PDA

View Full Version : Poolees: Leave it to the Marines

bgsuwoody
06-28-08, 02:10 PM
I don't know if its just me, but after actually reading a few of the threads lately I have found a common occurance. It seems that many of the poolees are spending their time writing posts that are not helpful and are often soft attacks on the individual writing them.

Your job here as poolees is to "A place for poolees to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to boot camp" which to me is to provide helpful advice instead of telling others that just because they are bad at something, or have a problem that they are not cut out for this. Who are you to say that? Spend your time here learning, giving back as much as you have been given from these Marines, and use your experiences to help others form a decision or get past a crossroad that they may be having

Leave the mean spirited comments and negative remarks to the Marines...believe me they are better at it and have years of practice doing it. MOST OF THE TIME there's some tact to it.

I'm not asking for some kumbaya corner, but if its really not that important to say and you aren't adding anything to the conversation or you are saying the same thing as someone else, especially if it is negative...just leave it out.

thedrifter
06-28-08, 02:13 PM
I don't know if its just me, but after actually reading a few of the threads lately I have found a common occurance. It seems that many of the poolees are spending their time writing posts that are not helpful and are often soft attacks on the individual writing them.

Your job here as poolees is to "A place for poolees to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to boot camp" which to me is to provide helpful advice instead of telling others that just because they are bad at something, or have a problem that they are not cut out for this. Who are you to say that? Spend your time here learning, giving back as much as you have been given from these Marines, and use your experiences to help others form a decision or get past a crossroad that they may be having

Leave the mean spirited comments and negative remarks to the Marines...believe me they are better at it and have years of practice doing it. MOST OF THE TIME there's some tact to it.

I'm not asking for some kumbaya corner, but if its really not that important to say and you aren't adding anything to the conversation or you are saying the same thing as someone else, especially if it is negative...just leave it out.

Thank You!

Ellie

Achped
06-28-08, 08:08 PM
Ugh, when do we get paid bruddah? Ive got 1.47 in my bank account and Waikiki is waiitttinngggg......

Oh wait, Jacksonville, my bad. How is it there in the summer anyways? ;)

Good post bro, looking back, I knew NOTHING About the Marine Corps as a poolee, I knew E4 came after E3, but I didnt know a corporal was such a big step from lance corporal.

bgsuwoody
06-28-08, 08:30 PM
Yeah no crap, my bank accounts hurting. On a 96 now till Tuesday only to come back on Wednesday and get another 96 on Friday. Pretty good stuff. How's Hawaii treating ya...besides the woman troubles of course :) I got duty tomorrow though...kinda sucks

BR34
06-28-08, 10:44 PM
Yeah no crap, my bank accounts hurting. On a 96 now till Tuesday only to come back on Wednesday and get another 96 on Friday. Pretty good stuff. How's Hawaii treating ya...besides the woman troubles of course :) I got duty tomorrow though...kinda sucks

What the hell is the holiday this weekend? I'm on a 72, so I'm not complaining, but I thought it was just CO wide. There was also a huge fireworks show across the street from base housing. Can't wait for my 96 next week though, since I'm going on leave on the 5th!!! :yes:

bgsuwoody
06-28-08, 10:47 PM
We got one because we just got off a 3 week training op at AP Hill

Achped
06-29-08, 12:36 AM
What the hell I HATE HAWAII. A 72? FOR WHAT? One of the batteries is on a 72but thats just because were deploying soon and they're getitng "family" time, but that was only a battery/company. This sucks

yellowwing
06-29-08, 12:52 AM
LOL, you two are Heckyll and Jeckyll. Hijacking your own thread! :D

bgsuwoody
06-29-08, 05:53 AM
You know these guys really aren't heeding this warning, we might as well use it for something...

Marine84
06-29-08, 07:26 AM
ahhhhhhh...............I remember the days. Payday just around the corner - you have to eat in the chow hall and you hope somebody will buy your beer for you at the E Club (cause it's cheaper to drink on base) for the next few days til you can hit them back when the Eagle $h!ts. We learned fast - ALWAYS get pre-flighted at the Club before you go out in town.

SlaveToTheCorps
06-30-08, 11:19 AM

Good to go, Lance Corporal

Brewer0311
06-30-08, 12:04 PM
ahhhhhhh...............I remember the days. Payday just around the corner - you have to eat in the chow hall and you hope somebody will buy your beer for you at the E Club (cause it's cheaper to drink on base) for the next few days til you can hit them back when the Eagle $h!ts. We learned fast - ALWAYS get pre-flighted at the Club before you go out in town.

Here on Lejeune I've been wondering about an E-Club and NCO club. We've got SNCO and O-Club. What about the devils E-5 and below that want to have a good time on base. We make less so there should be a place. While at 29 Palms for CAX the ADVON got to go mainside to drink and what have you. It was a really good time and I enjoyed it. Helped me meet some other Marines in a different MOS.

