PDA

View Full Version : One week left

Bullpup
07-06-08, 07:22 PM
Well I only have a week left until I ship off to Boot Camp (I go to MCRD SD on July 14). I'm sure I'll be on this site a lot in the next few days but I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you to all the Marines on this site who have taken time to give us youngins some advice as well as the occasional verbal blow to the head (when we needed it). You guys are an inspiration and your dedication is one of the reasons I first started looking hard at the Marine Corps.

If anyone has any last advice then I'm all ears. I know now that failure is not an option, I won't leave the Depot without the title.

Again thanks. I'll try and make you proud.

Good luck to all my fellow poolees.

gobuffs10
07-06-08, 07:25 PM
Good luck. You will make it. I remember when I first came here I made a post and you pretty much told me I didn't belong, that I had the wrong attitude. That was pretty good moto! So good luck, and keep your head up.

Bullpup
07-06-08, 07:39 PM
Thanks man. My first impression of you wasn't all that flattering. But, you've proven me wrong again and again. When your time comes you'll do great. Good luck to you too.

DGardner
07-06-08, 07:54 PM
Isn't anything worse a recruit can feel than knowing you'll be leaving the depot without that title. So no matter how bad you think you have it, you'll be leaving with that title (as long as you don't **** up or get ****ed up lol). Come back with that title bull!

-Gardner

darkgreen0311
07-06-08, 08:03 PM
Bullpup i wish you good luck. The D.I's are the best that the Marine Corps has to offer. You have to remember that the D.I's are looking for the best to become Marines. Their jobs are to let only the best into this elite fraternity. Just remember that it's not personal, between D.I's and recruits it's business, and if you remember this you'll do fine.

:marine::flag: Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

usmc2007
07-06-08, 08:31 PM
[quote=Bullpup;368034]Again thanks. I'll try and make you proud.quote]

your not going to TRY, your going to become a United States Marine.

ecfree
07-06-08, 08:48 PM
Poolee Bullpup,stay squared away in your last week.
Maintain your consintration on what your about to venture into.
It's not just boot camp,it's Marine Corps Recruit Training.The best recruit training in the world,and do not ever forget that.
Remember Dave,There Is No Such Word As ,"CAN'T"...:evilgrin:
You'll do fine lad.
Gods speed.

jungleman4422
07-06-08, 10:37 PM
Ill be there too. See you on the Yellow Footprints!