PDA

View Full Version : A Marine's amnesia, have you met any...

Swampyankee
06-25-08, 09:19 PM
with it? I mean how many here have ever met a former Marine (regardless of age) that can't remember even one unit that he or she served with? Not to include any mental incapacity that may have become apparrent over time.
Just curious.

Pete0331
06-25-08, 09:20 PM
No.

darkgreen0311
06-25-08, 09:23 PM
Can't say that i have. Either they have amnesia like your post reads or either they're just liars.

:marine::flag: Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

ecfree
06-25-08, 09:36 PM
Not one,ever...
Hey Swampy,there is no such thing as a former Marine.
ONCE A MARINE,ALWAYS A MARINE....:thumbup:

Swampyankee
06-25-08, 09:39 PM
OK, the individual was gainfully employed so I don't think amnesia was it. Had a big EGA on his arm and being the type to recongnize my fellow former Marines I asked him who he was with, you know, MOS, station, etc. He said all he remembered was he did something with .50's.

The thought went through my mind that he had gotten the tatoo before boot and, well, you know how the DI's were about that. Put a big bullseye on his keester and they did their best to cull him out of the herd.
Either that, or the Corps didn't leave that much of an impression on him. I imagine a tatoo like that is more than most posers are willing to go through.

I have seen more guys wearring apparrel with certain units emblazoned thereon (Coast Guard and Marine Corps) and when I ask about it (I have an interest in both) they tell me it belongs to someone else. I think I'll quit asking.

darkgreen0311
06-25-08, 10:11 PM
We all know that you don't forget where you went to boot camp. The name of your D.I's and your mos. Swampyankee you should of asked him where he went to boot camp. His D.I's names , his platoon number and if he did something with the 50's, the mos number for the 50's such as grunt 0311.

:marine::flag: Semper Fi 4 Life
Your is not to question why but to do or die!!!