But as far as the main purpose of the thread goes. I agree. :thumbup::beer:

TJR1070
07-01-08, 09:07 AM
I went to Lejuene in December with my FD to deliver some morale items to the Wounded Warrior Barracks and I asked the same question about the E-Club. The young Marines had no idea what I was talking about. I know you can hang and drink at the bowling alley and close to the traffic circle is a sports bar that is open to all ranks. If you want a great bar with an amazing amount of Marine memorabilia and history Swanyk's (not sure of the spelling) in Jacksonville is a great place. It's owned by a retired Sgt. Maj., who is a hell of a nice guy and a wealth of Marine Corps history. I had a great conversation with him about the old China Marines uniform he has on a mankin by the front door. Good times and great Marines to hang with, I didn't want to go home.

egbutler1
07-01-08, 09:32 AM
If you want a great bar with an amazing amount of Marine memorabilia and history Swanyk's (not sure of the spelling) in Jacksonville is a great place.
That is a great bar! Loved that place. As for on base I went to drink at that place near French Creek that has computers pool tables and a bunch of other crap. I think it was like a pizza joint. Its right by the gym out there in FC. I enjoyed that cause i was right by FC so i could get totally lit and walk to my barracks. As for the Main topic that was discussed good to go! Also if you want another good bar its out on the triangle called the "o-house" (i think that may be just what we called it) but its a good time.

Artemis
07-01-08, 10:54 AM
It is actually the Orleans House but yeah that bar is awesome. Well except if you go upstairs you can't stand up straight.

Pete0331
07-01-08, 11:32 AM

There is still an E-Club on Camp Pendleton. Its called the "Double Duce" at the 22 area by mainside. It is horrible.
There was one in Las Pulgas but it was turned into a Taco Bell about the same time I came in. A SNCO told me about what used to go on at the
E-Clubs. I'm not surrprised they were taken away.

egbutler1
07-01-08, 11:52 AM
It is actually the Orleans House but yeah that bar is awesome. Well except if you go upstairs you can't stand up straight.

Yeah Orleans House thats it. Yeah we called the upstairs the Mafia Lounge, yeah you can't stand up but we'd pay the bar tender a few bucks each to take care of us and we would feel like gods lol. Good times in that bar, can't count how many times i got kicked out.

Marine84
07-01-08, 12:00 PM
A SNCO told me about what used to go on at the E-Clubs. I'm not surrprised they were taken away.

:scared: WHAT????? NO E CLUB?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LOL! What did he tell you used to go on in the E Club?

Brewer0311
07-01-08, 12:27 PM
We pretty much hijacked this thread. I'm going to start the topic in Chesty's

bgsuwoody
08-12-08, 03:13 PM

Last time I'm going to ****ing say this poolees I am kind of getting upset about this right now. Stop *****ing at each other. You failed attempts at Marine Corps style correction are just ****ing me and others off. ADVICE and SUPPORT. That is the plan. Jesus my second home is turning into my first home. This **** has got to stop. I think we need to implement some kind of rule to leave it to the Marines. These little spats about profiles, grammar, spelling, and especially IGNORANCE about anything Marine Corps are turning ridiculous.
You poolees reading me LIMA CHARLIE!

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 03:15 PM
Yes sir, LCpl. Understood.

sscjoe
08-12-08, 03:30 PM
Let me say this before you move this thread. Holy Crap no more e-clubs. To bad there were some good ones back in the day( I.E.- the new club at El-Toro circa 1978), the club at MCRD San Diego and who can forget the club at Iwakuni where many a night I hit enough on the slots to hit the ville and get trashed) In a way though it makes sense because how many E-1's and 2's are 21 or over)

Books
08-12-08, 03:53 PM
Lance Corporal, you were easily the most verbal poolee on these boards and getting into altercations with all sorts of people, and now that you're a Marine you're telling us to lay off? Aye, aye. Flame on.

bgsuwoody
08-12-08, 04:02 PM
Books you got to understand let me tell you that it didn't turn into a 4 page long bickering problem. Feel free to keep acting like ****ing dumbasses and getting nothing out of this site than figuring out who has the bigger ****ing dick. All you are going to get is a view of a bunch of other guys dicks. Yeah, pretty stupid huh.

At this point I don't give a damn what you guys do. I am just going to stop giving any advice and am seriously thinking that its a great idea if all the Marines stay off the poolee boards and let you all fend for yourselves. God you don't know how lucky you are to have this place, you could all have gone in blind like many of these Marines. With none of their petty, stupid ass questions being asked. No Marine Corps friends willing to write you. No Marine Corps friends who can empathize with you. Its cool though. Feel free to continue showing your asses and upsetting Marines see how long they give a **** about you guys.

There's always an excuse for everything.

bgsuwoody
08-12-08, 04:10 PM
And let me remind you Books that for every 1 minute I spent complaining about something petty. I spent 30 minutes helping individuals here whether it was through running the poolee chat. Helping with the Tim Arathuzik project. Directing individuals to Marines and other regarding their questions. Putting knowledge threads together. Not to mention I spent countless hours making amazing relationships with some of the Marines here. That to me is the most important thing. Some of who I have met in person. I still keep in contact with all of my poolee buddies by phone or email or whatever. Some of which I have changed their lives and they have changed mine. I've put in a fair share here a few hiccups should be expected. They still happen.

Brewer0311
08-12-08, 04:53 PM
This thread is over a month old. Let a dead dog lay.

And if you were responding to the E-Club part I started a thread on it. I think in Chesty's but I'm not positive.