PDA

View Full Version : For those who finished a BA/BS while Enlisted

Cysero
05-09-03, 12:24 PM
For those who finished a BA/BS while Enlisted
To those who finished their BA/BS while enlisted, first I would like to ask if you could spare a little advice/wisdom on how best to accomplish this difficult task. I am of course a poolee but if their are any things I can do now or later to help better my timely completion it would be appreciated. It is important to me. I have 60 credits now. I am going emlisted, open contract, ship out !ugust 18th. Thanks.

-Cysero
lowly poolee

thedrifter
05-09-03, 01:30 PM
Cysero

The best person that can help you with your question is Sixguns......He is our Recruit Mentor.......

When he gets a chance he will answer it for you.....

Best of Luck!

The Drifter

Sixguns
05-10-03, 07:14 AM
If you have that many credits, you should be shipping to recruit training as a Private First Class. Be sure your MEPS records have your college transcripts included and a statement promoting you to PFC when you ship. With 60 credits, you will be able to apply for several education programs that can help you finish your degree while in the Corps.

More imortant than that right now though is why are you shipping on an open contract? What type of ASVAB scores did you have and what type of program guarantees do you qualify for? If I were you, I would get answers to these questions and get with your recruiter to select a progam guarantee before you ship to training. Certain jobs and MOS's are better suited to help you finish your education. Talk about this in detail with your recruiter before you ship.

P.S. Did your recruiter ship to training on an open contract? Does your recruiter have 60 college credits? You need to express your goals and desires (wants and needs) so he can show you ways to satisfy them.