View Full Version : Marine working hard behind the scenes

thedrifter
06-25-08, 06:39 AM
Marine working hard behind the scenes

Posted: June 24, 2008 04:29 PM

Updated: June 24, 2008 06:06 PM
We at WTOC salute Sgt. Tye Bogart.

By Jaime Dailey

BEAUFORT, SC (WTOC) - While some of our troops are on the front lines defending our country, others are in the background doing their part.

Today we extend a WTOC military salute to a United States Marine, who works behind the scenes to serve our country and the men and women who protect it.

Sgt. Tye Bogart may be tucked away in a small office, but he's making a big difference for the Marines within MALS 31. As the non-commisioned officer in his division, it's his job to make sure the computer system within his large squadron is up to speed.

"It's mission capability for the squadron," said Sgt. Bogart. " It's hardware, software, all the networking components to make sure everything is up and running."

While he may not always get credit for what he's doing, Bogart says it's a rewarding job.

"When you're deployed and you can fix someone's emails so they can sen an email home to their wife or loved ones, its very rewarding," he said.

Even though he's been in the Marines just three years, Bogart has made quite a name for himself.

"What made him stand out to me was his work ethic," said Staff Sgt. Vivian Galasso-Alexander. "He's a top notch guy. I can always depend on him, give him any task, that's to me a true sign of a leader, if you will, is that they can take any minimum instruction and run with it and expand it."

Because of that work ethic, he recently got meritoriously promoted to Sergeant

"It's an honor," he said. "It's an honor to be in front of the highest tenured Marines that have 20 years in the Marine Corps saying I deserve to be the next rank. It's an honor."

Sgt. Bogart says just wearing the uniform brings him great pride. "It's the pride I have in knowing that I serve my country," he said. "It's the spirit and discipline of the marines I work with and the comradery I get every day going to work."

For his service and dedication to our country, we at WTOC salute Sgt. Tye Bogart.

Ellie