks ago for a scratch on his ID card. wanna talk about some bull****

p.s. i like your quote chuck haha

Native Warrior
07-23-08, 09:34 AM
I got BN Commander Office Hours for a "Disrespectful tone of voice", I told a Captain that "No, Sir I can't do that according to my SOP". He wasn't used to being told no, I guess, so the prick wrote...

ZSKI
07-25-08, 02:07 AM
My buddy got njp'd a couple weeks ago for a scratch on his ID card. wanna talk about some bull****

p.s. i like your quote chuck haha

That scratch wouldn't be over the birth date in a way to make it look like he was older then he was. Was it?

And no NJP for me but i got counseling sheets up the ass.