PDA

View Full Version : Missing soldier married to CLNC Marine...

Phantom Blooper
07-11-08, 07:50 PM
Missing soldier married to Camp Lejeune Marine <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
July 11, 2008 - 6:44PM <br />
<br />
<br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Fayetteville authorities were aboard Camp Lejeune this week questioning the Marine husband...

Bruce59
07-13-08, 08:40 PM
Think I'll hold judgment on this one. He came to court and she never showed up, so I can't say her temporary restraining order is the hole truth or not.

Bruce
http://wallofhonor.bravehost.com

Idena
07-13-08, 10:04 PM
I'm friends with her sister-in-law (her brother is also an active-duty Marine), & they (the family) are hoping that she's gone missing in an attempt to hide from her husband rather than that something bad has befallen her ... I think that's the most optimistic thought they can cling to right now. I know a biased side of the story from Holley's SIL, but I definitely know that family needs all the prayers they can get.

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 04:37 AM
Body found in shallow grave may be missing soldier

Comments 2 (http://www.jdnews.com/news/ferry_58115___article.html/sheriff_human.html#slComments) | Recommend (javascript:recommendReview('Articlejdn58115'))18

July 13, 2008 - 7:41PM
LINDELL KAY AND JENNIFER HLAD (lkay@freedomenc.com)
DAILY NEWS STAFF
<!-- Video goes here -->The district attorney for Onslow County strongly suspects the charred remains of a female found Sunday evening buried in a shallow grave in the Sneads Ferry area are those of a missing Fort Bragg soldier.
"Because of the evidence discovered at the scene, I have strong suspicions that the body found belongs to Holley Wimunc," Dewey Hudson, district attorney for the 4th Prosecutorial District, told The Daily News.
Division of Forest Resources personnel discovered the burned female remains Sunday when they responded to a fire about a mile down a dirt road off Old Folkstone Road. Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said the fire appeared to have been set in an effort to cover up the crime.
Two sources close to the investigation told The Daily News that investigators found bladed weapons with the body and that the body had been mutilated.
2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc was declared missing Thursday after a fire was set at her apartment in Fayetteville. She is married to Camp Lejeune Marine Cpl. John Patrick Wimunc. The couple is going through a divorce.
Fayetteville authorities were at Camp Lejeune late last week questioning Cpl. Wimunc, but Marine and civilian officials, as well as Cpl. Wimunc's family, said he has not been named a suspect in her disappearance.
Sunday, the Onslow County Sheriff's Department and Naval Criminal Investigative Services investigators spent hours at the scene near the Chadwick Shores community.
Brown would not say why NCIS is involved in the investigation, nor would he comment on whether the victim was Wimunc.
"I cannot comment on that tonight," Brown said.
The first reports of the fire Sunday came in about 5:30 p.m. and parts of the fire were still smoldering at 10 p.m., Forest Resources officials said.
Authorities released few details Sunday evening, but Brown said more information would be available today.
"The crime scene, which is in the county's jurisdiction, will be guarded by law enforcement overnight, and forensic experts with the FBI will be here in the morning to meticulously remove the remains," Brown said.

Contact Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com (lkay@freedomenc.com) or 910-219-8452. Read Lindell's blog at http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com (http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/).

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 07:58 AM
Wimunc charged <br />
<br />
<br />
Lejeune Marine being held in Cumberland County under $500,000 bond <br />
<br />
<br />
July 14, 2008 - 8:54AM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
<br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Camp Lejeune Marine Cpl. John Wimunc...

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 05:52 PM
Information released from Sheriff on charred human remains

Authorities believe body could be that of Fort Bragg soldier

July 14, 2008 - 10:10AM

<!-- Video goes here -->The Onslow County Sheriff's Department released a statement to the media just moments ago regarding the charred remains of what is believed to be the body of a missing Fort Bragg soldier.
"At approximately 5:14 P.M. on Sunday afternoon, July 13, 2008, the Onslow County EOC Center received a call from a citizen in Sneads Ferry reporting he had found the charred remains of a human body off Old Folkstone Road.
Deputies, Investigators, and CSI Investigators of the Onslow County Sheriff's Office responded to a desolate location about 1.5 miles back in the woods off Old Foldstone Road. Deputies and Investigative Personnel had to be transported to the location where the remains were by the Sneads Ferry Fire Chief in his 4-wheel drive vehicle due to the untraveled conditions of the road from the main road to the location.
Once arriving at the location and viewing the scene and remains, it immediately became a flashback account of the Maria Lauderbach murder of January 11th of this year.<SUP> </SUP>
Paraphernalia around the charred remains gave investigators strong suspicions this was the missing Army Lieutenant female missing from Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Because of this strong suspicion, NCIS, the Fayetteville Police Department, and the State SBI were contacted and summoned to the scene. It being very late and night closing in, Investigators decided to secure the scene and place a guard until daylight Monday morning, July 14, 2008.
After the scene was secured, Sheriff Brown, along with two Investigators of the Fayetteville Police Department, went to the brother's home of the suspected victim. Also at that home were the suspected victim's father and a cousin. While there had yet to be a positive identification of the charred human remains, it was decided to inform family members as to prevent them from being shocked by any media report that might indicate otherwise.
After leaving the home of the possible victim's brother, the two Fayetteville Police Department Investigators went to the Office of NCIS aboard Camp Lejeune.
This morning the exhumation of the remains began and the procedure will likely take most of the day."

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 05:53 PM
Two Marines in custody, charged with arson <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
July 14, 2008 - 10:40AM <br />
Staff reports <br />
<br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;Lance Cpl. Kyle Ryan Alden and Cpl. John Wimunc are in the custody of the...

Big Jim
07-14-08, 06:20 PM
Geezus...what The Hell Is Happening Here?! What Ever Happened To Just Going Separate Ways If It Doesn't Work Out? I Dunno Brothers...somethings Coming Across Wrong Here And It Doesn't Smell Too Good..

hrscowboy
07-14-08, 09:19 PM
I wanna know how an officer and enlisted got together and the higher ups didnt catch it.. back in our day your arse would be mud being with an Officer.. I guess the UCMJ aint crap anymore..

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 09:30 PM
Gilmore said that Holley Wimunc was not a commissioned officer when the couple was married.

:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
07-14-08, 09:44 PM
Marine charged with first-degree murder <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
July 14, 2008 - 3:17PM <br />
Staff reports <br />
<br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;The husband of a missing Fort Bragg soldier has been charged with first-degree...

Phantom Blooper
07-16-08, 10:28 PM
Accessory suspect has previous assault charge <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
July 16, 2008 - 7:43PM <br />
LINDELL KAY <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;A Camp Lejeune Marine charged in connection with the death of...