PDA

View Full Version : Rejoining?

Boston35
07-14-08, 08:25 PM
I know this will probably be looked down upon but i've been to Parris Island, and was discharged for fradulant enlistment. I didnt report psychiatric treatment, which later came out. I dont have any...

Big Jim
07-14-08, 08:30 PM
THE CHANGE OF RECRUITER WON'T MATTER...JUST GO AND TALK TO ONE BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT JOINING...YOU MAY HAVE TO GET A WAIVER FOR THIS...AND A RECRUITER WILL TELL YOU WHETHER OR NOT YOU NEED A...

sparkie
07-14-08, 08:38 PM
If at first you don't succeed, Give up, Oh, Oh,, how does that go????? Try, Try again.

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 08:58 PM
FILL OUT A PROFILE!

Just out of curiosity...what makes you think that you are mentally prepared for the Marine Corps today after washing out for shrink problems in yesteryear?

Times change and you can try again. The mind games are still there....since you don't have a profile we don't know your age bracket or when you enlisted last. However rest assured that the reindeer games will always be there and you have to roll with the flow and the punches.

In saying this apply for a waiver to a prior service recruiter or recruiter. But I would venture to say that the answer would be NO.

Not judging you on past demerits or merits...just stating that the Marine Corps may waiver you for a physical ailment if deemed by medical personnel that you are physically fit to fulfill the rigors of training. But once you are given up to the shrink you will be hard pressed to make a case.Most crazy people are sane acting according to statistics...Jeffery Dahmer comes to mind. Give it a try...doesn't hurt...if you can PROVE that your mindset has changed a resounding 110%!

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!:evilgrin:

joecoul89
07-14-08, 09:09 PM
To add to this, I have a similar situation: When I was 11 or so, I always felt sick to my stomach so I went to a psychologist. He never diagnosed me with anything and I was never given any medicine. My recruiter told me this is not a problem because I had no diagnosis and didn't have any prescriptions. Is this true or do I need to get a waiver before I ship?

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 09:23 PM
You need to report it and have documentation that you did so. Tell MEPS!
Read tis mothers story posted in Marine Parents and read the Marines advice and answers.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68362

:evilgrin:

Marine84
07-14-08, 09:24 PM
How do you guys come up with shrink problems at such a young age? Hell, I just saw one for the very first time this year..................I'm 46!

Parks
07-14-08, 10:02 PM
How do you guys come up with shrink problems at such a young age? Hell, I just saw one for the very first time this year..................I'm 46!

It's not that odd for our generation I don't think. My mom tried to have me "talk" to someone when my parents divorced and I was only 5. Shrinks are pretty common nowadays apparently.

joecoul89
07-14-08, 10:48 PM
Read tis mothers story posted in Marine Parents and read the Marines advice and answers.

Thank you for the advice Staff Sergeant, I actually read that thread before I posted all this and that is what started to worry me. I leave in 2 weeks so this kinda made me nervous now...I don't want to get caught for something not documented.

CplKJSpevak
07-15-08, 04:25 AM
It's not that odd for our generation I don't think. My mom tried to have me "talk" to someone when my parents divorced and I was only 5. Shrinks are pretty common nowadays apparently.

:cry:Tiffany, Your statement hit a compassion chord with me!
:devious:What the hell are we doing to our kids these days? The "System" want's to diagnose everyone with a "disorder"............medicate them,send them to shrinks, neatly lable them with something like "ADD with a touch of Bi-Polar, and throw in some depression"......When we buy into this crap, We are feeding the beast. Make a stand for your kids,Normally the "Problems" begin at home, I can't for a minute beleive that all the kid's on here with "problems" are actually that bad. The "System" tried that crap with my kid and I told them to kiss my ass and handled it myself, And he is one of the finest young men I know!

Backblast
07-15-08, 07:32 AM
These days I think there aren't that many poolees that haven't had some sort of head trouble in the past. Don't let it stop you from trying again. Be prepared to document your visit to the shrink and provide character references for reenlistment.

Give it another go if you really want it.

davblay
07-15-08, 08:19 AM

You fell thru the cracks Kim! See you look older than you are so they didn't know you were a kid!.............WERE YOU A KID, BTW????????????

Dave

davblay
07-15-08, 08:32 AM

The sad thing is that SOME kids need help, truly need help. But then there are others that are seen at the request of impatient parents and that STAYS ON THE KIDS RECORD for life!

All that HELP available in the 80s & 90s is coming back to haunt the kids of that day and time that did see a Shrink!:(

We can't UNDO the past, but GOD I hope we have learned from it! Drugs, even the prescribed ones, are not the answer to everything! :angel:

Not saying that some kids don't need it, but what we used to call HYERACTIVITY is now ADD or some crap like that! :scared:

Cpl Blaylock climbs down off of his soapbax!

