PDA

View Full Version : True American Justice???

sscjoe
07-10-08, 09:10 AM
&lt;TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0&gt;&lt;TBODY&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD vAlign=top&gt; <br />
<br />
For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself...

yellowwing
07-10-08, 09:23 AM
Hoaxes all, but still there are many lawsuits out there that are almost as bad. The odd thing is that in 'Wrongful' suits the defendant has to prove themselves Innocent.

sscjoe
07-10-08, 10:08 AM
Agree, Wing. I just posted these to show an extreme example of the kinds of suits that the civil courts waste their time with.

FistFu68
07-10-08, 10:57 AM
:evilgrin: GREAT POST,WITH A COMBINATION OF ALL OF THESE;I'VE COME UP WITH A SURE $ MAKER.LOANS WILL BE AVAILABLE TOO MY MARINE FRIENDS FOR A VERY LOW INTEREST RATE,SOME HIGHER THAN OTHERS?:D :iwo:

usmchauer
07-10-08, 11:03 AM
http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp

Thank God!

Big Jim
07-10-08, 11:28 AM
:evilgrin: YEAH ITS AMAZING WHAT KIND OF FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS MAKE IT INTO COURT THE TAXPAYERS HAVE TO FOOT THE BILLS FOR...THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER LAW IF YOUR TAKE A LAWSUIT TO COURT...IF ITS FOUND TO BE FRIVOLOUS...THE PERSON TAKING THE LAWSUIT TO COURT SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND ALL COURT COSTS AND ATTORNEY FEES AND LOST WAGES...I WORK IN OHIO'S PRISON SYSTEM AND I SEE CRAP LIKE THIS EVERYDAY...FROM CONVICTED FELONS NO LESS!! 99.999 % OF THESE CASES ARE DEEMED FRIVOLOUS WITHOUT ANY SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE OR WARRANT...WHO PAYS FOR THESE...WE DO...PEOPLE WHO PAY TAXES AND FOLLOW THE RULES AND OBEY THE LAWS...THAT JUST PIZZES ME OFF...TAXES GO UP BECAUSE OF THIS...HMPH...!!!!

:thumbdown:devious:

yellowwing
07-10-08, 10:43 PM
Agree, Wing. I just posted these to show an extreme example of the kinds of suits that the civil courts waste their time with.
Perfect example: :devious:

Man sues Tennessee church for $2.5 million over spiritual fall
By The Associated Press (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080710/koddities/oddity_felled_by_spirit)
Thu Jul 10, 2:35 PM

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A man in Knoxville, Tenn., says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay US$2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Matt Lincoln says he is suing after the church's insurance company denied his claim for medical bills.

The 57-year-old has had two surgeries since the June 2007 injury, but still feels pain in his back and legs.

He says he was asking God to have "a real experience" while praying.

Lawyers for the church say he failed to look out for his own safety, and other congregants even saw him on the floor laughing after his fall