PDA

View Full Version : I don't think this is fair.

Bonzack
07-11-08, 08:53 PM
I just got PFC because I refered two friends who joined. I feel happy but I didn't earn it.

Can someone explain why I got promoted just for having 2 friends join?

Is it because they just want numbers or what?

But I feel like crap. Really. I didn't do anything. At all.

Phantom Blooper
07-11-08, 08:59 PM
It is the Marine Corps way....an incentive program. If you don't want it and it ruins your day and wallet....just go to the RSS and tell them you want to give it up! NOT!

You did earn it...not time and grade...but what the USMC asked you to do if you could and you did. So are you feeling sorry for yourself or biatching? The latter is a Marine Corps characteristic the first is not! So get get your head together and except the new policy!:evilgrin:

Marine84
07-11-08, 09:05 PM
Take it and feel good about it. You did earn it - you got 2 more people to sign up.

darkgreen0311
07-11-08, 09:41 PM
Stop being so modest.

:marine:Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

DGardner
07-11-08, 09:50 PM
You helped someone to take the first step into something huge... that doesn't deserve something?

Nate catlett
07-11-08, 10:17 PM
I did the same thing and you should feel awesome. You did something that gave you a chance at early promotion upon enlisting in the Corps. You shoudl be happy that after basic you will be atleast three months ahead of most of your peers. Get some more and you can make Lance Corporal and be that much closer to NCO.

SlingerDun
07-11-08, 10:32 PM
hhhmmmm what to do with that extra 162 dollars per month until you feel worthy of it?:beer::beer::beer:

rvillac2
07-11-08, 11:05 PM
If you think PFC is rank, you're in for a big surprise.

Bonzack
07-11-08, 11:30 PM
Ha. I'm not trying to ***** about it. I'm super excited, I just kind of wanted to earn it in recruit training or something. It really wasn't all that difficult to get 2 people to join. So I think thats why I don't see it as me earning it.

JoeInVille
07-11-08, 11:47 PM
No...it is difficult to get 2 people to join...ive been trying for 4 months so your LUCKY. I have referred 6-8 people and 2 even came in the office and 1 was going to go to MEPS but backed out. If it was easy for you, your lucky.

thewookie
07-12-08, 12:06 AM

nice

Adikt916
07-12-08, 12:28 AM
You did nothing? You recruited people, one of the hardest jobs in the Corps...

One of the biggest objectives right now is bumping up the number of people inside up to 202,000 by 2010?

Keep recruiting

:banana::banana::banana:

Now that you have a head start maybe you can come out of Boot a Lcpl ( lol )

Achped
07-12-08, 01:09 AM
lol I'd rather be a private in the fleet than a PFC or a lance. I wish I could go straight from Private to Cpl, even if that meant spending 2 years a private.

RLeon
07-12-08, 02:47 AM

:marine:

yellowwing
07-12-08, 03:00 AM
And this year's award for Drama Queen goes to Bonzack for her starring role in, "I Didn't Deserve it" directed by Ron Howard and Produced by Tom Hanks. :nerd:

Bonzack
07-12-08, 06:21 AM
And this year's award for Drama Queen goes to Bonzack for her starring role in, "I Didn't Deserve it" directed by Ron Howard and Produced by Tom Hanks. :nerd:

LOL.

sparkie
07-12-08, 07:40 AM
If you figure you didn't earn it, and don't deserve it, guess what? You got it, now grow into it.
Geez,,, Like changing diapers 'round here,,,,,,,,,

bgsuwoody
07-12-08, 01:45 PM
I just got PFC because I refered two friends who joined. I feel happy but I didn't earn it.

