PDA

View Full Version : Listen poolees and listen good.

Whitey
07-15-08, 05:39 PM
I can't go a day where I don't walk by a group of Marines smokin and jokin about how big of stoners they used to be and how they're going to "blaze up" when they get home.

I'm not going to lie. i have a stack of drug waivers but ya know what, I was a kid once. I grew up. thats my old life.

If you ever catch yourself doing this stop and think about how ridiculous you sound. You're a Marine not a ****in street thug. If you earn the title behave accordingly not like a bunch of dumb kids that are back on the block

Fubar5812
07-15-08, 05:44 PM
OOO****INGRAH!!

i hear it all the time here,and this is an MP platoon! face it guys,you left that part of your life behind.you signed the contract,deal with it.

Big Jim
07-15-08, 05:46 PM
I can't go a day where I don't walk by a group of Marines smokin and jokin about how big of stoners they used to be and how they're going to "blaze up" when they get home.

I'm not going to lie. i have a stack of drug waivers but ya know what, I was a kid once. I grew up. thats my old life.

If you ever catch yourself doing this stop and think about how ridiculous you sound. You're a Marine not a ****in street thug. If you earn the title behave accordingly not like a bunch of dumb kids that are back on the block

I HOPE THESE POOLIES DO LISTEN TO YOU!! THIS IS SOUND ADVICE COMING FROM EXPERIENCE...YOU REALLY HAVE GROWN UP WHITEY...YOU CAN SHARE MY FOXHOLE ANYTIME...

USMC3381
07-15-08, 05:56 PM
Thats right PFC Whitey if they want use drugs in my Corps guess what they can GET OUT and go back to being dumb ass street pharmisits. Also you are a freakin Marine and you are one 24/7 so freakin act like one you earned the title.

Adikt916
07-15-08, 06:01 PM
I now I am signing my death warrant for doing this....But when alot of Marines take pride in being drunkards, and brag about how much they drink I fail to establish what the difference is. Outside of the fact that it's illegal to smoke ganj.

Alchahol is worst for your body, and generally more people have problems with alchahol than pot, and worst problems than people that smoke pot.

Not that I am defending it, I just find it alittle hypocritical and confusing that people tell poolees to leave behind getting ****ed up, but then tell them to look forward to celebrating their 21st birthday in the Corps.

*Hides under flame retardent blanket* :angel:

Big Jim
07-15-08, 06:05 PM
I now I am signing my death warrant for doing this....But when alot of Marines take pride in being drunkards, and brag about how much they drink I fail to establish what the difference is. Outside of the fact that it's illegal to smoke ganj.

Alchahol is worst for your body, and generally more people have problems with alchahol than pot, and worst problems than people that smoke pot.

Not that I am defending it, I just find it alittle hypocritical and confusing that people tell poolees to leave behind getting ****ed up, but then tell them to look forward to celebrating their 21st birthday in the Corps.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED PIZZ-TESTED....ITS NOT ABOUT WHATS WORSE FOR YOUR BODY, ITS ABOUT USING ILLEGAL DRUGS...AND MARIJUANA IS ILLEGAL...OR DON'T YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE? I'LL BET YOU'RE THE KIND OF GUY WHO WOULD SELL DRUGS WHILE N THE MARINE CORPS...IF YOU AREN'T SELLING THEM RIGHT NOW...

I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION...SERIOUS NOW...IF YOU TOOK A PIZZ TEST RIGHT NOW...WOULD IT COME UP DIRTY, (THATS POSITIVE FOR DRUG USE)...

Adikt916
07-15-08, 06:08 PM
Drinking under age is illegal to, but most Marines don't have a problem with that either. So I still find this confusing.

Getting drunk all the time seems more un proffesional, than *wanting* to smoke AFTER you get out. Again I am not defending drugs.

But I'll shut up now. Sorry.

Big Jim
07-15-08, 06:20 PM
Drinking under age is illegal to, but most Marines don't have a problem with that either. So I still find this confusing.

Getting drunk all the time seems more un proffesional, than *wanting* to smoke AFTER you get out. Again I am not defending drugs.

But I'll shut up now. Sorry.

COULDN'T ANSWER THE TOUGH QUESTION??? ARE YOU DIRTY OR NOT??

USMC3381
07-15-08, 06:31 PM
Thats right Adikt916 the best line I see in the one above is where it says "I will shut up now" Good damn thing cause its a freaking battle you are going to loose son.

Nick Valdez
07-15-08, 08:08 PM
The last thing you need is some jerk high on grass and he is suppose to cover your six. Listen to all the prior messeges,from my fellow Marines they make a lot of sense. In Viet Nam your head would have ended up on a poll.

JJA1990
07-15-08, 11:53 PM
I was just at MEPS and I was suprised at how many people I talked to(mostly army, but a handful of Marine recruits) admitted to lieing on their paperwork about smoking marijuana and other drugs. One kid even told me he had gone to rehab, ran away-and never mentioned it on his paperwork.. and he was about to ship.