Dave

davblay
07-15-08, 08:37 AM
These days I think there aren't that many poolees that haven't had some sort of head trouble in the past. Don't let it stop you from trying again. Be prepared to document your visit to the shrink and provide character references for reenlistment.

Give it another go if you really want it.

I concur! Go for it, what used to be "Common practice" is no longer accepted, or used, as treatment!

Good luck

Dave

jetdoc
07-15-08, 09:03 AM

I'm an example of someone who should've seen a shrink when I was a kid and it ain't pretty. My parents divorced when I was around 13 but I have no memory of a pleasant moment between the two.....so it can fvck up your head.

A shrink may have helped....maybe its not too late? lol

Backblast
07-15-08, 09:22 AM
I'm an example of someone who should've seen a shrink when I was a kid and it ain't pretty. My parents divorced when I was around 13 but I have no memory of a pleasant moment between the two.....so it can fvck up your head.

A shrink may have helped....maybe its not too late? lol

Probably not too late. I say rub some sand on your head and scream Semper Fi real loud. That usually cures my ailments.:flag:

slimmy07
07-15-08, 11:25 AM

DO NOT TELL MEPS, You need to tell your recruiter first. If you do NOT tell your recruiter it will be a waste of his and your time because NEPS will dis qualify you on the SPOT until yourself/and or the Reecruiter can get some MEd docs. If you just saw a doc, but were not given any Meds or counseling then your fine. If you do tell the recruiter all it will do is slow up the process of joining because they (MEPS) has to make sure of that. They will need medical documents and all this gets sent up for a MED review board and it can take awhile. Bottom line is DO NOT tell MEPS...TELL your RECRUITER first or his/her NCOIC.

sscjoe
07-15-08, 11:58 AM
I dunno Ron, doing that may swing you to the right and make a con outta you. LOL

Backblast
07-15-08, 04:21 PM
DO NOT TELL MEPS, You need to tell your recruiter first. If you do NOT tell your recruiter it will be a waste of his and your time because NEPS will dis qualify you on the SPOT until yourself/and or the Reecruiter can get some MEd docs. If you just saw a doc, but were not given any Meds or counseling then your fine. If you do tell the recruiter all it will do is slow up the process of joining because they (MEPS) has to make sure of that. They will need medical documents and all this gets sent up for a MED review board and it can take awhile. Bottom line is DO NOT tell MEPS...TELL your RECRUITER first or his/her NCOIC.

Solid advice.:flag:

Phantom Blooper
07-15-08, 04:42 PM
Partially right and wrong answer...If you tell your recruiter and he said to forget about it...you tell MEPS. Waiting for a waiver is better than waiting for a discharge for fraudulent...

slimmy07
07-15-08, 05:32 PM
No offense SSgt, but I was a recruiter for 3years and you doNOT go to MEPS unless you know for sure your going to get through the physical. If he tells MEPS he is wasting MEPS, Recruiters and his...

Phantom Blooper
07-16-08, 07:37 AM
I understand your answer and I respect that....but not always at least what I have been reading on this site since 02 is that the case.

We have a few examples of young men on this site that the recruiter told "Do Not Worry About It" and sent them for the physical/paperwork and they got to the depot and it busted them in the azz.

What I have been trying to project is if you have or think you have a legitimate problem and sometimes the problem is not wrote down because the recruiter was too busy,forgot or a number of other reasons to make sure that your concern is documented and if need be a waiver is applied for.

I realize ALL the ducks need to be in a row before sending to MEPS and I applaud the recruiter for the job that he/she does. But sometimes as evident from these young motivated kids on this site that the ball was dropped or the ball was sent to half court and told to leave it alone.....and we will worry about it later...and that time doesn't come because of human error,being overwhelmed,time constraints or again a number of other reasons......meaning a fraud enlistment or a dream never fulfilled because when the time for the poolee/recruit to re-enlist was allowed the time/paperwork changed.

Poolees I would heed the advice of the SGT.

But I feel I would be remiss if I did not say this....

I know that the recruiters hours are long and sometimes it is a thankless job. But make sure that before a package that is complete is completed with ALL the paperwork and documentation that is needed regardless of how trivial it may seem.If you have to wait for a waiver so be it...it will be the hurry up and wait experience you will need in the fleet.

It is a sad occasion when you hear of a motivated young man/woman that nothing more than to be a Marine and had to leave San Diego or the island because of a paperwork glitch.

slimmy07
07-16-08, 11:18 AM
I understand your answer and I respect that....but not always at least what I have been reading on this site since 02 is that the case.