In six months when you start getting the extra money in your paycheck, and you find out there is no difference between a Private, a PFC, or a LCPL if they are all BOOT. You need to just put that out of your mind and know that you have earned it, but you'll need to prove yourself no matter the rank cause you will practically ever be called PFC...just boot

Fubar5812
07-12-08, 03:33 PM
god woody,i remember when you where a poolee,but now i can TASTE the salt comin off you :P lol

woody is right,its just PFC,it's not like you where given SGT. or something,you helped the marine corps by signing up two more potentional marines,so too thank you they give you a little stripe too put on your uniforms and an extra 50$ in your pocket! i would be happy if i was you,i don't get pfc until august and thats for time in service not recruiting.

bgsuwoody
07-12-08, 04:26 PM
Ha ha, I'm not really salty, just learning this job real quick. Seems to be working, but if I don't pretend to live in lala candyland, I'll get the job done and do what I got to do lol. It just seems that I am a big fan of the no bull****, "recruiter-less" answer when it comes to the Marine Corps. I love the job, but I just can't sugarcoat this ****

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-13-08, 12:11 AM
There is a difference between Pvt, PFC, and LCpl boots. The difference is in how close you are to not being the boot anymore- and of course how much you get paid.

It is true that a boot LCpl is going to be doing the same thing as a boot PFC. Seniority is as important as rank, and you all fall below the senior LCpls and of course the NCOs. But when you look at your pay, you see that it isn't bad to have a little more weight on your collar.

Whitey
07-13-08, 11:12 AM
PFC= Pointless Freaking Chevron or Perfect For Cleaning

jetdoc
07-13-08, 12:07 PM

:D Wing, you're being hard on the young lady, I almost :cry: too, however I did the same thing for PFC and felt pretty dang good about it.

jetdoc
07-13-08, 12:08 PM
PFC= Pointless Freaking Chevron or Perfect For Cleaning

Praying for Civilian, or Proud fvcking Civilian were two I remember.

slimmy07
07-13-08, 08:06 PM
Kid,
You did do something, Other than being in a fire fight, recruiting is the HARDEST job in the Marine Corps. You found two qualified individuals to enlist and that is no easy task. We do not just let anyone into the Marine Corps, if we did it would be the Army. Be proud of what you did, yet listen to these other Marines on this question because they are ALL right with their comments. Bottom line kid, go grab yourself a straw and suck it up!!!

CplKJSpevak
07-13-08, 08:24 PM

Dude, You'll be ahead for LCpl. and getting your time in grade for Cpl. I got one guy to join, recruiter hooked me up with the other, If I hadn't got out of Boot PFC, I may not have gotten to Cpl. Oh, thanks for reminding me of that so I'll buy the beers this week at the MCL meeting for Master Gunn's!:beer:

CplKJSpevak
07-13-08, 08:27 PM
lol I'd rather be a private in the fleet than a PFC or a lance. I wish I could go straight from Private to Cpl, even if that meant spending 2 years a private.

Really?? You walk around the Fleet a Private, then everyone know's you got CAUGHT screwing around!;)

Bonzack
07-13-08, 08:31 PM
Kid,
You did do something, Other than being in a fire fight, recruiting is the HARDEST job in the Marine Corps. You found two qualified individuals to enlist and that is no easy task. We do not just let anyone into the Marine Corps, if we did it would be the Army. Be proud of what you did, yet listen to these other Marines on this question because they are ALL right with their comments. Bottom line kid, go grab yourself a straw and suck it up!!!

Yes sir. Now to find a straw......te he he

bgsuwoody
07-13-08, 08:51 PM
Rank, until you hit CPL really doesn't have much except the pay and the chance at CPL faster. It is seniority that matters and where you've been. You will have senior PFCs and the like that are in...

slimmy07
07-13-08, 09:14 PM
Ha ha, I'm not really salty, just learning this job real quick. Seems to be working, but if I don't pretend to live in lala candyland, I'll get the job done and do what I got to do lol. It just seems that I am a big fan of the no bull****, "recruiter-less" answer when it comes to the Marine Corps. I love the job, but I just can't sugarcoat this ****

MOST recruiters are too. Do NOT assume stuff Marine. All the recruiters that I have ever worked with gave straight forward no bull**** answers. We are not the Army. We will be straight up ALL the time. Im was a recruiter from (2004-2007) and other than being in a fire fight it is the HARDEST job to do in the Corps.

