PDA

View Full Version : For 1st ANGLICO Marines:

RVHall
06-26-08, 08:47 PM
What: Memorial Bricks for a 1st ANGLICO area at the new Marine Corps Museum at Quantico
When: before 10 November, 2008
How Much: $300 each
Point of Contact: John Maurer (jmaurer@columbus.rr.com)

As most of you know, our 2008 reunion was held at MCB Quantico. It was a tremendous success, thanks to the efforts of John Maurer and Cindy Gerhan.
An outfall of our visit to the new Marine Corps Museum is an effort that you should be aware of. As a part of the museum's fundraising campaign, for a limited time they are offering lettered bricks to memorialize your favorite Marine.
A plan is in the works to have an area designated for bricks for 1st ANGLICO Marines. The procedure for making a donation will necessarily be slightly different than their normal procedure to ensure that the 1st ANGLICO Marines' bricks are placed together.
The timing should be good for Christmas gifts of bricks to Memorialize your favorite Marine (or your family might do this for you).
Efforts are underway to ensure that "no Marine is left behind."

RVHall
06-27-08, 09:38 AM
http://marinephotos.*********************/583842.jpg
The standard form, downloadable at http://www.usmcmuseum.org/Involved_Bricks.asp, allows for three lines of 20 characters each, including spaces.
The "committee" working on this may recommend (not insist) on a little bit of standardization of format to make 1st ANGLICO look like a coherent unit.
I've already covertly suggested to some family members of friends that this might make a great Christmas surprise for their Marine.

B Gen McKay is on board with this, as is the current 1st ANGLICO CO, Lt Col Gann are fully on board. The General will likely ask a museum representative to serve as point of contact (POC) to keep our 1st ANGLICAN orders grouped, and to handle the money.
Here's a message just yesterday from the General to ANGLICAN Jeff Estep:
"Jeff, glad to hear that your reunion and dinner went well. I have asked our VP of Marketing, Jennifer Vanderveld, to contact you and coordinate your request. The other point of contact on our staff is Jason Gardy and he will work the actual details of each brick. Please let me know if you have any difficulty as you move forward. FYI, new bricks will not be installed until late next year so you have some time to pull this together. S/F Jerry"

Hope this answers some of your questions for now. I'll update this as I find out more.

RVHall
07-13-08, 05:06 PM
ATTENTION--1st ANGLICO MARINES:

A project has begun to have 1st ANGLICO Marines from all eras join in and purchase commemorative bricks for the walkway at the National Museum of the Marine Corps at Quantico, with Name on line one, anything they want on the second line, and a standardized 1st ANGLICO, FMF on the 3rd line. There are 20 available spaces per line. See:
WWW dot marineheritage.org/Involved_bricks.asp for an order form, and other information.

This is being set up with a particular contact person so that all 1ANG bricks can be placed in one grouping on the walkway outside the Museum. I'm sure that there will be current and former 1ANG marines whom you can contact regarding this project who may wish to participate, and that you yourself may wish to do so. The only deterrent might be that the Foundation has set a price of $300.00 for each brick.

A number of known 1ANG veterans on my lists already have declared they want a brick for themselves, and/or for their buddies who died in combat with them, there are widows who want one for their deceased 1ANG spouse, and so forth. I am sending this out so that everyone I am in email contact with will know about it. Let your old buddies know also.

The brick contact person at the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation is Jennifer Vanderveld, email at:
vanderveld @ marineheritage.org, (leave out the spaces)
phone 703 630 3691,
and she will accept checks and coordinate the listings and so forth with me.

Her snail mail address is:
MCHF Brick Program (1st ANGLICO) Attn. Jennifer Vanderveld
PO Box 998
Quantico, VA 22134-0998

Jennifer will maintain a roster to see that all purchases are set in the same area of the walkway. The bricks won't be placed until 2009, but it would be good to have the majority of the orders in by MC Birthday, 2008.

More to come as necessary.

Semper Fidelis

John Maurer
1ANG Reunion Coordinator
2744 Kensington Pl. E.
Columbus, OH 43202-2330
614 262 9002
<O:p</O:p

RVHall
08-15-08, 10:02 AM
What: Memorial Bricks for a 1st ANGLICO area at the new Marine Corps Museum at Quantico

Point of Contact: NO LONGER John Maurer (jmaurer@columbus.rr.com)
NOW - The brick contact person at the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation is Jennifer Vanderveld, email at vanderveld@marineheritage.org (vanderveld@marineheritage.org), phone 703 630 3691, and she will accept checks and coordinate the listings and so forth with me. Her snail mail address is:

MCHF Brick Program (1st ANGLICO)

Attn. Jennifer Vanderveld
PO Box 998
Quantico, VA 22134-0998

Jennifer will maintain a roster to see that all purchases are set in the same area of the walkway. The bricks won't be placed until 2009, but it would be good to have the majority of the orders in by MC Birthday, 2008.

Point of Contact: John Maurer (jmaurer@columbus.rr.com)

As most of you know, our 2008 reunion was held at MCB Quantico. It was a tremendous success, thanks to the efforts of John Maurer and Cindy Gerhan.
An outfall of our visit to the new Marine Corps Museum is an effort that you should be aware of. As a part of the museum's fundraising campaign, for a limited time they are offering lettered bricks to memorialize your favorite Marine.
A plan is in the works to have an area designated for bricks for 1st ANGLICO Marines. The procedure for making a donation will necessarily be slightly different than their normal procedure to ensure that the 1st ANGLICO Marines' bricks are placed together.
The timing should be good for Christmas gifts of bricks to Memorialize your favorite Marine (or your family might do this for you).
Efforts are underway to ensure that "no Marine is left behind."

RVHall
08-20-08, 08:55 AM
When ordering your 1st ANGLICO Brick(s), most likely you will use the National Museum of the Marine Corps and Heritage Center order form at: http://www.usmcmuseum.org/Involved_Bricks.asp
BE SURE to indicate that the Source Code for your 1st ANGLICO brick(s) is: 08ANGLICO

Semper Fi,

Vance

RVHall
09-13-08, 05:03 AM
The deadline is nearing. Read prior messages for the contact person at the museum. 1st ANGLICO Marines, stake your claim on one of our bricks:

When ordering your 1st ANGLICO Brick(s), most likely you will use the National Museum of the Marine Corps and Heritage Center order form at: http://www.usmcmuseum.org/Involved_Bricks.asp
BE SURE to indicate that the Source Code for your 1st ANGLICO brick(s) is: 08ANGLICO

Semper Fi,

Vance

RVHall
10-12-08, 09:57 AM
to have your memorial brick included in the 1st ANGLICO area at the Marine Corps Museum. If you served with 1st ANGLICO and are interested, check my earlier posts for instructions, or contact me and I'll help.

Semper Fi