Pete0331
07-16-08, 01:14 AM
YOU CAN SHARE MY FOXHOLE ANYTIME...

Foxholes are where Foxes go to hide. Marines don't hide from a fight.:marine:

Pete0331
07-16-08, 01:19 AM
Getting drunk all the time seems more un proffesional, than *wanting* to smoke AFTER you get out.

You can still get recalled for a **** test in the IRR, I've seen it happen.
Alcohol is only a problem is the individual makes it so.

Bonzack
07-16-08, 01:27 AM
Don't have to worry about me. I'll never touch that stuff. I like my brain cells.

BR34
07-16-08, 05:28 AM

Marine fights incoming motar/arty shell, Marine loses.

Big Jim
07-16-08, 11:54 AM

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS STATEMENT REALLY SHOWS HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPENT WITH ANY GRUNT UNIT...STAY IN THE REAR....REMF!!!

Pete0331
07-16-08, 11:57 AM
Marine fights incoming motar/arty shell, Marine loses.

Its called using the prone position and micro-terrain.
With that a Marine is untouchable by hostile fire, at least thats what an SOI instructor told me once. :D

Isrowei
07-16-08, 12:12 PM
Actually, I find this a valid point and worth discussing. <br />
<br />
<br />
The fault with Marijuana is: <br />
a) it is illegal (a controlled substance) <br />
b) it is a generally acknowledged &quot;starter&quot; drug to harder...

Chumley
07-16-08, 12:31 PM

Rather, they are fighting holes. Foxholes are where the Army sleeps.

Chumley
07-16-08, 12:44 PM

Alcohol ( please accept my correct spelling ) abuse IS just as bad as any drug abuse. You are correct that it's a hypocritical stance. The Lieutenant's statement is conclusive... "The bottom line is that by joining the Military, you agree to not use drugs. Period. " Alcohol is legal.

I was upset to hear that E-clubs don't exist anymore, for a little while anyways, and after soooo many good drunks. However, as an adult, I'll admit that my own alcohol abuse was not even remotely exemplary conduct for any Marine. So, legal it is. Remember to drink and act responsibly at all times. Who's the wise-guy that is gonna say I said "drink...at all times"????

sscjoe
07-16-08, 12:51 PM
"drink...at all times". Sorry Bro had to be the 1st. I agree with your statement because it applies to everyday life, not just the Marine Corps. Always drink responsibly.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

jetdoc
07-16-08, 03:13 PM
:D
ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS STATEMENT REALLY SHOWS HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPENT WITH ANY GRUNT UNIT...STAY IN THE REAR....REMF!!!

I think Pete was some sort of a Grunt, 03XX, right? Not to mention he seems to have plenty of ribbons.

Now I wouldn't know the difference between a foxhole and a fighting hole as we only slept in hotels, or if we had to rough it, an Air Force base,

Whitey
07-16-08, 03:37 PM

Alcohol you mean?

my question to you is since when has marijuana been a right of passage in the Marine Corps? I know its ****ty to say that's the case with alcohol(its not completely. if i'm speaking out of line correct me) but let me look at my own life for a moment and give you a reason why I abhor this behavior.

ME:
I have done enough drugs to get a waiver for my waiver. This was all before I was 18 mind you. I joined when I was 20 and left drugs completely behind when I was 16. I hit the books hardcore in school and got into college. Did 2 years of college and then joined the marine corps. now.....I did this all the while only consuming alcohol to get inebriated.

My Friends: When I quit my job to pursue a life as a Marine my friends worked measly jobs around town. Best Buy, Sears, Stream(telemarketing company) and numerous other crap jobs. I left for boot camp, was gone for 3 months and didn't hear a thing from any of my friends outside of my true friends in the car club I belong to. I get home around christmas time from boot and instantly went over to one of my high school "friends" parties. This is the first time I saw them in 3 months mind you. They all were on the verge of over weight. still working the same jobs. all but 1 dropped out of college and had no intentions of returning. I was home over 4th of July. same situation still working the same part time jobs. these guys are no between 19-24 and doing absolutely nothing with their lives.

so I'm curious. what possibly could be harmful to you/your life/career with marijuana?

NicholasITALY
07-16-08, 04:30 PM

Guess what? I am 16 years old, I live in a city full of "fake gangsters" kids smoking, ppl selling drugs and all that crap, the first time you get drunk here where I live is when you are 13-14 years old! You didnt know that uh? BUT! Guess what! I HAVE NEVER SMOKED A CIGARETTE, NOR MARIJUANA or toke any other drug! and you know why? Because I want to join the Marine Corps. And I want to be CLEAN 500% And of course I even do it for me.
FVCK THE DRUGS AND ALL THAT CRAP IS JUST FOR LOOSERS.
I don't care if my whole company smoke drugs and ****, I don't. It's not about oh well I live in a place where everyone smoke weed, so I do it too. fvck that! I'm going to be a US Marine. Not a frikin STUPID SMOKED PUNK ASS *****! :evilgrin:
Same for Alchool. I did drink beers. But I stopped. Wanna get in shape.

