PDA

View Full Version : Ever Noticed

davblay
07-11-08, 09:54 AM
When a Wannabee joins the site he is full of piz and vinegar and all kinds of questions, they are starved for information, it seems.

Then they go to MEPS..... then they become experts on almost any subject anyone ask. They spend a whole day at MEPS and everheard all kinds of things that they remember completely and they start out with the reply like "while I was at MEPS I heard....."

Then they attend a few poolee functions and they really become recruiting experts because they over heard parts of interviews the recruiters are having with prospects. Now that makes them fully qualified to recruit Marines! They start thier replies like...."My recruiter said, or I overheard my recruiter tell so an so...."!

To make my point Poolees/wannbes, there are two jobs in the Marine Corps that is the hardest job in the Corps! The reruiters are seleted, and schooled, on the fine art of disqualifying you, that's right disqualifying you. MEPS's job is to make sure the recuiter has done his job and they will also try to disqulify you! Everyone sees a Recruiter and sees a Marine wearing his Alpha or Blues, and think, "man he's got it made"! Well walk a mile in his shoes fellows, walk a mile in his shoes! Everything you tell him about your past is recorded and he must folllow thru to make sure all is as you say. If so then fine, but if not then that creates a litte, more work for him to do to get the waivers you need to go to MEPS.

Once you get to MEPS and you remember something that you forgot to tell the recruiter they contact your recruiter, then he must get that squared away ASAP to keep form having you stay another night at MEPS. Sometimes they will allow you to swear into DEP with the understanding that your recruiter will get you squared away before you can ship!

The second hardest Job in the Corps is the Drill Instructor. That's right the ones wearing the smokey Bear hats. He has 13 weeks to take 75 Civillians and turn them into well basic trained Marines! They have to take your life, as you have known it, and throw it out the window and teach you everything the Corps way! Think that's easy, try it sometimes, and some of you will I am sure!

To the Poolees/wannabees on this site, if you have questions pertaining to recruit training or the Corps in general, ask away. One of us qualified Marines will give you the answer you need, may not always be the one you want, but it will be the correct anwer! Like it or not! We are here to help you, we have every MOS you can think of, just about, on the site that can help you!

In closing, to all you expert poolees/wnnabees/friends. think befoe you answer a question will ya, things are hard enought on the poolees without making it worse.

Semer Fi,

Dave

SlaveToTheCorps
07-11-08, 10:10 AM
Aye, Corporal!

danieljogbn
07-11-08, 11:13 AM
Way to go Corporal.

ForeverChanged
07-11-08, 12:01 PM
Couldn't agree more Corporal, I just keep my mouth shut, ears and eyes open!

darkgreen0311
07-11-08, 12:06 PM
Well said brother.

:marine: Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

bgsuwoody
07-11-08, 12:07 PM
Rah

Jdncowboy
07-11-08, 01:31 PM
Kill!

UsmcMotorT
07-11-08, 02:18 PM
OOrah Chow!