PDA

View Full Version : Where would I go for boot?

Patriot34
07-06-08, 08:58 PM
I've assumed that I'd go to Parris Island for boot camp but now I've heard rumors that people from Wisconsin (Wasau area) go to San Diego? Can any of you help me out here?

Future93
07-06-08, 09:00 PM
Yes people from Wisconsin go to San Diego. I am from Brown Deer and my recruiters said we go to San Diego because even though we are east of the Mississippi, that is where we go.

Patriot34
07-06-08, 09:12 PM
Medford
Population-4350:D
I was hoping Paris Island. Ah well, San Diego it is!

Future93
07-06-08, 09:16 PM
I don't know if this is something that you would want to do, I would think probably not, but my recruiter said that you can ask to go to Parris Island and he has sent people there before on their request. I would assume it would be some trouble to do but you could always try that if that is where you want to go.

usmc2007
07-06-08, 09:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, Marines, but i heard also from a recruiter that you can do that. But if I may be wrong, then please correct me.

DGardner
07-06-08, 09:58 PM
I know for a FACT where you will go....
WHERE THE MARINE CORPS TELLS YOU TO! ;)

Pete0331
07-06-08, 10:01 PM
I don't know if this is something that you would want to do, I would think probably not, but my recruiter said that you can ask to go to Parris Island and he has sent people there before on their request. I would assume it would be some trouble to do but you could always try that if that is where you want to go.

IIRC you can only do this if you have a family member who went to boot camp at Parris Island.

darkgreen0311
07-06-08, 10:04 PM
I know recruits now go to Parris Island if you're east of the Mississippi but when i went through you picked where you wanted to go to boot camp. I don't know if you can pick nowadays where you want to go.

:marine: :flag: Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

ZSKI
07-06-08, 10:43 PM
IIRC you can only do this if you have a family member who went to boot camp at Parris Island.

Well we had a guy from texas in our platoon and he was the first marine in his family. Never hurts to ask.

jetdoc
07-07-08, 07:29 AM
Well we had a guy from texas in our platoon and he was the first marine in his family. Never hurts to ask.

We had a couple of Texas dudes.

JJA1990
07-07-08, 09:51 AM
Yeah, the Mississippi apparently isnt the only factor determining where your sent.. I am from Indiana, and I will go to San Diego.

Backblast
07-07-08, 10:16 AM
Nothing wrong with being a Hollywood Marine. Enjoy the hills of Camp Pendleton. They are beautiful this time of the year.

Nate catlett
07-07-08, 10:57 AM
I am from NW Arkansas and I had a friend who sent a letter to the CO at Parris Island and got to go to boot there. No one in his family had been to boot there he just wanted to go because his recruitor went to the island. So if you really want to go to PI for some reason you can. They are the same, but I guess its up to you.

Artemis
07-07-08, 12:12 PM
Where you go to Boot Camp really shouldn't matter. Only real difference is the location. A Marine is a Marine no matter where they did Boot Camp at.