We have a few examples of young men on this site that the recruiter told "Do Not Worry About It" and sent them for the physical/paperwork and they got to the depot and it busted them in the azz.

What I have been trying to project is if you have or think you have a legitimate problem and sometimes the problem is not wrote down because the recruiter was too busy,forgot or a number of other reasons to make sure that your concern is documented and if need be a waiver is applied for.

I realize ALL the ducks need to be in a row before sending to MEPS and I applaud the recruiter for the job that he/she does. But sometimes as evident from these young motivated kids on this site that the ball was dropped or the ball was sent to half court and told to leave it alone.....and we will worry about it later...and that time doesn't come because of human error,being overwhelmed,time constraints or again a number of other reasons......meaning a fraud enlistment or a dream never fulfilled because when the time for the poolee/recruit to re-enlist was allowed the time/paperwork changed.

Poolees I would heed the advice of the SGT.

But I feel I would be remiss if I did not say this....

I know that the recruiters hours are long and sometimes it is a thankless job. But make sure that before a package that is complete is completed with ALL the paperwork and documentation that is needed regardless of how trivial it may seem.If you have to wait for a waiver so be it...it will be the hurry up and wait experience you will need in the fleet.

It is a sad occasion when you hear of a motivated young man/woman that nothing more than to be a Marine and had to leave San Diego or the island because of a paperwork glitch.

Gents,
SSgt said it BEST on this post. Make sure everything in your package is good, and if you have to have a waiver do so.It might take a bit, but its better than getting sent home as the SSgt said. I was just trying to say its better to have the waiver started at the recruiting office than go to MEPS and get temporaily disqualified. One last piece of advice, if you feel rushed to join, take a step back and tell your recruiter that. Its ok to tell him/her that your feeling rushed and you would like the process to go a bit slower.

egbutler1
07-16-08, 11:23 AM
Man I got mental problems but **** its PTSD from war, not from getting picked on in high school lol. Buddy you don't need to be in the Corps you ditch out stay the hell out.

Sam331
07-16-08, 12:05 PM
It is possible to re-enlist, but it isn't easy. You will need proof that you have been doing something these past 6 months and not sitting around wasting your life away. I say that because it would help them knowing you've been keeping busy and committing to something. As for waivers you'll need two. You will need a BuMed (don't know how thats spelled) and you will need an Entry-Level Separation waiver. In order to get the BuMed waiver you need to speak to the doctor at MEPS and have him clear you for the BuMed waiver. After that, your recruiter has to send in that waiver, which should take a week to two weeks. Now if that gets accepted your recruiter will then have to send up an entry level separation waiver. Again that would take like 2 weeks, depends on how big your file is. If that waiver gets accepted, then you can go into MEPS and swear in and all that good stuff. By the way this is all first hand knowledge. For what ever reason you decided to give up during boot camp it doesn't matter. If someone wants to call you a pvssy or whatever, let them be immature about it. Guess it makes them feel better or more of a man. If you really want this, don't give up, the waivers can and will take a while, this isnt a fast process. Stay committed, during your entry process and while you are at boot. You know what it feels like to quit so don't let it happen again. Going in this time, you already know what you'r getting yourself into. The mental side shouldn't be as hard as it was the first time. Use your prior knowledge not only for yourself but for your fellow recruits. Motivate them and don't let them quit on themselves, you know how to feels so you can speak first hand on how it feels. I know I felt like **** once I got home. I regret it and at the same time don't. I met a lot of good friends over the time I've been home and learned a lot of lessons. But I still want to earn that title, so like you I'm working on getting my ass back on that Island, to show them I can do it.

Sam331
07-16-08, 12:12 PM
My SDI told me before I went to RSP that he wants to see me back on the island, that RSP wasn't the place for me, and that he holds me to a higher standard than those in RSP. That motivates me to this day.

ianmusto
07-16-08, 06:47 PM
It's funny how nobody had any "disorders" before the book on "disorders' was written

civilization survived thousands of years before some ass clown wrote a book, suck it up.

errr.

Boston35
07-22-08, 04:30 PM
I was looking on my DD214, My seperation Code is JDA1 and reentry code is RE-3P. I've read that I should get cleared by a civilian doctor, and have it documented. Also that if I do get denied, to speak to my congress man. Good idea?

Sam, My SDI also wanted me to go back to training.

Going by my codes, What needs to be done to get me back in the Marines?

Phantom Blooper
07-22-08, 05:16 PM
Which part of FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE don't you understand? READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING AGAIN!!!!!!:mad: