PDA

View Full Version : Don't troops have rights, too?

fontman
06-25-08, 03:23 PM
Don't troops have rights, too? <br />
By Jonathon Gurwitz <br />
Web Posted: 06/24/2008 05:42 PM CDT <br />
San Antonio Express-News <br />
<br />
If you're an al-Qaida terrorist who has participated in operations that have...

ggyoung
06-25-08, 03:48 PM
No our troops have never the same rights as the enemy or the citizens of our great country. In 1964 we had a saying that went like this "you are in a dictatorship protecting a democracy".

Marine84
06-25-08, 05:27 PM
I thought I signed my rights over to the Corps while they had me. I don't know, with all of this PC crap going on today, they may have rights now.

sparkie
06-25-08, 05:45 PM
What happened to the 'Manhood' of America? If things keep going, I'll be drinkin beer out of a tea cup. Too much PC, in our courts, in our minds, in our politics.
PC is me giving my dogs the right to pick up their own crap,,,,, Makes as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.
Hopfully, I'm not buying cable tv for those murdering bastards.

Marine84
06-25-08, 05:58 PM
If things keep going, I'll be drinkin beer out of a tea cup.

I had a visual..............you gonna look mighty funny drinkin' outta that cup holdin' that pinkie finger out. LOL!

tripledog
06-25-08, 07:22 PM
Yes , troops have rights. Unfornuately if you dont belive it , read some court decisions.

And I had rights as a Marine, the Right way, the wrong way and the Marine way. and If I didnt do it RIGHT, wait Im counting the scars now.........

Hopefully, Ill be in boot camp up above before we drink beer from a cup with my friggin pinkie finger pointed outward.

Swampyankee
06-25-08, 09:08 PM
Rights for the military are found in the UCMJ. A whole nother ballgame. For example when I was in they started prosecuting Marines under the UCMJ for traffic violations, after they had faced a civilian judge for the same infraction. To me that's double jeapordy, but not to the Corps.

Eric Hood
06-26-08, 10:18 AM
Gee, I wonder if the terrorist pigs will now treat their captives better? I kinda doubt it.
Eric

sscjoe
06-26-08, 10:54 AM
Gee, I wonder if the terrorist pigs will now treat their captives better? I kinda doubt it.
Eric
Maybe if we started doing the same things some of these cowards would think twice. Sorry, it was just a thought I forgot about the liberal PC mentality pervasive in todays political society.

ggyoung
06-26-08, 11:19 AM
Swampyankee======That happened to me. I was busted down to Cpl. When I got to another command I got my Sgt. strips back with back pay. I have always said that the UCMJ says it is the "the uniform code of military injustice"

SGT-JOHN-ADDY
06-27-08, 08:42 AM
Well I'm Surprize I Got Out A Sgt Because Of All The Trouble My Ex Wife Caused For Me. I Was At 9th Engines In Oki And Mwss-273 In Beaufort Has Changes Brought Up On Me Why I'm Still In Oki For Child Endangerment And Domestic Violence. Now Tell Me How I Can Beat My Wife And Endanger My Children's Life, An That Is Only The Beginning

CBS
06-27-08, 10:36 AM
No our troops have never the same rights as the enemy or the citizens of our great country. In 1964 we had a saying that went like this "you are in a dictatorship protecting a democracy".

I remember this from 1966 but since I've had other thoughts like : :confused:

What would all the Lilly-livered 'talkers' do to back up their Diplomacy ?
What would be left of the USA if we left our country to the 'talkers'
Talk when possible, debate when necessary but fight when you must !!
We 'talked' to much in Vietnam and should have nailed them..............
Beruit, Somalia, and now Iraq...time to get out our ass-kicking gear and
get after these dogs !!

USMC = Teddy Roosevelts' 'BIG STICK'....time to whack a few !!!

SEMPER FI......>Chuck :evilgrin:

HST
06-30-08, 11:51 AM
The problem is lifers, lawyers and press pukes. Years ago, and I mean years ago like in the second war and maybe Korea, the Corps was run by Marines. Men who knew that war was all about killing the enemy and anyone that might be the enemy and there were times when you had to be a hard core killer to keep your men alive.

That all changed when the administrators and managers took command and got rid of the real leaders. Then the press pukes got in the act, they could give a **** less about the American lives that were lost because of their bull****, all they wanted was that pulitzer prize or that network news job that they would get if they snitched on some American who offed a gook , never mind or report that he was trying to kill you seconds before or that putting him on a medevac chopper placed the whole unit in jeprody.

I saw it first hand in Vietnam, the press would come out after the **** was over, take pictures of dead Marines and write bull**** stories like they were there when it happened. They got treated like royalty and after awhile they expected it. The lifers slobbered all over them. They knew they could make or break a career with a few choice words. The lawyers were just like the lifers, they sat in the rear always ready to destroy someone who had the balls to go places and do things that they couldn't possible imagine. They wore the uniform but thats where it ended.

There were a few real Marines left, leaders who understood that it was better to blow someone away than to take him to the rear where he could be democratized, become a cho hoi and come back out to lead you into a ambush. Sounds to me like they're all gone now. Its kind of ironic though, the lawyers and lifer bureauocracts want to protect the rights of the moslem rag heads and the first thing the rags will do if they ever get in power is kill all of the lawyers and lifer bureaucrats.