PDA

View Full Version : Took the Oath...

PMPursch
07-04-08, 10:42 PM
Hello Marines and fellow Poolees, I'm proud to say that I'm one step closer to seeing a dream realized after swearing in on 20080630! I ship on 20081014/03XX. I ship on a Tuesday which I found surprising, are Tuesday shipdates unusual? If I can get some info on changing my status to Poolee that would be greatly appreciated.

yellowwing
07-04-08, 10:47 PM
Awesome!

davblay
07-04-08, 10:51 PM
Hello Marines and fellow Poolees, I'm proud to say that I'm one step closer to seeing a dream realized after swearing in on 20080630! I ship on 20081014/03XX. I ship on a Tuesday which I found surprising, are Tuesday shipdates unusual? If I can get some info on changing my status to Poolee that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for enlisting in our Corps, especially at your age of 28! Dam you are gonna be older than your DIs, buddy!

To Change your status PM, Jinelson or Shaffer, they can handle that for ya!

As Far as shipping on Tuesday, well with you living in San Diego, it may very well be possible, because they pick up platoons during the entire week.

Good luck Poolee and thank you for your interest in our Corps!

Dave

sparkie
07-05-08, 12:05 AM
So you are now in,,,, Make your best of it. Be afraid, Become.

usmc2007
07-05-08, 12:15 AM
Thank you for enlisting in our Corps, especially at your age of 28! Dam you are gonna be older than your DIs, buddy!

To Change your status PM, Jinelson or Shaffer, they can handle that for ya!

As Far as shipping on Tuesday, well with you living in San Diego, it may very well be possible, because they pick up platoons during the entire week.

Good luck Poolee and thank you for your interest in our Corps!

Dave

It is possible as far as going to Parris Island also Cpl., because that is the day that I picked up on.

PMPursch
07-05-08, 12:52 AM
Thank you all for the kind words and information, greatly appreciated!

Motorola07
07-05-08, 09:18 AM
I shipped out on monday and planes got canceled, so we had to ship on tue. Probably good 400-500 kids that were their tue.

Caskins17
07-05-08, 04:02 PM
I heard people ship out Mon, Tue, and Wed. Or at least that's what my recruiter told me. I leave on Monday to go to the hotel and ship out on Tuesday. Though, I don't understandy why shipping out on a Tuesday would be weird.

PMPursch
07-05-08, 10:15 PM
I heard people ship out Mon, Tue, and Wed. Or at least that's what my recruiter told me. I leave on Monday to go to the hotel and ship out on Tuesday. Though, I don't understandy why shipping out on a Tuesday would be weird.

I guess I found a Tuesday shipdate kinda odd because I work at the San Diego Airport. I'm so used to seeing groups of Poolees making their way to the USO every other Monday like clockwork. Never really noticed it that much on other days of the week. I also saw it as one less day to process before meeting the SDI on Friday. Guess its not that big of a deal. Thanks for the info...

CplKJSpevak
07-06-08, 04:12 AM
Paul, Congrats on your most outstanding decision to Join Our Corps.......:)

PMPursch
07-06-08, 11:36 AM
Paul, Congrats on your most outstanding decision to Join Our Corps.......:)
Thank you Corporal, greatest decision I've ever made!

CH53MetalMan
07-06-08, 12:19 PM
Congrats, and be sure to smile when you are introduced to your D.I.'s

Infact you may want to offer them a smoke or stick of gum, just to break the tension.

But whatever you do, never, never, never look them in the eye. Avoid eye contact at all cost or you will set them off into an uncontrollable rage the likes of which YOU may never fully recover from!

Ha, ha, ha Good Luck. Stand Tall, Suck in your gut and never quit, never give up. They can't break you if you don't let 'em.

PMPursch
07-06-08, 01:45 PM
Congrats, and be sure to smile when you are introduced to your D.I.'s

Infact you may want to offer them a smoke or stick of gum, just to break the tension.

But whatever you do, never, never, never look them in the eye. Avoid eye contact at all cost or you will set them off into an uncontrollable rage the likes of which YOU may never fully recover from!

Ha, ha, ha Good Luck. Stand Tall, Suck in your gut and never quit, never give up. They can't break you if you don't let 'em.
Thanks for the helpful advice Corporal, much appreciated!

jrhd97
07-06-08, 02:55 PM
Congratulations and Good luck! Look forward to the day we see your status change to Marine.

jinelson
07-06-08, 03:19 PM
Congratulations Poolee! I changed your avatar and you can change your status by clicking edit profile under your profile pic.

Jim

PMPursch
07-06-08, 04:34 PM
Thanks for making that change SSgt.!

SGT7477
07-06-08, 07:15 PM
Get some,OOHRAH.