I WORK HARD TO SAVE THE MONEY FOR THE UNITED STATES! PLUS I STUDY FOR THE DIPLOMA!

I could make a lot of money selling drugs here, we got the **** from Naples, and you sell it in Milan. ALOT OF MONEY. But I said **** that.

IF I WANT SOMETHING, I WANNA EARN THAT SOMETHING. :evilgrin:

Adikt916
07-16-08, 05:20 PM
Alcohol you mean?

my question to you is since when has marijuana been a right of passage in the Marine Corps? I know its ****ty to say that's the case with alcohol(its not completely. if i'm speaking out of line correct me) but let me look at my own life for a moment and give you a reason why I abhor this behavior.

ME:
I have done enough drugs to get a waiver for my waiver. This was all before I was 18 mind you. I joined when I was 20 and left drugs completely behind when I was 16. I hit the books hardcore in school and got into college. Did 2 years of college and then joined the marine corps. now.....I did this all the while only consuming alcohol to get inebriated.

My Friends: When I quit my job to pursue a life as a Marine my friends worked measly jobs around town. Best Buy, Sears, Stream(telemarketing company) and numerous other crap jobs. I left for boot camp, was gone for 3 months and didn't hear a thing from any of my friends outside of my true friends in the car club I belong to. I get home around christmas time from boot and instantly went over to one of my high school "friends" parties. This is the first time I saw them in 3 months mind you. They all were on the verge of over weight. still working the same jobs. all but 1 dropped out of college and had no intentions of returning. I was home over 4th of July. same situation still working the same part time jobs. these guys are no between 19-24 and doing absolutely nothing with their lives.

so I'm curious. what possibly could be harmful to you/your life/career with marijuana?

Yah and I know people in 50s that are alchaholics that sit in there parents house getting drunk all day. While someone I personally know still smokes pot and owns/runs a multimillion dollar trucking business. Who also happened to be a Marine in Vietnam by the way. He even drove 6 hours out of his way to come talk to me about joining, and told me all his horror stories to make sure that I knew what I was getting into. He obviously is a loser, and a nobody because he smokes pot. Clearly drinking leads to success while pot does not.

We can go around all day with personal experiences, and theory crafting but the point still stands.

It's hypocritical to tell people to leave behind getting ****ed up, when you tell them to look forward to it down the road.

It's hypocritical to tell people to not smoke pot because its illegal, but its ok if they drink alchahol underage.

It's hypocritical to tell people that do drugs their losers, when alchahol is a drug itself and abused by many more people than pot is or ever will be.

Also maybe your friends are content with their lives. Just because someone dosn't have as much ambition as you, and dosn't live up to YOUR standard of life or YOUR ideas dosn't make them worthless. That type of thinking got around 50 million people killed in the 30-40's.

Fubar5812
07-16-08, 06:26 PM
this is the marine corps adikt,if you can't handle it or disagree with it.i would keep your mouth shut.your opinion means nothing until you've earned the right too share it with fellow marines.

hell your name is adikt,i wonder what that says about your character? fact is the marine corps has ZERO TOLERANCE for drugs,and strongly discourages alchohol abuse,marines who show up drunk for formation or get DUI's get punished,HARSHLY i might add.not like there getting away with it.

DGardner
07-16-08, 06:36 PM
You seem to bring up drugs and other illegal things quite often...

Are you looking for some validation that what you do/have done/are going to do is alright?

Thank you for pointing out the hypocrisy... but that is the individual Marine(s), and shouldn't be assumed about all Marines.

Adikt916
07-16-08, 08:04 PM
this is the marine corps adikt,if you can't handle it or disagree with it.i would keep your mouth shut.your opinion means nothing until you've earned the right too share it with fellow marines.

hell your name is adikt,i wonder what that says about your character? fact is the marine corps has ZERO TOLERANCE for drugs,and strongly discourages alchohol abuse,marines who show up drunk for formation or get DUI's get punished,HARSHLY i might add.not like there getting away with it.

I was under the impression that I was allowed to express freedom of speech the constitutional right that all Americans are allowed, and that you Marines fight for? But apparently I am not because I don't rate in the Marine Corps yet...?

I only kept posting because the Lt. welcomed the debate and said it SHOULD be debated.

PS - Adikt is the handle that I wrote graffitti under....It has nothing to do with personal drug use. lol.

joecoul89
07-16-08, 08:07 PM
From my observations though, argueing with a Marine is a lost cause...you don't win. I would just stop Adikt lol.

JK523
07-16-08, 09:43 PM
Hey adikt you sure you over drugs dude? Why would you have a signature with a verse about cocaine here on a Marine Corps site?( Yeah I know that song from back in my dark days ) I'm just wondering, why the **** you would put that in your signature instead of something moto? Freedom of expression?

Adikt916
07-17-08, 12:05 AM

DGardner
07-17-08, 12:10 AM
Adikt: Debate it then... I still haven't heard anything good from you.

