PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of what to say on my birthday

recon532002
06-26-08, 04:08 AM
It's been 55 yrs I have had good times and bad. I was born in St.Paul Minnesota my home state were I enlisted in the Marines at 17. I did four years and excelled to become Motor Transport Shop Chief of my shop. I was the youngest Marine on the base who was promoted to Sgt at 18, on my Birthday. I am not a combat veteran but served my country proudly at home. I was the best Mechanic I could be and allways gave 110%. I was honored to go to 3 excellent MT schools and came out with high mark in my classes. I also learned to drink and drug in the Marines. Not one of my better parts in life. I am sorry my life did not take me to far away places. I had no control over what the Marines had in store for me. I sometime feel ashamed that I did not get to go to Nam. Well 20 yrs later I admitted I was an alcoholic I lost wives, homes, kids, and property. Just celebrated my 13th AA birthday. Have had to deal with people who say untrue things about me without even researching who I am. Someone asked how I got my name Recon and I was a Truck Mechanic. Well let me say in 1973 I had a friend who was transfered from the Motor Pool I was at, and went to 1st Recon Bn at Del Mar To their Motor Pool. As far as how I got my Name. I am In a Motorcycle Organization and that name was given to me by my Chapter Prez 13 Yrs ago when I got sober. I have never said anything in any of the threads that I had anything to do with Recon. There is nothing in my profile that would even hint I had anything to do with Recon. And I resent the hell of being called a poser. I wish these people could walk in my shoes and not just take my Inventory. Get your facts straight before you call somebody something you would not like yourself. I am owed an Apology I may not get it, but carma has a way of biting you in the ass. I have tried to be tactfull, sometimes I can be very Brassy I had to write this for myself and my program. I hope the lesson is learned

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest
Respectfully Recon532002

thedrifter
06-26-08, 06:54 AM
Happy Birthday!

Ellie

Marine84
06-26-08, 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday!

Osotogary
06-26-08, 03:25 PM
Well, recon532002, although I am just a visitor to this website and not a Marine but a father of one all I can say is, "Welcome aboard".
Many moons ago I decided that before I start being overtly judgemental of an individual I'd better look at myself first. Keeping this in mind....you have got a clean slate with me. (Heck, mostly everybody does. LOL.) All the best to you and Happy Birthday.
Gary

yellowwing
06-26-08, 04:31 PM
Happy Birthday Brother!

Quinbo
06-26-08, 04:57 PM
Happy Birthday.
Having walked that guantlet myself as far as being questioned you should join me in welcoming it. Nobody knows who you are or what you have done with a few lines on a web site. Just tell them bring it on. Shake hands be humble you're not making anything up and proud of what you've accomplished.

ecfree
06-26-08, 08:58 PM
Happy Birthday Brother,Wish you many more...:beer:

sparkie
06-26-08, 09:14 PM
Happy Friggin B-Day. My Bro,,,,,,,,,,,

SGT7477
06-26-08, 09:29 PM
Happy Birthday Marine, Semper FI.

Wyoming
06-26-08, 09:52 PM
Happy B'Day and Semper Fidelis, MY Brother!!

bucksgted
06-26-08, 11:26 PM
Happy Bitrhday, Brother!!

Let's enjoy lots more of them together!

Semper Fidelis,
Ed

hermogenesm
06-27-08, 07:05 AM
Happy birthday Marine Semper-Fi and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICE AND SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY AND FOR KEEPING THE WAR SUPPLY MOVING.