PDA

View Full Version : From The Warlords

thedrifter
05-07-03, 08:08 AM
From The Warlords <br />
<br />
<br />
Editor's note: The following is an email from a Marine First Sergeant who is now sailing home after 10 months at sea and in Iraq as part of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit....

thedrifter
05-07-03, 08:09 AM
If nothing is going on make the junior Marines sleep and you watch the radios for a few hours.

Every Marine is a driver and should have a license. In Weapons Company that needs to be every Marine from the CO down.

Know what a "short count" is and demand you use them.

Ensure your Marines write letters on anything they can get their hands on. MRE boxes work great. I put a ammo can on my vehicle for outgoing mail. Get the mail out. There is always a way. Pass if off to other units if you have to. Find a helo and give him your mail. Give him a can of dip to do it for you.

Know how to do a range card on a piece of MRE box. Use the GVS-5. We got a distance to everything. Get the word out. If you stop to fix a vehicle close to a town get a distance to a few points and get the word out. You will hear Marines making adjustments on their sights. Only hits count. Know how to esitmate range day and night.

Sir, sorry for going on and on but there is so much more. As a 1stSgt I only paid attention to the little things.

Sempers,

Roger