Unforgottenalwa
07-17-08, 12:21 AM
Well, I don't drink or smoke, I get laid, so I don't need any other ****, that is a high.

gobuffs10
07-17-08, 12:36 AM
I remember when I first came on here, I made a mention that I used to smoke a lot of weed, and I got torn apart for it.

Have been clean for months now...it feels great. All my friends do it daily, all that, and I don't look down on it.

But I will say it is strange to look at 4 years of my life and think that I spent most of them high. It's an odd feeling to snap back into the real world. At first the adjustment was hard. Now it's all good. Makes PT a lot easier too.

The high point (no pun intended) of my day used to be smoking when I was done with class, work, whatever, and it would be a bad day if I couldn't smoke...really sad to say that was me.

Glad to be done with it, one of the best choices I have ever made in my life.

gobuffs10
07-17-08, 12:41 AM
Hey adikt you sure you over drugs dude? Why would you have a signature with a verse about cocaine here on a Marine Corps site?( Yeah I know that song from back in my dark days ) I'm just wondering, why the **** you would put that in your signature instead of something moto? Freedom of expression?

yeah the quote that song is from is called 'ayo for yayo.' Interesting...an entire song dedicated to coke. I know because my buddies like to listen to it while blowing lines. The kind of **** I joined the Marines to help me get away from, because for awhile I fell into the trap.

It's not my place to judge, but with a signature like that I do have to wonder.

JK523
07-17-08, 12:45 AM
I hate to go here, but I question your commitment to become a Marine if that

is what you are after. I pray you are over drugs. Because honestly, I believe

that if you don't have the mental strength to overcome drug use, you can't

handle the responsibilities of being a Marine. But what do I know, I'm just a

stupid ****ing poolee ****bag. And if you are clean, then

ignore all this bull**** I've written. Good day

gobuffs10
07-17-08, 12:48 AM
was that to me?

SlaveToTheCorps
07-17-08, 07:45 AM
I think addiction, regardless of what it is, can be over-powering without something to fill that void. Some people need something to fulfill them & sometimes the Marines can be that motivation. I won’t get into what I did pre-DEP, but I’ll say there wasn’t much I didn’t. Guess what, the USMC came into my life & I did a full 180 I’ve been clean since October 31, 2003. It’s more than possible, but remember your past actions, affect your future choices.

***On another note***

So, for any poolee questioning another’s actions, especially that of any Marine; I suggest that you stand down. You are fighting a pointless battle, on things that most of you/us would never understand. Granted, I don’t rate either but cutting each other down solves nothing if makes us all look stupid. In boot camp you’ll learn that everyone is accountable for each others actions, so let’s ALL stop disrespecting the Marine Corps & the Marines that we all yearn to learn from. Stop questioning each others motives, because you want to feel like you are a little bit better than another poolee who is 500 miles away. The way you present yourself today is the way people will view you for years to come.

Respectfully,
Vanessa-Rose

egbutler1
07-17-08, 11:45 AM
You can still get recalled for a **** test in the IRR, I've seen it happen.
Alcohol is only a problem is the individual makes it so.

I got recalled back to AD, LOL they didn't **** us or weigh anyone cause so many Marines where failing the **** test and body standards that they couldn't recall anyone. They just said "don't do any drugs from now till you get your orders cause you will get tested once your back in". I got out of my recall due to injuries and a VA rating but found it funny that they relaxed the regs for us IRR boys. Yeah but anyways drugs are stupid and don't do them.

Chumley
07-17-08, 11:47 AM
It's much bigger than just a Marine Corps thing. Whether it's alcohol or drugs or tobacco, the escapism that is associated with these is just not good for the soul. Learn how to live your lives free of influences that are negative and self-indulging. Most of you don't realize that the habits you take up when you are teens and early 20's stay with you for life. Try to think how cool you'll be while you spend your time in bars p1ssing away your pay, while your family misses you, or as you've been smoking for so long that you wheeze at 35 years old. As you get older, it's tough to change...trust me. If you want to be a great person, great Marine, anything, build yourself into the individual you want to be without the vices. They do not enhance you; they are the tools of personal weakness. Just because the rest of the world is doing it only means it's easier for you to rise above the majority.

Good luck!!
C

NicholasITALY
07-17-08, 12:12 PM
It's much bigger than just a Marine Corps thing. Whether it's alcohol or drugs or tobacco, the escapism that is associated with these is just not good for the soul. Learn how to live your lives free of influences that are negative and self-indulging. Most of you don't realize that the habits you take up when you are teens and early 20's stay with you for life. Try to think how cool you'll be while you spend your time in bars p1ssing away your pay, while your family misses you, or as you've been smoking for so long that you wheeze at 35 years old. As you get older, it's tough to change...trust me. If you want to be a great person, great Marine, anything, build yourself into the individual you want to be without the vices. They do not enhance you; they are the tools of personal weakness. Just because the rest of the world is doing it only means it's easier for you to rise above the majority.