introspect
07-13-08, 09:49 PM
Hey Bonzack, just a question. Down here, my recruiter told me that he worked with me because of my attitude and because he liked something about me (I am a female). He told me this when he was telling me about the referral thing. He was telling me how he didn't really want females, that he just liked my attitude, and that if I was going to help with the referral thing that I should be trying to focus on getting males.. Just wondering, did they tell you that too?

bgsuwoody
07-13-08, 10:42 PM
MOST recruiters are too. Do NOT assume stuff Marine. All the recruiters that I have ever worked with gave straight forward no bull**** answers. We are not the Army. We will be straight up ALL the time. Im was a recruiter from (2004-2007) and other than being in a fire fight it is the HARDEST job to do in the Corps.

I'm not saying it is not a hard job. Maybe because of the intensity of the job is the reason why on countless occassions I have seen cutting of corners and not giving straight answers. I have often had to go into recruiters with my friends to get what they needed. No one really explains that you can wait until the next fiscal year to get the jobs you want, but rather to get the numbers now, have them get a half assed open contract or my favorite "ground contract." Watching most recruiters spend countless minutes of their time bashing the other branches, rather than explaining why this one is the God Damn best there is out there...It sells itself.

It happens, going in fresh you dont know what to expect and therefore do not know what is real, what you can get, what is bull****, what things you can do, and how you can actually enjoy the 4 years in the Marine Corps. Maybe if more individuals got proper instruction on the job they wanted and less pressure towards taking their 2nd or 3rd or even farther down the list pick just so a recruiter can keep their 2 a month numbers and get those shinny little trophies, and K-BARS, and Boxing Gloves on the wall, (not to mention those NAM's and NCM's and oh did I mention the meritorious promotions) we may see that this Marine Corps retention rates would go through the roof.

You can't lie and tell me that you gave every recruit the whole story. I sure as hell didn't know what to expect from the infantry field, but ****, who can, especially when you have people behind the desk that do not know the jobs they are trying to sell, but rather filling quotas.

No offense to you but I don't need to ASSUME anything, its first hand experience from Marine to Marine, friend to friend, over and over...you can't tell me this isn't the reason for many peoples detest for recruiters.

Yeah, you get lied to. Well maybe you wont call it a lie, but not telling the whole truth or just making the paperwork easier. I wasn't going to get my job, until I said I was going to peace out of there and wait til it opened up. 30 minutes later and a phone call and hell, there's an infantry spot...and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

We might have integrity, but you can not stand there an tell me that you have been truthful ALL the time...cannot believe it, never once told a poolee to hide a medical condition, a trip to the counselors, drug use, etc. Human nature wont stand by you that you have been truthful all the time.

I respect everything you've done, but I've just seen another case of "recruiter talk" Nothing against you, I just have a thing for recruiters. Too many good people lied to...too many good people turned away. If you want some proof, check this site for countless times people have been screwed and lied to by a recruiter. You may be that one from many that is honest, but its not the norm...

thewookie
07-13-08, 10:56 PM
I'm not saying it is not a hard job. Maybe because of the intensity of the job is the reason why on countless occassions I have seen cutting of corners and not giving straight answers. I have often had to go into recruiters with my friends to get what they needed. No one really explains that you can wait until the next fiscal year to get the jobs you want, but rather to get the numbers now, have them get a half assed open contract or my favorite "ground contract." Watching most recruiters spend countless minutes of their time bashing the other branches, rather than explaining why this one is the God Damn best there is out there...It sells itself.

It happens, going in fresh you dont know what to expect and therefore do not know what is real, what you can get, what is bull****, what things you can do, and how you can actually enjoy the 4 years in the Marine Corps. Maybe if more individuals got proper instruction on the job they wanted and less pressure towards taking their 2nd or 3rd or even farther down the list pick just so a recruiter can keep their 2 a month numbers and get those shinny little trophies, and K-BARS, and Boxing Gloves on the wall, we may see that this Marine Corps retention rates would go through the roof.

