PDA

View Full Version : Shipping out to Bootcamp July 22... I've been negative about all this for awhile.

raulg
07-15-08, 01:47 AM
I'm shipping out to Bootcamp next Tuesday and I just wanted to post this so other future poolies can see this.

Ive been sort of negative of everything. If you check my posts and threads on this forum, I have sort of been too worried about everything.

When I first walked into the recruiters office, I was 200 pounds. I had to get down to 179 lbs to pass at MEPS. Then I have to get to 168 to be able to ship.

Right now I'm at 170, so I got 2 more pounds to drop before next week when I ship.

I feel that I might not be ready "Physically" for Bootcamp, but my recruiter says that many of poolies feel that way and that, that's what Bootcamp is for. That Bootcamp is supposed to get you into shape.

I want to be able to come back 3 months from now and look at this thread and just laugh at it.

But I also made this just in case I dont finish Bootcamp for whatever reason and maybe this post will get other poolies to see that I wasnt ready and maybe it'll get them into better shape.

Im exited and feel ready mentally for bootcamp. Hopefully I am physically...

Hopefully I come back to this thread a Marine in a few months.

JK523
07-15-08, 02:47 AM
Hey raulg it's natural to be worried. When you get to the MCRD though it's time to get focused! Don't worry I believe you can do it. And you better believe that YOU can do it!

Parks
07-15-08, 09:15 PM
Raul, you've got to think more positive about this. If you go in there with doubts, you're only going to make things harder for yourself.

Cowboy up and think positive. You'll make us all proud.

ForeverChanged
07-15-08, 09:26 PM
Don't go with doubts. Go into it with a can do-will do attitude, AND DON'T GIVE UP! Remember the reward at the end of the tunnel.

Sally
07-15-08, 09:27 PM
Trust me, you'll lose all the weight you need in boot camp whether you want to or not. You'll have fun, I promise ya. I know you are worried whether you're ready physically, but your Drill Instructors will not give up on you and they will give you all the confidence you'll need in the end. You will feel better and laugh about this when you graduate. Stay motivated, know that you can make it!

Big Jim
07-15-08, 09:28 PM
I'm shipping out to Bootcamp next Tuesday and I just wanted to post this so other future poolies can see this.

Ive been sort of negative of everything. If you check my posts and threads on this forum, I have sort of been too worried about everything.

When I first walked into the recruiters office, I was 200 pounds. I had to get down to 179 lbs to pass at MEPS. Then I have to get to 168 to be able to ship.

Right now I'm at 170, so I got 2 more pounds to drop before next week when I ship.

I feel that I might not be ready "Physically" for Bootcamp, but my recruiter says that many of poolies feel that way and that, that's what Bootcamp is for. That Bootcamp is supposed to get you into shape.

I want to be able to come back 3 months from now and look at this thread and just laugh at it.

But I also made this just in case I dont finish Bootcamp for whatever reason and maybe this post will get other poolies to see that I wasnt ready and maybe it'll get them into better shape.

Im exited and feel ready mentally for bootcamp. Hopefully I am physically...

Hopefully I come back to this thread a Marine in a few months.

DON'T LET THAT FEAR TAKE YOU OVER BOY...STAY FOCUSED ON WHAT YOU WANT AND WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS...FAILING AND QUITTING IS THE COWARDS WAY OUT...BE THE MAN YOU ARE AND STAND UP AND ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE TO BE MORE THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU COULD...FACE THAT FEAR..BE BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN THAT FEAR AND NEVER, EVER LET THAT NEGATIVITY GET TO YOU THIS BAD EVER AGAIN!! STAY MOTIVATED, STAY POSITIVE...REMEMBER, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS...MORE OUT OF SHAPE POOLIES AND RECRUITS HAVE DONE IT...SO CAN YOU...NOW USE THAT MENTAL PREPARATION TO GO AND DO THIS FRIKKIN THING AND COME HOME A MARINE...UNDERSTAND? DON'T TAKE FAILURE, QUITTING OR NO FOR AN ANSWER...STAY IN THERE...PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!! ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS...DON'T THINK OF HOW BAD IT WILL HURT, DON'T DREAD THINGS TO COME...JUST DO IT!!! NOW GO AND SHOW EVERYONE YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES..SHOW YOURSELF WHAT YOU CAN DO...!!!

Backblast
07-16-08, 06:08 AM
You cannot be completely ready for boot camp. If you were already in peak shape there would be no need to train you. Drill Instructors transform recruits into Marines physically, mentally, and spiritually.

It sounds to me like you are good to go. You have lost allot of weight and your ship date is approaching. I would tie up your loose ends at home and lose that mere two pounds.

Be excited about the adventure you are about to embark on. Becoming a U.S. Marine is the stuff of legends.

Keep your chin up, stay motivated and do us proud.

jrhd97
07-16-08, 06:35 AM
Go ahead and cut all soda's from your diet, if you already haven't. That goes along way to weight loss and you will have gone through the sugar and caffeine withdrawals before you get to boot camp.
Get that negative attitude out of your grape! You shouldn't ever be placing a post " in case I fail ". A little worry is OK, a little fear is OK.
You have enough discipline and moto in you to lose all that weight, you have enough to make it through boot camp and earn the title.
Go get some, see ya in 13.

raulg
07-16-08, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the comments Marines and poolees.

Its really boosted my confidence. I feel I can do this now. I'm just going going to do everything I have to, to come back a Marine.

Big Jim
07-16-08, 12:33 PM

Its really boosted my confidence. I feel I can do this now. I'm just going going to do everything I have to, to come back a Marine.

GOOD...THATS REALLY GOOD POOLIE...REMEMBER...A POSITIVE OUTLOOK AND MOTIVATED ATTITUDE WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT GIVING UP...NOT EVER!!! THIS IS AN ATTAINABLE GOAL FOR YOU...JUST GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT, OK? WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH...AND IT WILL...GET TOUGHER THAN THE PAIN OR LOW MORALE...YOU HAVE TO OVERCOME AND FACE THESE FEARS.... YOU CAN DO IT!!

Backblast
07-16-08, 01:46 PM

You have to realize that this becoming a Marine process is mainly a mental one. Your confidence will be built, you will have increased discipline and Es Spirit de Corps.

Get yourself mentally prepared now by using some positive thinking techniques. Visualize yourself climbing over every obstacle. Picture yourself earning Rifle Expert on the range. Imagine yourself getting that first class PFT.

Visualize the win and then just let your body follow your will.