PDA

View Full Version : 3rdBN, Quebec Company, PI

davblay
07-16-08, 10:26 AM
For those of you that didn't know it Quebec Company just graduated (July 3) the first time since the early 60s, at Parris Island!

I, for one, would love to hear, from some of the graduates, about that renewed company!

Semper Fi,

Dave

Bonzack
07-16-08, 11:48 AM
The whole company failed every year since the 60s? Holy cow.

rkidd4
07-16-08, 12:01 PM

I dont think so....sounds like they "RENEWED" it as Dave said.....wow

SlaveToTheCorps
07-16-08, 12:04 PM

Parris Island never went past Papa Company (Females)...Q is new to The Island...

Drewster
07-16-08, 02:52 PM
We went down there with my school in like March or April and saw them. They marched infront of us heading to the mess hall. Our drill instructor that was kind of showing us around had us cadets and the recruits in Quebec kind of compete in seeing who was louder. There was more of us, but it goes with out saying that the recruits were a lot louder. Congrats to Quebec Company.

DGardner
07-16-08, 06:15 PM

From the 20080228 issue of "The Boot"

Quebec company, FALL IN
By Lance Cpl. Michael S Darnell

For the first time in more than 30 years, Parris Island will be home to a brand new recruit training company.
The 3<sup>rd</sup> Recruit Training Battalion is scheduled to form a fifth company of recruits April 2 at an official ceremony. Quebec Company will join India, Kilo, Lima and Mike Companies.
This change is reflecting the increase in total Marines as directed by the Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James T. Conway last year. The Corps is set to increase in size from 175,000 to 202,000 by the year 2010.
1stSgt William E Sweeney, who will be the company first sergeant for Quebec, said the recruits will be in good hands.
“We'll have around 28 drill instructors – they'll keep busy.” the 36 year old from Loveland, Colo., said.
The company will be housed at barracks at the Weapons and Field Training Bn., which will become the center for all company activity.
The greater distance from the other company squadbays will necessitate the need for a slight increase in motor transport, Sweeney said.
Despite small changes, the new company comander of Quebec Company, Capt. Donald L. Hotchkiss, expects business to continue as usual.
“We will train as normal by following the same schedule as the other four companies” he said “It's our primary concern to meet the goal of of 202,000,” Hotchkiss, the 30-year-old from Huntsville, Ala., said. “We will work through the logistics”
Sweeney echoed those statements. “The training will not change a bit,” he said
One thing that will change, however, is the total number of platoons Quebec Co will be handling at the end of July. Traditionally each company consists of six separate platoons Initially, that will remain the case for Quebec Co,. However, after the initial company graduates, Quebec is scheduled to pick up two extra platoons, for a total of eight.
Though change might worry some people, none of these adjustments seem to bother the Marines responsible for training these new recruits. If anything, they appear to welcome the challenges it's going to bring.
“It's going to be an interesting summer” Sweeney Said.

jetdoc
07-16-08, 07:25 PM
When I was done to Parris Island this past summer and went to my old 3rd Bn area I noticed there was no longer an "H" company.

davblay
07-16-08, 10:59 PM

Learn to read, Poolee! Also never try to make fun, or belittle, an NCOs post!

I plainly said "Renewed Company"!!

I have said it before, "you Poolees need to think out what you're gonna say before you post"! So keep your silly replies to yourself! I did not think it was funny! I am sure the Marines of "Q" Company, 3rdBN, July 3, 2008, Parris Island S.C., wouldn't think it's funny, I would say they are dam proud to be the first Marines, to graduate, in that Company in all those years!

Dave

davblay
07-16-08, 11:02 PM
When I was done to Parris Island this past summer and went to my old 3rd Bn area I noticed there was no longer an "H" company.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="800"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="7" class="Header">Second Recruit Training Battalion</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="TabNull"> </td> <td class="TabNull"> </td> <td class="TabNull"> </td> <td class="TabNull"> </td> <td class="TabNull"> </td> <td class="TabNull"> </td> <td width="16"> </td> <!-- This cell's width (16px) neccessary for even distribution of the Tabs. --> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7" class="Content">http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/training/units/rtr/2ndbn/images/2ndbn.gif
The 2nd Recruit Training Battalion is led by Lieutenant Colonel Daren K. Margolin (http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/training/units/rtr/2ndbn/bios/2nd_co.htm) and Sergeant Major Reginald C. Baker (http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/training/units/rtr/2ndbn/bios/2nd_sgtmaj.htm). Within 2nd Battalion, there are four companies: Echo Company, Fox Company, Golf Company and Hotel Company. Each company contains an average of six platoons with 60 to 80 recruits per platoon.
In August 1940, the Depot initiated the battalion training system to expedite the processing of recruits. The 2nd Battalion was commissioned Aug. 7, 1940, and became an active command on Sept. 12, 1940. When the Armed Forces were integrated in 1949, 2nd Battalion was the first battalion to train black recruits. In September of that year black recruits were integrated into regular platoons.
</td></tr></tbody> </table>