Good luck!!
C

Well said Marine! I'm 16 years old, never smoked a cigarette nor marijuana or any other drug. My dream is to become a US Marine, and I will. AND I WANT TO BE CLEAN 500%. IM GOING TO BE A GREAT MARINE! :evilgrin: AND IM PROUD TO SAY THAT IM CLEAN FROM DRUGS, TOBACCO ETC. ! :flag:

Isrowei
07-17-08, 12:48 PM
I was under the impression that I was allowed to express freedom of speech the constitutional right that all Americans are allowed, and that you Marines fight for? But apparently I am not because I don't rate in the Marine Corps yet...?

I only kept posting because the Lt. welcomed the debate and said it SHOULD be debated.

PS - Adikt is the handle that I wrote graffitti under....It has nothing to do with personal drug use. lol.

Adikt, I said it should be discussed, but that does not mean taking confrontational tones in the exchange of ideas.

Also, this is primarily a board for Marines. While you are free to post here, posting for the sake of being contentious and disruptive is not encouraged or allowed.

In short, check the attitude at the door.

We tend to give Marines a bit more leeway because they have proven themselves through accomplishment. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant.

I've never heard anyone say drinking underage is "ok". The Marine Corps and DoD specifically have rules against it and offenders are severely punished. Now, do we understand that some people do it? Yes we do. Do we also realize that some people do drugs in the military. Yes we do. Both categories of individuals are punished according to the standing regulations.

What you're talking about is a perceived glamorization of underage drinking in the military in general and the Marine Corps specifically. Frankly, that's your perspective and not one necessarily rooted in fact. I would distinctly argue against that. Do we as Marines drink alcohol? Yes. Do we have a repuation for being able to hold our liquor? Yes. Does that mean that we encourage or demand underage drinking on the part of individuals under the age of 21? Absolutely not.

Drinking does not define the Marine or the Marine Corps. It never will. Earning the title defines the Marine. Do not forget that. We are Marines regardless of our individual taste for alcohol (and many Marines do not drink at all).

As for drugs... it's illegal. Why bother with the argument? It's not hypocritical to tell someone to obey the law. The Marine Corps has no policy against the responsible, legal enjoyment of alcohol.

I hope that settles at least some of your questions. If you have more, please feel free to ask. But remember to leave the attitude at home.

Marines and poolees, we do well to play by the same rules of respect and dignity that we ask of our guests. Keep in mind that you are treated the way you treat others. Keep the discussion civil.

Chumley
07-17-08, 12:50 PM
Well said Marine! I'm 16 years old, never smoked a cigarette nor marijuana or any other drug. My dream is to become a US Marine, and I will. AND I WANT TO BE CLEAN 500%. IM GOING TO BE A GREAT MARINE! :evilgrin: AND IM PROUD TO SAY THAT IM CLEAN FROM DRUGS, TOBACCO ETC. ! :flag:

That's a great attitude! Make good choices, even when it's not popular, fun, easy, etc. You know what's right and what's good or not.

Whitey
07-17-08, 03:51 PM
Also maybe your friends are content with their lives. Just because someone dosn't have as much ambition as you, and dosn't live up to YOUR standard of life or YOUR ideas dosn't make them worthless. That type of thinking got around 50 million people killed in the 30-40's.

My standards are the same standards as any good Marine. This type of standard saved the world from those tyrants who killed 50 million people.

It would behoove of you to watch your tone poolee. Look up the defintion of the word tact, its in your best interest.

ttracker65
07-21-08, 01:41 PM
Adikt, I would hope that in the near future you will learn from your fellow Poolees and slow down a little and take in the Knowledge that is available instead of continualy letting your Azz over run your Brain. There are plenty of Marines willing to help you to the Yellow footprints but THEY have only so much patients and you have been on a roll testing said patients.
Good Luck to you and i do hope that you start working towards a USMC career instead of away from it.

Sam331
07-21-08, 02:32 PM

Adikt you make a good point, I have to agree with your first portion of the message. I just find it funny that so many people seem angry or mad at the fact that your posting a neutral debatable perspective on the whole drugs and alcohol issue. I do believe your right though. Alcohol can be just as bad or worst than weed. How many people have died due to drinking and driving or being hit by a drunk driver, I know that number outweighs those who smoke and drive. What I don't get is, this all started because PFC overheard some Marines talking about how they want to get high after their contract is over. Personally, I don't see whats wrong with that. Not everyone wants to serve 20 years in the Corps. Someone joined for the experience and knowledge and after 4 years look forward to civilian life. If that includes smoking every now and then so be it. At least they are waiting till after their contract expires. Nothing wrong with that. Alcohol and Marijuana are one in alike. They both alter who you are, they alter your mind and body.

ttracker65
07-21-08, 03:00 PM
Adikt you make a good point, I have to agree with your first portion of the message. I just find it funny that so many people seem angry or mad at the fact that your posting a neutral debatable perspective on the whole drugs and alcohol issue. I do believe your right though. Alcohol can be just as bad or worst than weed. How many people have died due to drinking and driving or being hit by a drunk driver, I know that number outweighs those who smoke and drive. What I don't get is, this all started because PFC overheard some Marines talking about how they want to get high after their contract is over. Personally, I don't see whats wrong with that. Not everyone wants to serve 20 years in the Corps. Someone joined for the experience and knowledge and after 4 years look forward to civilian life. If that includes smoking every now and then so be it. At least they are waiting till after their contract expires. Nothing wrong with that. Alcohol and Marijuana are one in alike. They both alter who you are, they alter your mind and body.

