PDA

View Full Version : MEPS tomorrow

jfweeden
07-05-08, 08:37 PM
Hello all,

I leave for MEPS tomorrow and I was wondering if you do a physical test there. Ist maybe? I'm curious, how many Marine poolees did yall see there? Also, any last minute advice would be helpful.

-Jake Weeden

DGardner
07-05-08, 08:48 PM
There were quite a few the times I went.

Advice: Don't be a dumbass, Don't act stupid, Don't sleep, and tell them everything... HONESTLY.

JDHERNANDEZ
07-05-08, 09:05 PM
well when i was a poolee we were only 10 and i knew them all YUT!! advice: dont mess up , dont get nervouse tell the truth sorta, and dont act like a child if you want to become a Marine do not lie trust me i made my mistakes in the fleet but i owned up to them Marines dont lie so if you want to be one start acting like on. good luck kid:marine:

lagrand
07-05-08, 09:11 PM
Yes, you do a physical there. We had to wake up at 3:45 :) But out of the 140 recruits shipping/going to meps at my hotel, only 3 were Marine Corps (one was shipping). Just stay awake, do what you're told, and don't act like an idiot. You're representing the Marine Corps.

SEANstaah
07-05-08, 09:14 PM
I went twice, one for ASVAB one for the physical. No IST. At the time, there were more Marine applicants than any other branch, following Army, then Air Force then Navy. It might be random, cause one of my buddies said there were mostly Navy when he went.

For the physical, try to be first in line for everything. I hated waiting in lines. If you need to take a **** then do that first. Make sure you do it at an angle, or you'll end up with urine all over your hand.

Follow instructions and shut up when you have to. When the Army kids tell you how they're so much better than you with a $10,000 bonus and "going Green Berets" just laugh at them.

lagrand
07-05-08, 09:18 PM
SEANstaah, I'd like to disagree. If you need to pee, hold it. You have a urinalysis that you have to do and if you can't produce urine, that's just more time you have to wait and more water you have to drink. We actually had one kid at MEPS that had to come back at a later time because he "couldn't hold it" and went before his urinalysis and then what do you know! No urine for the urinalysis. It's your call.

SEANstaah
07-05-08, 10:14 PM
I meant to do the urinalysis first, if you need to go.

lagrand
07-05-08, 10:20 PM
Agreed. And you're right. Army kids thinking they're hot **** with all of their enlistment bonuses. Too bad they never got to see the light!

sec9
07-06-08, 12:42 AM
I just had my physical a few days ago. Just let the process work itself out and don't complain about waiting cause it will only make it worse, you are going to be there a long time and there is no getting around it so just go with it. Make sure you have to pis s before you go to the pis test or else you will get held back and probably humiliated for not being able to go.

CplKJSpevak
07-06-08, 04:24 AM
Hey guy's, Your life as Marines will be full of "Hurry up and wait", Waiting in line for chow, and if your on a ship? Chow line can run an hour or more (They let people go through the line Navy/Marine/Navy/Marine) Fire Watch in Boot is 1 hour, Guard Duty in the FMF is 4 hour shifts.....So what I'm trying to tell you guys is, Be patient with the who processing thing. Processing in and out, Checking in and out, is just part of being in the Marine Corps...MEPS is your first taste. :)