PDA

View Full Version : More sex means less chance of ED for older men

jetdawgg
07-08-08, 11:35 AM
http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/Kaye_David1.jpeg

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - There's new advice for older men who want to preserve their sexual function: have sex, and have it often, researchers say. In a study that followed nearly 1,000 older Finnish men for five years, researchers found that those who were regularly having sex at the start of the study were at lower risk of developing erectile dysfunction (ED) by the study's end.

In fact, the more often the men had sex, the lower their ED risk.

The implication, say the researchers, is that men should be encouraged to stay sexually active into their golden years. Dr. Juha Koskimaki and colleagues at the University of Tampere in Finland report the findings in the American Journal of Medicine. The study included 989 men who were between the ages of 55 and 75 at the outset.

Overall, those who said they had sex less than once per week were twice as likely to develop ED over the next five years as men who had sex at least once a week. Furthermore, compared with men who had sex three or more times per week, their ED risk was increased nearly four-fold.

A number of factors contribute to ED development, many of which could also affect a man's sexually activity -- such as age, diabetes and heart disease. However, after taking account of those factors, sexual activity itself remained linked to ED risk, Koskimaki's team found.

It may be a matter of "use it or lose it," according to the researchers. Just as exercise boosts physical fitness, they note, regular sexual activity may help a man preserve his erectile function. ED occurs when there are problems with blood flow to the penis. Regular sexual activity, Koskimaki's team writes, may help maintain healthy blood vessel function in the erectile tissue.

SOURCE: American Journal of Medicine, July 2008.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=389&topic_id=3579377

Backblast
07-08-08, 11:39 AM
Nice...I will keep up my horizontal PT schedule.

sscjoe
07-08-08, 12:17 PM
Does Rosie and her 5 sisters count?

Backblast
07-08-08, 02:01 PM
Does Rosie and her 5 sisters count?

I would think so. If that is the case I am definitely covered on all fronts.

sparkie
07-08-08, 06:17 PM
The number one defence against prostate cancer,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm in.

{more advice from 'Dr. Sparkie'}.

jetdawgg
07-08-08, 06:28 PM
Uh oh, there goes that Pfizer stock:D

jetdoc
07-08-08, 06:37 PM
I'm with Joe, does spanking the monkey count? I mean lets say 2 or 3 times with the wife and 3 times you're choking the chicken, is that enough per week to ward off this ED business? :cool:

sparkie
07-08-08, 06:58 PM
Doc,,,, Do your best.

JDHERNANDEZ
07-08-08, 07:26 PM
lmao so this is truly proven? :))

Osotogary
07-08-08, 07:49 PM
I didn't know she had five sisters. Was I missing out? LMAO

sparkie
07-08-08, 08:14 PM
I didn't know she had five sisters. Was I missing out? LMAO
Get a Grip.:beer:

Osotogary
07-08-08, 08:49 PM
Choking the chicken, slapping the monkey? You're going to need proper attire.

Marine84
07-08-08, 09:06 PM
Didn't your Mama's ever tell you practice makes perfect? Some of you are just wishing you were getting in all that practicing - LOL!

Osotogary
07-08-08, 09:35 PM
Some of you are just wishing you were getting in all that practicing - LOL!

Marine84,
I don't have a good comeback for what you said, afterall I spent a whole lot of time drawing these cartoons and reading all the posts. You might say that I'm using up alot of my practice time. LOL

Phantom Blooper
07-08-08, 09:44 PM
"I'm your penis,I'm your penis!" "I'm your desire!"

If it still fits wear it out!

:evilgrin:

jetdoc
07-09-08, 12:09 AM
Choking the chicken, slapping the monkey? You're going to need proper attire.

Hahah, thats pretty good and you drew them yourself?

Osotogary
07-09-08, 01:20 AM
Yes, I drew them but I don't wear them....as yet.
Everything I submit I draw unless I have added a pasted up background or item by using my limited photoshop skills. Thanks for the compliment.

jetdoc
07-09-08, 03:05 PM
Thats cool Gary, keep up the great work brother.