I have Grave concern for a person that does not know the difference from legal and illegal activity's such as Drug use and abuse as well as defacing property such as Graffiti or tagging. In the Marine Corps You will be expected to show core values and while some do not the majority do. If you truely do not understand the difference from breaking the law and following it why waste your time with the Marine Corps. or any US Armed Forces for that matter. Stick with Code Pink and their land of purple haze.
Just my opinion.

CplKJSpevak
07-21-08, 03:30 PM
PS - Adikt is the handle that I wrote graffitti under with personal drug use. lol.

:evilgrin:JACKAZZ!

Whitey
07-21-08, 03:33 PM

This is a daily occurance actually. You join the corps to better your life whether it be 4 years or 30 years. Smoking weed is very contradicting to everything that the Corps stands for even AFTER you get out. Just because youre a civilian again does not mean you have to give up the values that your title holds dear.

Sam331
07-21-08, 04:05 PM
I know for the majority of the part what is legal and illegal. I never once said I was out and about breaking laws or smoking weed and all that. I no longer smoke at all, and the only time I drink is at special outing events. You said if someone doesn't understand the difference between breaking and following the law they'd be wasting their time with trying to enlist into a branch of service. I disagree with you, the military can be a place where people find themselves, a place where they can start a new life. So if a person who sold drugs all their teen life and robbed people and what not wanted to join the military, would you tell them that they'd be wasting their time? A lot of people are capable of making a 180 degree turnabout, they just need some guidance. As a Cpl and leader of Marines wouldn't you say so?

yellowwing
07-21-08, 04:10 PM
Our Marines are tromping through acres of marijuana and opium as we speak. You don't want to loose Marines cause they were high on opium and hash when ambushed.

http://www.ywg-web.com/images/afghan-dope.jpg

Whatever you think of marijuana, opium is addictive. Poolees better have their minds right about it before they find themselves one day walking through an endless supply.

ttracker65
07-21-08, 04:41 PM
I know for the majority of the part what is legal and illegal. I never once said I was out and about breaking laws or smoking weed and all that. I no longer smoke at all, and the only time I drink is at special outing events. You said if someone doesn't understand the difference between breaking and following the law they'd be wasting their time with trying to enlist into a branch of service. I disagree with you, the military can be a place where people find themselves, a place where they can start a new life. So if a person who sold drugs all their teen life and robbed people and what not wanted to join the military, would you tell them that they'd be wasting their time? A lot of people are capable of making a 180 degree turnabout, they just need some guidance. As a Cpl and leader of Marines wouldn't you say so?

Why do I waste my time I do not know but here goes, If You have been dealing drugs your whole youth and robbing people then you need prison not the Armed Forces we are not baby sitters. They are there to defend our country not plunder it as i have asked of Adikt916 please you use your brains before your Azz when you post. Just my opinion.

SgtThrasher
07-21-08, 05:06 PM
The Marine Corps hasn't any place for dope and when you transition back to the civilian world there isn't a place there either,if you like your job.

Most of the Vietnam movies depict pot smoking as the norm,but in reality it was rare.

I never knew anyone who smoked pot in my Vietnam era of 68-69.

I was a Sergeant and section chief on a 8" Howitzer (SP) gun crew up in the leatherneck square and the job required clear thinking for the entire gun crew 24/7. A pot head would have been sent back to the rear for office hours.:iwo:

bgsuwoody
07-21-08, 08:11 PM
Ok I was going to leave this stupid ass thing alone, but I can't anymore. <br />
<br />
I too cannot go a day without hearing this trash and it ****es me off too. Guess who it usually comes from...Marines who...

davblay
07-21-08, 09:06 PM

DO YOU WANT ME IN THIS DISCUSSION SAM? REALLY?

Dave

Integrity57
07-21-08, 09:48 PM

No, you need to have yourself sorted out and your head on straight before you join the military, otherwise it's like trying to find Jesus in a foxhole. The military will instill discipline if you take to it, and not everyone does, we call them ****bags, and those are the ones that will get you beat in boot camp and the ones that make your life harder in the Fleet.

Haffner
07-21-08, 11:47 PM
It's alot easier to ***** and whine about Marines saying these things on an internet forum that actually speaking with them about it.

Be a freakin' mentor. That especially goes out to the currently active NCO's that have/will participate in this thread. That's what you're here for: commend the deserving and encourage the wayward. Does THAT sound familiar?

If you chance upon Marines speaking speaking to one another in a similar manner about similar illegal and or immoral activities, talk with them about it! Engage them in conversation, present the facts, remind them that they're Marines even after they EAS, etc etc, do whatever you can! Sure, odds are they might just blow you off and think, "What a dumbass," but if you havn't at least tried...guess what...not only have they failed but so have you!

