PDA

View Full Version : Stress Cards?

Adikt916
07-15-08, 02:18 PM
I heard that the Army implemented them when they dumbed down their BT, but I was told that the Marines didn't and would never use them. I talked to someone today who knows several Marines here, one of his friends just got back from Boot and his friend told him they give out stress cards now...He said soemone pulled it the 2nd day of PT and the DI's chewed him up everyday after that for the rest of Boot.

I was just curious if this was true, I'd like to hear it from Marines that have actually gone to boot recently and graduated.

Also what are the feelings over some of the older Marines if this is true?

Actually maybe I shouldn't ask that....:evilgrin:

Chumley
07-15-08, 02:36 PM
I heard that the Army implemented them when they dumbed down their BT, but I was told that the Marines didn't and would never use them. I talked to someone today who knows several Marines here, one of his friends just got back from Boot and his friend told him they give out stress cards now...He said soemone pulled it the 2nd day of PT and the DI's chewed him up everyday after that for the rest of Boot.

I was just curious if this was true, I'd like to hear it from Marines that have actually gone to boot recently and graduated.

Also what are the feelings over some of the older Marines if this is true?

Actually maybe I shouldn't ask that....:evilgrin:

They didn't have them in '89, but I've heard of them. Boot Camp is supposed to be stressful, so stress chits are hypocritical. The DI's know when a recruit is maxed out. They are trained to identify those in trouble...it's not the recruit's call. Hmmmmm - It's a good thing the insurgents back off when American troops are feeling a bit overwhelmed. Does the Army still issue a stress ribbon when you don't utilize your stress card in basic training? :sick:

jackson07
07-15-08, 03:04 PM
USMC does not use stress cards. I am not in the Army so I can't tell you anything first hand about that.

AL49BGN
07-15-08, 03:29 PM
They definately didn't have them in 86 and I sure hope they aren't doing it now.That would be insane.

Phantom Blooper
07-15-08, 03:40 PM
This has been posted before...unless it has changed this is still the scoop!:evilgrin:

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

AL49BGN
07-15-08, 03:57 PM
This has been posted before...unless it has changed this is still the scoop!:evilgrin:

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Thank you for that bit of knowledge.I was about to hit my head up against the bulkhead thinking that my beloved Corps had taken that road.I can now rest easy.I was wondering however if we can be issued stress cards for when we are asked questions about "Recon" in the Poolee hall,LOL

Whitey
07-15-08, 04:05 PM
why stress cards would never work. in theory it is supposed to be 30 minutes of no stress for that recruit/trainee. that leaves 23 hours and 30 minutes for a Drill Instructor to seek his dues

slimmy07
07-15-08, 04:40 PM
No, the Corps does NOT use stress cards. I heard that they tried them out with ONE company during ONE cycle of boot camp back in the mid-late 90's and it just did NOT work for the Marines.

CplKJSpevak
07-15-08, 04:47 PM
To me the stress cards are like the Yeti, Toothfairy, and Bigfoot. I've heard about it, But never knew anyone who had them in Boot Camp.

BR34
07-15-08, 05:06 PM
...no body had them because it's just a rumor that someone made up to make the Army look softer than it already looks.

Adikt916
07-15-08, 05:55 PM
Oops

Danman
07-15-08, 06:06 PM
I'd be Damed if they ever thought of stress cards... " Sorry mister terrorist can i shoot you another day im too stressed out" That would be some Bulls**t if you ask me!!!

JK523
07-15-08, 07:20 PM
I highly doubt that the Marine Corps gives out stress cards. And if they do, no one better use it...

DGardner
07-15-08, 08:34 PM
http://a633.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_dd94fb6a01f1636b21fcc28eb069fb60.jpg
Print it off and take it with you. :)
-Gardner

Adikt916
07-15-08, 09:40 PM
ill, I will bring that with my pink I <3 USMC shirt.

JSam
07-15-08, 10:24 PM
Hellz no.
Wear your Navy shirt. DI's LOVE Navy shirts.

BR34
07-15-08, 10:42 PM
Your DIs won't even see you until after you've already been issued your uniforms. You could wear a pink dress and they wouldn't give to shakes....well, that may be a bit extreme but you get the point.