PDA

View Full Version : The Support of a Good Marine

DobbinsBlythe
06-19-08, 09:25 AM
Is worth more than anything else in the entire world.

We always talk about how the Military spouse should be supportive and uplifting, but I'll tell ya, this last month has been CRAZY.

Recently I've struggled with the people I work with (I work in a very catty environment at a modeling school/agency). Let's just put it this way, I've wanted to quit for about a year now.

The yucky stuff finally hit the fan yesterday, and I put in my resignation with full support of my husband. That support means everything to me.

I guess that satisfaction of knowing I did the right thing, and having that backing from someone I respect and admire as my husband and as a Marine--a professional... that makes all the difference. I'm just braggin'.. I'll quit now.

God Bless

davblay
06-19-08, 09:33 AM
Good on you Maria!

Semper Fi,

Dave

DobbinsBlythe
06-19-08, 09:40 AM
Thanks Dave!

jrhd97
06-19-08, 11:09 AM
Keep braggen, It does your husband good.
I'm glad you guys have each others support, good luck.

AL49BGN
06-19-08, 11:34 AM
Good for you it is very important to have your spouse's support,I am very lucky to have married a wonderful women.I do not know what I would do without her.

0331 Gunner
06-19-08, 02:12 PM
Maria, You can call on the REST of your Marine Corps Family at any time, we'll be there to help in anyway we can. God Bless your husband ! If you need anything or someone to talk or vent, send me an email or call ? Semper Fi, SSgt K

Idena
06-19-08, 07:09 PM
That's the way a good marriage should work! You support him, he supports you, & it's beautiful. Glad you got out of the job - one thing I don't miss about modeling is the unbelievable pettiness & backbiting. Gawd, it's enough to make you claw your own eyes out. Are you back in the job market now?

DobbinsBlythe
06-20-08, 08:35 AM
Definitely. I may just try to find something part time so I can concentrate on getting back into school. I am still teaching for Barbizon, I'm just not going to work for the agency or at the front desk. Those departments are run by a bunch of little girls who never grew up.

Know anyone who's looking for a good young professional woman who can type 95 wpm and 10 key proficient with accounting experience in the Tampa area?

Idena
06-22-08, 08:39 PM
Definitely. I may just try to find something part time so I can concentrate on getting back into school. I am still teaching for Barbizon, I'm just not going to work for the agency or at the front desk. Those departments are run by a bunch of little girls who never grew up.

Know anyone who's looking for a good young professional woman who can type 95 wpm and 10 key proficient with accounting experience in the Tampa area?

Ack, Barbizon? :shudder: Find an independent agent! Do you have a modeling portfolio? Look into promo modeling - it's good (if slightly unreliable) work, especially for someone your age. And then you could pick up something part time on the side AND go to school. Busy, but good money.

Wyoming
06-22-08, 08:51 PM
I'm always looking for a 'young professional woman'!

STOP!!

I was kidding.

Good look on your future, Maria.

DobbinsBlythe
06-23-08, 02:10 PM
Ack, Barbizon? :shudder: Find an independent agent! Do you have a modeling portfolio? Look into promo modeling - it's good (if slightly unreliable) work, especially for someone your age. And then you could pick up something part time on the side AND go to school. Busy, but good money.

Oh I know all about promo modeling. I was mostly there to be a receptionist.. how I became an assistant placement director and a modeling and acting instructor.. beats me. I have no interest in modeling myself.. my priorities are quite a bit higher than that of being at NOPI doing an eagle one demo (I've done it before.. great pay, sucky position).

For now, I'm just chillin in the support of my husband. We're debating on whether or not I should go back to work at all... he thoroughly enjoys the clean apartment and not having to do any laundry ;)
I enjoy cooking.. a lot. Maybe once he re-enters the civilian world, I'll open up my little restaurant I've been dreaming of since I was 12... haha

Vanderveer
07-16-08, 11:32 AM
Congrats, I know you hated that job since I have known you! I know the money is nice when both of you have jobs, but just think about the time that you have with him now.... Mike would so opt for me to be an at home mom and wife for the rest of my life if he thought i would go for it... but I wont, I have my own dreams....lol