Semper Fi to those who care enough to help out a Brother

Rowe907
07-22-08, 12:49 AM
Here are the options for you Adikt:

1. Wake up at 2 in the afternoon. Stumble downstairs. Eat fruit loops. Drive to "Eazy E's" house and spend $40 on pot. Drive home. Smoke it with a buddy. Eat all the chips, ice cream, and marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms cereal. Drink 3 gallons of gatorade because you have cotton mouth. Play PS2 for the rest of the evening and fall asleep because you have no motovation or drive whatsoever.

2. Wake up at 5am. Grab a biscuit or nutri-grain bar. Put on the best looking uniform in the world. Drive on base. Go to your shop or wherever Grunts go. Pray to God your 1st Sgt doesnt say anything to you. Go home. Fall asleep knowing that youre part of the finest fighting force in the entire world.

We could debate/discuss how pot is natural. We can debate/discuss how how alcohol when used sparingly isnt all that harmful. Or we can realize that marijuana is illegal. For whatever reason, its illegal. If you pop positive for it, youre up sh*t creek without a paddle. If you show up drunk, you can bet the Marine Corps will skin your azz with sandpaper. I think we should consult Chesty... I believe he would say "Enough of this sh*t!"....... Night all.

(Adikt, dont think im busting your chops. You are free to do whatever you want. I hope that if you do decide to join the Marine Corps, please do so knowing that there is no room for a person who chooses to smoke marijuana or writes graffiti.)

ttracker65
07-22-08, 11:15 AM
ok I will make this simple. The president has Declared War against Drugs...Drugs are the enamy....Any Questions? As to the Poolees wishing to debate i encourage you to read the Poolee/ Wannabee Rules for this site. You are not here to debate politics. The UCMJ has pot written as a narcotic that is illeagle to use so there is no debate. Thank You

Adikt916
07-22-08, 12:31 PM
ok I will make this simple. The president has Declared War against Drugs...Drugs are the enamy....Any Questions?

If drugs is the enemey, why has the government spent billions upon billions of dollars fighting the war on drugs, but the importing of drugs has increase by more than 6 fold since the 90s?

SlaveToTheCorps
07-22-08, 12:58 PM
Adikt916, whatever your smartazz is trying to prove...let me give you some advice...just SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Sometimes it's better to let people think you're intelligent, than to open your stupid mouth & prove you're not quite up to par. You want to be a Marine, but have no concept of respect or the morals it requires...Marines & poolee's alike have told you to shut it & stop disrespecting people here with your tone & dumbazz remarks...so take the advice & please do so.

bgsuwoody
07-22-08, 01:22 PM
If drugs is the enemey, why has the government spent billions upon billions of dollars fighting the war on drugs, but the importing of drugs has increase by more than 6 fold since the 90s?

Let me tell you why...its because irresponsible, low life, individuals with no self esteem, desire to grow, or work for that matter, unless stealing is work, who spend more money on their drugs than children or their food (which the democrats would like to give them anyways free...healthcare and welfare for all...even you lowly drug addict). Who has no real contribution to the economy except to ascerbate the government by using our prison funds and police funds because they are too busy getting coked out of their mind.

Let me see...so what you are saying is getting high is cool...well ****...you must be high...all I have ever seemed to do is. Wreck vehicles, eat all the food in my fridge, make stupid jokes, pass out, watch horrible lightshows, and listen to music, play mario party, laugh some more, wig out, stare,. Holy **** man I wasn't any help to the community or the world or the economy....unless you count the amount of money spent on eyedrops, its pretty damn retarded....

You know what stop spending so much time vegged out on the couch and have some good sex...damn better than any "natural" high

gobuffs10
07-22-08, 04:52 PM
You know what stop spending so much time vegged out on the couch and have some good sex...damn better than any "natural" high

I like where your head is at.

Plus I agree with you about not doing anything. I know productive potheads, but very few. All my weed smoking got me was a fast trip out of the University of Colorado. I look back at last year and it makes me sick...I was a bum, living for free at my girlfriend's place, off her groceries and money. I usually made it to two or three classes a week. The rest of the time was spent hitting my $300 dollar bong and playing Counter-Strike on my girlfriend's couch, napping, eating her food, etc. Big reason I turned to the Marines...I want to be something great. It's really hard to feel good about yourself when the highlight of your day is smoking a joint.

It may not be addictive, but it is VERY easy to convince yourself it's not having any negative effects on you. For awhile I was a big proponent of legalization. I've seen kids getting jacked for a pound of weed by three guys with an AK (not personally seen...a friend of mine told me about it). Drugs are just shady business, and I think there comes a certain point where you have to look at yourself and decide to grow the **** up.

Whitey
07-22-08, 05:22 PM
If drugs is the enemy, why has the government spent billions upon billions of dollars fighting the war on drugs, but the importing of drugs has increase by more than 6 fold since the 90s?

