PDA

View Full Version : Home from MEPS

BigGunz90
07-03-08, 01:48 PM
I just swore in at MEPS yesterday. I'm now officially a Marine Poolee. I'm pretty pumped about it because I thought I would have trouble getting in [I had to have an ortho consult]. No waivers or anything.

I also feel good because I didn't have to lie to get in. When I was at the station about to ship to MEPS, my recruiter told me not to bring up an issue I had when I was younger. When I was eight I had been prescribed an inhaler for pneumonia. He said not to say anything about it and if they ask, I just don't remember using one. Well, there was a time in MEPS where I had to decide whether to say it or not and I just went ahead and did. The doctor asked me some questions about it and said it was no big deal.

Pretty much my trip went like this:

It took about 3 hours to get to my MEPS station and when we got there we had to go through some security things [bags checked, present ID, etc]. Got my name tag, waited, filled out some papers, waited, took my ASVAB, waited alot more, then finally went back to the hotel. The Hilton is a nice place by the way. I went to the gym they had. It was nice. My roommate was a guy going into the army but had to have his ship day moved back because he broke his leg. Anyway, I met alot of strange people there but also some really cool ones. 0430 was wake up call, we ate breakfast, then took a bus to MEPS. I got my BP checked, vision, hearing, alcohol test, blood drawn, did the duck walk with other ortho excercises, 1-on-1 with the doc, went to the ortho consult [which sucked], ate lunch, 1-on-1 with the doc again, the I was all set. Met with my liason to go over my contract. Got my fingerprints done, then swore in.

I'm glad I got it over with. Those were the longest two days of my life.

I ship 20090616 [I have one year of school left]

I went 0300.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to any applicant going to MEPS

sec9
07-03-08, 02:53 PM
I Swore in on Tuesday and my day went pretty similar to yours minus having to take the asvab and stay over night. It is not a fun day but definitely an experience and one I am happy to be done with.

DGardner
07-03-08, 07:06 PM
weird, I didn't get my prints done until I was shipping out. must be a MEPS by MEPS thing. :p