PDA

View Full Version : Your take on MCT

MrFish
07-15-08, 11:48 AM
Good morning, fellow Marines! I graduated from boot camp this last weekend from San Diego and am a few days into my 10 days of leave. Seeing as how I've tackled that obstacle, I am soon to be faced with MCT, back at Camp Pendleton. My question is, for those who have gone through MCT already, how did it compare to boot camp? Were the humps easier / harder? Did the instructors thrive on torturing you, or were they a little more approachable than your DI's? Are you always getting the living heck sweated out of you in PT, or do you mostly do weapons training on the range? I'll be going to MCT from late July to late August... probably the hottest time of the year. Any advice besides ridiculous amounts of hydration? Anything you all care to contribute would mean a lot. Thanks, and Semper Fi!!

jackson07
07-15-08, 01:58 PM
It was been a little over a year since I was there but... my instructors were alright. Some call MCT phase 4 of boot camp, and at times it felt like it, but overall it was alright. You get treated like Marines if you act like one. We didn't really pt ever at MCT unless it was pushups for doing something stupid. I felt the instructors were very approachable. The humps did suck, but you are a Marine you can do it.

MCT is something not to be afraid of. Go, hydrate, and learn all that you can. I haven't fired a weapon in over a year, so enjoy it while you can.

outlaw3179
07-15-08, 02:21 PM
I haven't fired a weapon in over a year, so enjoy it while you can.

That is sad.

jackson07
07-15-08, 03:06 PM
That is sad.

I will agree with that. Intel training is long. I won't fire for atleast another 8 months or more.

AL49BGN
07-15-08, 03:28 PM
First of all I must congratulate you on earning your title.It has been a while but I do remember the Humps at Pendleton really sucking.We humped everywhere,we humped to every range.However you are treated like a Marine,we had liberty on the weekends the instructors were ok for the most part but you still aren't out in the Fleet yet.Good luck!

ianmusto
07-15-08, 04:19 PM

Thats disgusting...

Pete0331
07-15-08, 04:35 PM

Find yourself a private range.

SlingerDun
07-15-08, 04:39 PM
Good Job MrFishhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif :usmc:and question for you: when boots head north for the rifle range is there still a mini infantry school followng rifle qual?

--->Dave

darkgreen0311
07-15-08, 05:05 PM
Yeah most of the instructors are cool. The instructors once finished with their duty go back to their units. It's funny because some of the instructors that trained me at MCT were actually from my unit. it's funny seeing these same guys who trained you fresh out boot camp in your unit just as regular every day Marines when they're no longer instructors at MCT.

:marine: Semper Fi 4 Life
Give Me Liberty Or I'll Get It Myself

outlaw3179
07-16-08, 06:38 PM
It will feel good when you get a chance to bust some caps again. As much as I hated police calling the brass , damn its fun to let loose a belt on the range.