PDA

View Full Version : Listen Up,,,,,,,,,

sparkie
07-11-08, 06:03 PM
All you poolees, wanna-losers, And non hackers.......

My dear son is a wanna-be, so I set up a PFT schedule for him.
I told him in this heat, he doesn't have to pack water, just drink 1 16oz glass 20 min before the 3 mile. It will hold you over.
So what does he do??? Drinks abt 5 glasses and starts running. Made it abt 1/2 mile and started puking. His time was 28 mins, but at least he finished.
My point is,,,,Listen. We may be older than most trees, but we know a FEW things. You want advice here? Be ready to take that advice.
Keep your ear flaps open, and engage your "Grey Matter'. :iwo:
You are not like us,,,, you don't have to learn the hard way.

Parks
07-11-08, 06:20 PM
You are not like us,,,, you don't have to learn the hard way.

We'd never have any good stories to tell if we listened to you all the time.

;)

sparkie
07-11-08, 06:23 PM
WTF???? Could you explain that? Did your grammar miss the mark, or what?

Marine84
07-11-08, 06:39 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha!

sparkie
07-11-08, 06:40 PM
My best guess is you were respectful, and you like our stories. It just didn't type out that way.
If that ain't the case,,,,,,,, Stand by. I ain't always the Friggin nice guy.

84,,,, stand down,,,, I sure as he!! got this one, Love.

Marine84
07-11-08, 06:43 PM
I know you do Brother, that's why I'm laughing at her.

Big Jim
07-11-08, 06:56 PM

;)

DAM...YOU GOTTA ADMIRE HER BRAVERY...OR IS IT BLIND STUPIDITY...I CAN'T TELL...DO YOU THINK SHE KNOWS THE POSSIBLE OUTCOME OF HER IMMEDIATE FUTURE IF SHE DOES THIS TO A DRILL INSTRUCTOR...?? IN ALL HONESTY...I REALLY DON'T THINK SO...

:evilgrin:

sparkie
07-11-08, 07:07 PM
Lets just wait a bit. I think she is [' or may be' ] ok.
Anyway, I posted 'bout my son,,,,, Any comments???.

Big Jim
07-11-08, 07:11 PM
Lets just wait a bit. I think she is [' or may be' ] ok.
Anyway, I posted 'bout my son,,,,, Any comments???.

YEAH BRO...SORRY...YOUR BOY IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AS A DAD MAN...HE SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO YOU BETTER...MAYBE THIS WAS THE WAKE UP CALL HE NEEDED TO UNDERSTAND DAD KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKIN ABOUT...WHO KNEW OL' POP WAS RIGHT..?! THAT IS FUNNY THOUGH...SPARKIE...GET THE BOY'S ATTENTION AND SHOW HIM A THING OR TWO...BOOT WILL BE A LOT EASIER ON HIM THAN IT WAS FOR US...

sparkie
07-11-08, 07:15 PM
YEAH BRO...SORRY...YOUR BOY IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AS A DAD MAN...HE SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO YOU BETTER...MAYBE THIS WAS THE WAKE UP CALL HE NEEDED TO UNDERSTAND DAD KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKIN ABOUT...WHO KNEW OL' POP WAS RIGHT..?! THAT IS FUNNY THOUGH...SPARKIE...GET THE BOY'S ATTENTION AND SHOW HIM A THING OR TWO...BOOT WILL BE A LOT EASIER ON HIM THAN IT WAS FOR US...
Boot will be easier than I am. But I'm missing buddies, so what do you exoect??

Phantom Blooper
07-11-08, 08:22 PM

;)

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something."

- Plato

Marine84
07-11-08, 08:24 PM
Sparkie that's why you're around to try to teach him that you really do know some stuff - that's the best thing you can hope for is that he learns from this mistake and does it right the next time. Tell him there will be 72 virgins at the end for him or some $h!t - LOL!

Phantom Blooper
07-11-08, 08:47 PM
The boy will learn Sparkie! Think back to the younger you!

We learn by trial and error....he seen the error of his way...by not listening to you. So hopefully when he runs again in that Nevada heat he will listen to Old Man!:beer:

rvillac2
07-11-08, 11:07 PM
older than most trees...heh heh ..love that.

Parks
07-11-08, 11:11 PM
WTF???? Could you explain that? Did your grammar miss the mark, or what?

