PDA

View Full Version : Ship date delayed for second time.

mattlw201
07-09-08, 06:57 PM
My ship date has been officially delayed for the second time. The first time was because I got my girlfriend pregnant. I was happy for that one. Now it has been delayed again because my second shipdate was full. I am supposed to leave on September 22 now. I am really bummed about this one. I was ready to go next month on the 18th.

Big Jim
07-09-08, 07:18 PM
My ship date has been officially delayed for the second time. The first time was because I got my girlfriend pregnant. I was happy for that one. Now it has been delayed again because my second shipdate was full. I am supposed to leave on September 22 now. I am really bummed about this one. I was ready to go next month on the 18th.

BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A SHIP DATE AT ALL AND WHAT IS THERE TO BE BUMMED ABOUT?!?! UTIIZE THIS TIME TO DO SOMETHING POSTIVE LIKE TRAIN HARDER AND MAKE SURE ALL I'S AND T'S ARE DOTTED AND CROSSED....THINK....THINK...!!!

mattlw201
07-09-08, 07:38 PM
BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A SHIP DATE AT ALL AND WHAT IS THERE TO BE BUMMED ABOUT?!?! UTIIZE THIS TIME TO DO SOMETHING POSTIVE LIKE TRAIN HARDER AND MAKE SURE ALL I'S AND T'S ARE DOTTED AND CROSSED....THINK....THINK...!!!

Yes Sergeant.

danieljogbn
07-09-08, 07:54 PM
Yours too? Poolees who are supposed to leave in July/Aug/Sep might get pushed back to October depending on their enlistment date. I hope I don't get delayed.

-Poolee Jo

darkgreen0311
07-09-08, 08:20 PM
Like my brother Big Jim said use the time to prepare physically and to learn the Marine Corps rank structure, and to learn your general orders. Use this time to square your s**t away.

:marine:Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Lupisella
07-09-08, 10:34 PM
My shipdate was August 11th and got bumped up to July 16th

McSweeney
07-10-08, 12:28 AM
i hope my ship date doesn't get delayed i've had july 28th forever and i am ready to go

danieljogbn
07-10-08, 01:03 AM
Same here. I've been ready for a long time. My SNOIC told us that he will let us know tomorrow, so I'm hoping that he will bring some good news.

Nate catlett
07-10-08, 01:27 PM
man I was set to ship on august 18th I wouldn't mind too much getting a later ship date, but I can't have a sooner ship date. I really hope I dont get pushed back, but I have had that date since february so I should be good.

Big Jim
07-10-08, 01:34 PM
Same here. I've been ready for a long time. My SNOIC told us that he will let us know tomorrow, so I'm hoping that he will bring some good news.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Shipdate: 20080728 MCRD San Diego

MOS: :flag: 03xx Security Forces :flag:

man I was set to ship on august 18th I wouldn't mind too much getting a later ship date, but I can't have a sooner ship date. I really hope I dont get pushed back, but I have had that date since february so I should be good.

YOU BOYS REALLY AND HONESTLY THINK YOU'RE READY HUH? HOW IS EITHER ONE OF YOUR RUN TIMES?! CAN YOU BOTH DO 20 PULL-UPS OR 80 CRUNCHES IN 2 MINUTES? YOU BOTH HAVE 300 PFT'S AS WE SPEAK AND THERE'S NO MORE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT AND YOU BOTH HAVE ALL THE MARINE CORPS KNOWLEDGE ALL DOWN RIGHT? YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND WHEN TO EXPECT IT RIGHT? THERE IS SO LITTLE TIME THAT ANY FRIKKIN BOY, OR GIRL, HAS TO BE EVEN MILDY READY FOR WHATS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU...YOU KIDS HAVE NO FRIKKIN CLUE AT ALL!!

HERE'S A HINT..GET A CLUE...QUIT YOUR FRIKKIN WHINING AND USE THIS TIME TO DO EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE READY FOR WHATS COMING...CAUSE, BELIEVE YOU ME, YOU'RE GONNA NEED EVERY OUNCE OF PREPARATION YOU HAVE DONE TO HELP YOU...LAYING BACK AND WISHING SOMETHING WAS ALREADY HERE DOES NOTHING FOR YOU OR THE SITUATION...DON'T FALL INTO THAT HABIT...MAKE USE OF YOUR DOWN TIME...!!

danieljogbn
07-10-08, 01:57 PM
I can do 20 pull ups/104 sit up in 2 min, and my run time isn't that good; it's 10 min 50 sec for 1.5 mile run. I got the 11 general orders/rank structures down. Also, I've been working hard to improve my run time haha. I was just so psyched about leaving in July but I don't mind my ship date getting pushed back.

Big Jim
07-10-08, 02:13 PM
I can do 20 pull ups/104 sit up in 2 min, and my run time isn't that good; it's 10 min 50 sec for 1.5 mile run. I got the 11 general orders/rank structures down. Also, I've been working hard to improve my run time haha. I was just so psyched about leaving in July but I don't mind my ship date getting pushed back.

YOU CAN'T RUN 3 MILES AT ALL? YOU KNOW THATS PART OF THE PFT, RIGHT?

danieljogbn
07-10-08, 02:18 PM
Oh, been running 3 mile every other day, then I had to stop for a few days due to shin splints but I'm getting back on the track. My best 3 mile time is 22 min 20 sec. I know I still have a lot to learn, and that's what I'm doing :)

-Poolee Jo

DGardner
07-10-08, 05:58 PM
I was delayed too... I eventually got there... don't worry about it. Just gives you more time to learn and build muscle.

bgsuwoody
07-11-08, 07:51 AM
God Its just funny to see that this was me just about a year ago. I had no idea what to expect and many would say here I was damn squared away. ****. You will never have enough time to get ready for anything in this gun club. You just never will. Thats why the best in the Marine Corps get promoted, because they work on the fly and do a damn good job. Use the time and spend it with your family. Get what you can of your life in order, cause you wont have much time to do it later. Good luck, I'm not sure if you know what you're in for

darkgreen0311
07-11-08, 08:19 AM
I tell you poolees this, there are alot of poolees who think they are ready and drop or quit. Marine Corps boot camp is no joke. There are alot of guys who think they're motivated and are non-hackers......don't be that guy.

I knew a guy who went to boot camp 2years before i did and he was always talking about the Marine Corps dress blues and he was going to be a Marine and couldn't wait to get there. He goes off to boot camp i see him about a month later. I asked him what happened, he says he refused to train.

I'm sure there have been poolees that were on this site and went off to boot camp and you never heard from them again......You know why? They probably quit. Stop crying about dates being pushed back. Just use this time to prepare you for what's coming. This is not to scare any poolee these are just facts.

:marine:Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

SlaveToTheCorps
07-11-08, 08:36 AM
Look, man...I know that you think you are ready, but I've been there and guess what, I'm not now. Don't be that guy who complains about being pushed back, be thankful you can go & that you will be a Marine if you finish boot. Plus, no offense, but it seems your f**k-up initially changed your ship date, so in essence you being delayed even further out is your own fault. For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction…this is that stuff your recruiter probably told you about ‘manning-up’ & how the Marine Corps won’t wait for you…Either way, does whining about it, get you to ship sooner? Trust me, there's always something more you can do before you ship. Take it at face value & enjoy your few more weeks of being a civilian!