PDA

View Full Version : Converting College Credits to Cutting Score

MaximasXXZ
06-27-08, 02:21 AM
Aloha Marines! I'm new to the forum and I have a question that no one in my command seems to know the answer to.

I completed 74 college credits prior to joining the Corps, and I was wondering how I would get those to transfer over to my cutting score? I've been in over 2 years and I'm out of contact with my recruiter; do I take my college transcripts to the education center on base? Or to one of the S shops? IPAC? I truly have no idea, any help would be most appreciated.

Pete0331
06-27-08, 03:08 AM
Pass it up the chain. This should be something your 1stSgt can resolve as long as you have an OFFICIAL transcript.

This is something you should have brought to the attention of your recruiter before enlisting. It would have been easier to take care of then.

Achped
06-27-08, 04:38 AM
Aloha hmm?

Try2CatchMike
06-28-08, 11:32 AM
Im pretty sure you cannot use credit that you had before you joined the service. The only time it can be used from what I understand is if for example your going to college as a Lance you can use whatever credits you completed while in that grade toward your cutting score.

-Mike

MaximasXXZ
06-28-08, 09:22 PM
Hrm, my platoon sergeant told me to take my transcript to IPAC. I haven't had time yet, but I'll post what happens when I do.

And yes, Aloha! I'm stationed in K-Bay with 3/3.

Pete0331
06-28-08, 09:25 PM
Hrm, my platoon sergeant told me to take my transcript to IPAC. I haven't had time yet, but I'll post what happens when I do.

And yes, Aloha! I'm stationed in K-Bay with 3/3.

Good, after you give it to IPAC make sure you check on MarineOnline.
If its on there you will be good to go.