I apologize if it came across wrong, but I'm only trying to have a little fun. I like to think most of the people on Leatherneck know me well enough to know I'm not some smartass little wannabe. I just like to lighten things up every once in a while. It gets a bit tense around here sometimes.

yellowwing
07-12-08, 03:05 AM
That kind of attitude will get a sly smirk from her Drill Instructors followed by 45 minutes in The Pit. :evil:

sparkie
07-12-08, 07:26 AM
I apologize if it came across wrong, but I'm only trying to have a little fun. I like to think most of the people on Leatherneck know me well enough to know I'm not some smartass little wannabe. I just like to lighten things up every once in a while. It gets a bit tense around here sometimes.
We all try to have a little fun 'round here.
Your's was the first response to what I thought was a serious post, and it caught me off guard.
I'll lighten up:evilgrin:

Drewster
07-12-08, 07:55 PM
Since this was started on drinking water i'm guessing this is an ok place to ask this. I asked my recruiter how much water I should drink a day, everytime he keeps saying to keep my p*** clear. Well, I was just curious exactly how much should I drink. I drank so much last night I thought I was about to throw it all back up. Anyways, I have a military canteen my dad gave me and I drink about 5 full canteens before I run with my recruiter at 6 pm, but I make sure that I stop atleast by 4 pm. Is that enough? If it helps, I'm in SC so it is very hot down here...only like 3 hours, if that, from Parris Island.

SGT7477
07-12-08, 08:25 PM

Only the strong survive.:evilgrin:

SGT7477
07-12-08, 08:27 PM
Since this was started on drinking water i'm guessing this is an ok place to ask this. I asked my recruiter how much water I should drink a day, everytime he keeps saying to keep my p*** clear. Well, I was just curious exactly how much should I drink. I drank so much last night I thought I was about to throw it all back up. Anyways, I have a military canteen my dad gave me and I drink about 5 full canteens before I run with my recruiter at 6 pm, but I make sure that I stop atleast by 4 pm. Is that enough? If it helps, I'm in SC so it is very hot down here...only like 3 hours, if that, from Parris Island.

At least half your body weight in ounces.:flag:

Whitey
07-12-08, 08:29 PM
I think the amount of water is dependent on the person to. I really can't have anything in my stomach before I run or I puke. Happened the other day actually. woke up with a dry mouth and drank some water before our formation run. Ended up puking my guts out halfway through and it was all bile.

BLECH

sparkie
07-12-08, 08:41 PM
5 canteens o water? good thing you are watin 2 hours before running. Or you would puke your toes up. You think you need all that? You a camel?
In Oki I would do 3 handball matches every saturday, And "Fact" loose 14 lbs water weight. Went and drank it back in the Ville. I ain't dead. Space your water out, drink when you're thirsty. As far as peein clear, try it. Enough beer, you pee clear.
Some o you fellas worry too damm much. Go Ask Ophra.
My 3 mile was a couple of clicks above 16, and I didn't worry about water.

Drewster
07-12-08, 09:13 PM
haha, well i though i always heard that 6 canteens a day was suppose to be a good amount. Thank you for the advice.

Fubar5812
07-12-08, 09:26 PM
6?! yea freakin right!!

idk bout san diego,im sure the same but at parris island you'll be drinking between 12-15 canteens a DAY!! they have these "urine analysis charts" above the ****ers,with a color chart saying if its this color,drink this much water over/hour or if its clear,thats a good thing.the more yellow,the more dehydrated you are.

also don't be the dumbass who drinks like 20 canteens a day! you can get hyponutrimia (too much water,also known as water toxicification) you can also seize up and possibly die from this as well.just keep ur **** clear,and you wanna hydrate BEFORE you get thirsty,not wait until your thirsty.

sparkie
07-12-08, 09:54 PM
omg,,,,,, Computerized Pizzin...... You boys are gonna kill yerselves with worry.

Nate catlett
07-12-08, 10:18 PM
Sorry that i'm off topic but it is close. I have a problem with what I should eat before I run. You see I run in the mornings because I was told that running in the morning will get you metabolism going and you burn more calories throughout the day. Anyways I usually eat a very small breakfast about 30 minutes before running sometimes longer, but when I get to running I can still feel it and when I get done I feel like I am going to throw my guts up unless I sit down and cool off. So I tried not eating a breakfast then I did throw up but there was nothing but bile and it sucked. Any advice from an experienced runner?

sparkie
07-12-08, 10:24 PM
2 Hours,,,,,,,

SlingerDun
07-12-08, 10:42 PM
I usually eat a very small breakfast about 30 minutes before running sometimes longer, but when I get to running I can still feel it and when I get done I feel like I am going to throw my guts1/2 hour is marginal, you may have to get up earlierhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gifwait longer and digest. i eat about 1 or 1 and 1/2 hours before i get to working. I don't run, but sweat and grunt and that aint no fun on a half digested feed. when i break for lunch the metabolism is up and running so i don't need to wait as long on the same amount of feed, yeah thats it

SlingerDun
07-12-08, 10:59 PM
i vaguely recall watching a marathon runners breakfast before race day video during the 76' Olympics...it was a substantial large carb meal 2 hours before the race with the likes of waffles, toast, potatoes including about 4 eggs and 2 cans of Coca~Cola hehe no sh*t, world class athletes were drinking Coke before Mike and Gatorade