PDA

View Full Version : Car

byoung54
06-25-08, 12:50 PM
Does anyone have a link to that website where you can look up by social security # to see if you rate a Combat Action Ribbon? I know its supposed to be in your DD 214 but it also has details of where you were at the time the ribbon was earned.

Brewer0311
07-14-08, 08:44 AM
https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/pls/apex/f?p=102:1

byoung54
07-14-08, 10:43 AM
your the freakin man brewer! applied as a 0211 yet?

Brewer0311
07-14-08, 11:36 AM
No problem at all. I happened to find it when I was bored at work one day and then saw your post this morning.

I've got to put it on the back burner for a bit. I've got a lot going on with my unit being deployed and my family. I did everything but the board and it all looked good to them. So I think in 6 months when I'm eligible again it will be no problem. I just can't sacrifce the family and my current job. Family will always be there and if I'm not meant to be an 0211 it would reflect badly towards my current unit. I'm just trying to be professional with it and do the right thing. They understand over there and may be able to waive the 6 month wait. I'll just have to see how it plays out in October when my unit gets back. If they can waive the wait then I'll write another paper and do the board while everyone else is on block leave.

byoung54
07-14-08, 11:40 AM
nice... so what are the first intial steps before the board?

Crusader20
07-14-08, 11:50 AM
Brewer

What will it show on this? You are awarded the CAR or Not?

If your name comes up, with correct dates, then you are awarded?

byoung54
07-14-08, 11:58 AM
Brewer

What will it show on this? You are awarded the CAR or Not?

If your name comes up, with correct dates, then you are awarded?

:thumbup: Thats correct Sgt.

Crusader20
07-14-08, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the information.

Will this site show any other awards?

(PS At the main web site, I know the Marine in the 'Veteran Marines' picture. I knew him as GYSGT Waltz, 3/8 lima. It was a shock to see him!! :o)

Brewer0311
07-14-08, 04:47 PM
https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page?_pageid=278,1936571&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

That has links to unit awards and a link for verification of awards. The last and next to last tab on the far left of the screen when it pops up. Hope that helps.

hrscowboy
07-14-08, 05:23 PM
Gentlemen after speaking with an individual at this site he informed me that if its not on your dd-214 you dont rate it. also Vietnam vets are not in this data base according to him..

Brewer0311
07-14-08, 05:30 PM
Gentlemen after speaking with an individual at this site he informed me that if its not on your dd-214 you dont rate it. also Vietnam vets are not in this data base according to him..

That very well be true. I think if you can show where the unit rates the award and where you served with the unit it can be added to your record.

As far as if Vietnam veterans are included I do not know. I'd be willing to bet they are too lazy to put it in the system though.

byoung54
07-14-08, 05:46 PM

Strange my buddy has it on his DD-214, but I dont... Of course he was the Lt Col personal driver and I was in a Humvee about 10 feet away when we got attacked. Guess that 10 feet distance made the difference. :thumbdown green weenie

Backblast
07-17-08, 07:20 AM
I checked hoping my name would be on there. I knew it wouldn't be. We scared the crap out of the Taliban when we landed in 2001. Nobody wanted to fight us. We watched with jealousy as the Cobra pilots got all the play.

Oh well.

I am pretty sure I rate the ACM but I don't know how I would find that out. The medal was awarded three years after I got out. I fit the award description so I imagine I would rate it. If that is the case then I will change my signature pic and drop the GWOTEM.

Brewer0311
07-17-08, 12:41 PM
I am pretty sure I rate the ACM but I don't know how I would find that out. The medal was awarded three years after I got out. I fit the award description so I imagine I would rate it. If that is the case then I will change my signature pic and drop the GWOTEM.

You can only have one or the other. It is completely up to the person whether they want to change to the ACM or not. I know a lot of the guys that do hey the GWOTEM are keeping it becuase they know we are going to Afghanistan next. So they'll have ICM, ACM, and GWOTEM.

Native Warrior
07-18-08, 02:26 PM
That link will not include everyone, I was in Lebanon for 2 tours and Grenada, rating 2 combat action ribbons, but according to this link I don't rate either. I've got the citation, my SRB Awards...