*shakes head*

you just don't get it which tells me.........you just won't earn it(:usmc:) either

ttracker65
07-22-08, 06:46 PM
Aditka PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK AND READ IN BETWEEN TOKES AND THEN APPLY THE INFORMATION. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

Adikt916
07-22-08, 07:45 PM
*shakes head*

you just don't get it which tells me.........you just won't earn it(:usmc:) either

He asked if I had a question....:angel:

Wyoming
07-22-08, 09:28 PM
Adikt916, whatever your smartazz is trying to prove...let me give you some advice...just SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Sometimes it's better to let people think you're intelligent, than to open your stupid mouth & prove you're not quite up to par. You want to be a Marine, but have no concept of respect or the morals it requires...Marines & poolee's alike have told you to shut it & stop disrespecting people here with your tone & dumbazz remarks...so take the advice & please do so.

Couldn't have said it better!

Oh wait, I can say it better - Click Here!! (http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=)

BTW adick, I remember you from the chat room. Dumazz then, dumazz now!!

Oh yeah, since you have such a pizz-poor profile, I am going to request a Mod have a visit with you.

Rains
07-23-08, 02:59 PM

Yes Sir! :thumbup:

rkidd4
07-23-08, 03:28 PM
I like where your head is at.

Plus I agree with you about not doing anything. I know productive potheads, but very few. All my weed smoking got me was a fast trip out of the University of Colorado. I look back at last year and it makes me sick...I was a bum, living for free at my girlfriend's place, off her groceries and money. I usually made it to two or three classes a week. The rest of the time was spent hitting my $300 dollar bong and playing Counter-Strike on my girlfriend's couch, napping, eating her food, etc. Big reason I turned to the Marines...I want to be something great. It's really hard to feel good about yourself when the highlight of your day is smoking a joint.

It may not be addictive, but it is VERY easy to convince yourself it's not having any negative effects on you. For awhile I was a big proponent of legalization. I've seen kids getting jacked for a pound of weed by three guys with an AK (not personally seen...a friend of mine told me about it). Drugs are just shady business, and I think there comes a certain point where you have to look at yourself and decide to grow the **** up.

I cant agree with you more Ryan...My situation was a mirror image to yours except at Colorado State University. I hate to admit this but its true. Smoking got a me a one way ticket out of Colorado State and wondering what the **** happened. I too turned to the Marines to change my life and to belong to something greater than myself. Drugs are for LOSERS and I hate the fact I had to experience them to find that out. Adikt, you have no argument here. Ive been reading this post for awhile now and wanted to stay out of it b/c I am ashamed to admit my past but I thought it was time to say my opinion. I still think you have some connection to drugs or else you wouldnt be arguing about it so much...I once thought like you but that was when I was smoking...You need to use the Marines as your drug. I dunno about you but I love considering the Marines my drug...I think about it and use it all the time by working out and perparing my self for it...IMO its the best drug Ive come accross and I hope to be an addict for life. :evilgrin:

ROTORORDY
07-23-08, 11:22 PM
its called a fighting hole yall

Rains
07-24-08, 03:17 PM

Oh wait, I can say it better - Click Here!! (http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=)

Oh yeah, since you have such a pizz-poor profile, I am going to request a Mod have a visit with you.

Well said LOL. :thumbup:

Whitey
07-24-08, 03:55 PM
He asked if I had a question....:angel:
you asked a question without expecting a solid answer. you were feeding the fire to **** off a marine.

Rains
07-24-08, 04:00 PM
you asked a question without expecting a solid answer. you were feeding the fire to **** off a marine.

That isnt good.

My advice to you adikt is to cut the crap and respect these Marines, I havent been through Boot Camp yet but I know without a shadow of a doubt that you will feel the fire if you are disrespectfull when you get there. :evilgrin:

SlaveToTheCorps
07-28-08, 12:28 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/GoThIcThUgGeTtE/myspace/thnemo.gif

Isrowei
07-28-08, 03:04 PM

Since when do we measure how "right" an action or activity is by how prevalent it is. Speeding has always been against the law. It harms no one if you do 85-100 on the highway usually. In fact, hundreds of people regularly speed their entire lives and have never had an accident. Does that make it right? Legal?

No.

Ask the person who has family that died on a highway in a high-speed crash. Whether self-induced or brought on by someone else's irresponsibility, I'm sure they don't care. It's a law for a reason. Whether you agree with that reason or not is immaterial.

You're blowing smoke and these are entirely thin arguments to be making. Being the devil's advocate is one thing, willful ignorance is another.

As we said so many times before, joining the Marine Corps is a voluntary admission that you will abide by a certain standard of conduct. Claiming the title Marine implies that you hold yourself to a certain high standard. Expressing the desire to break your commitment (or to engage in illegal activity after your commitment) shows evidence of a lack of character. It shows that you didn't really internalize those Core Values that really define the Marine Corps. It shows that you're playing a part, a character, for the time you have to (maybe... or you just might not be getting caught) and then you plan to abandon it to do the illegal activity once again. It shows a lack of morals due to the willingness to knowingly break federal law.

Marines are supposed to do what is right, because it is right. Where in that is there room for wishing to engage in illegal activity... at any time?

The correct answer is never.