PDA

View Full Version : Pasco Father Speaks Out About His Son and Daughter Killed While They Were Marines

thedrifter
07-16-08, 06:25 AM
Pasco Father Speaks Out About His Son and Daughter Killed While They Were Marines

Posted: July 15, 2008 09:10 PM

Updated: July 15, 2008 10:12 PM

PASCO, Wash.-- Darnell Parker keeps pictures as memories of two young marines. A son and daughter he lost on August 15th 2006.

"These I just keep with me during the day to help me get through things," said Darnell Parker, father of two deceased Marines.

Jordan Barrow had been with the marines for nearly a year and was heading to Iraq, while his sister Amanda Carrithers was pregnant had just gotten back from war. Both were Lance Corporals, stationed at Camp LeJeune in North Carolina, where they were shot to death by two other marines.

"Jordan opened the door and he was shot first in the face, in the chest, then they kicked him, when he fell they ran to the back and shot her twice in the back while she was on the phone with her mother," said Parker.

Serving two sentences of life in prison for this murder is Jondre Lowemincey, along with Tharon Johnson, who's serving 26 years.

Parker says the marines told him to not make his story public. But after hearing about three similar cases during the last six months, he felt the need to come forward.

"Something needs to be done about domestic violence at Camp LeJeune," said Parker.

Parker says his daughter was moving out of the camp at the time of the murder. He says he wants the military to come to terms with issues of domestic violence, so no more families suffer.

"Fathers and mothers should not have to bury their kids when you know, if it was in combat that's one thing, but to be on American soil on your own base, you know, you hate to get that knock or that phone call," said Parker.

Ellie