You can't lie and tell me that you gave every recruit the whole story. I sure as hell didn't know what to expect from the infantry field, but ****, who can, especially when you have people behind the desk that do not know the jobs they are trying to sell, but rather filling quotas.

No offense to you but I don't need to ASSUME anything, its first hand experience from Marine to Marine, friend to friend, over and over...you can't tell me this isn't the reason for many peoples detest for recruiters.

Yeah, you get lied to. Well maybe you wont call it a lie, but not telling the whole truth or just making the paperwork easier. I wasn't going to get my job, until I said I was going to peace out of there and wait til it opened up. 30 minutes later and a phone call and hell, there's an infantry spot...and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

We might have integrity, but you can not stand there an tell me that you have been truthful ALL the time...cannot believe it, never once told a poolee to hide a medical condition, a trip to the counselors, drug use, etc. Human nature wont stand by you that you have been truthful all the time.

I respect everything you've done, but I've just seen another case of "recruiter talk" Nothing against you, I just have a thing for recruiters. Too many good people lied to...too many good people turned away. If you want some proof, check this site for countless times people have been screwed and lied to by a recruiter. You may be that one from many that is honest, but its not the norm...

Hey Marine, how about showing a Marine Sergeant some mutherfocking RESPECT and try throwing in his rank.

I really doubt that you would be going on some rant like that, in-person, with an active duty Marine Sergeant.

Not with me anyway....

Friggin boots with 10 days in the Corps think they know something, telling a Marine Sergeant who has already BEEN THERE and DONE THAT what the fock is up?

I see this a lot on this site,, boots talking crazy stuff, tell me this crap only happens online....

Man, I must be out of my mind....

bgsuwoody
07-13-08, 11:01 PM
Well I apologize Sgt. for the outburst, just a little personal grudge I guess. I stand down Sgt..

And I guess I'm sorry Sgt. for being boot too and I don't know anything, I'll just leave my advice to myself for now seeming as how being boot means it isn't helpful Sgt. Out.

thewookie
07-13-08, 11:05 PM
Well I apologize Sgt. for the outburst, just a little personal grudge I guess. I stand down Sgt..

And I guess I'm sorry Sgt. for being boot too and I don't know anything, I'll just leave my advice to myself for now seeming as how being boot means it isn't helpful Sgt. Out.

Smart azz.

Sally
07-14-08, 01:42 AM
**** I wish I could recruit people when I had the chance too, but y'all could try recruiting in Madison, Wisconsin, second most liberal city in the states.

Achped
07-14-08, 02:29 AM

Sgt I explicitely remember my recruiter telling me the weather when I was going to be at Parris Island was beautiful, warm with cool breezes and low humidity...

I went there in June July and August

Bonzack
07-14-08, 10:21 AM
Hey Bonzack, just a question. Down here, my recruiter told me that he worked with me because of my attitude and because he liked something about me (I am a female). He told me this when he was telling me about the referral thing. He was telling me how he didn't really want females, that he just liked my attitude, and that if I was going to help with the referral thing that I should be trying to focus on getting males.. Just wondering, did they tell you that too?

They told me that they wanted a couple more females...but I'm not that girl that hangs out with girls a lot. I hang out with guys almost everyday..and all the girls I did talk to already had their **** together.

byoung54
07-14-08, 11:32 AM
PFC is an AWESOME rank! so Awesome i had it for almost 2 years ahahahaha... got non rank 2x for being a dumb ass. Shiet I earned it.

Eh could've been a 4 year SGT.

AL49BGN
07-14-08, 11:48 AM

Sounds like you have some issues.You need to show respect toward your NCOS and SNCOS,they have earned it.Lighten up or you will have a horrible stay in our beloved Corps.

AL49BGN
07-14-08, 11:49 AM
Bonzack,you earned your PFC.Congratulations!

yellowwing
07-14-08, 11:52 AM
Bonzack,you earned your PFC.Congratulations!
A good ending for this chapter of the story! :thumbup: