PDA

View Full Version : Amtrackers, 1883's

Vandrel
06-18-08, 05:15 PM
Looking to see if any Marines from 2000-2004 range that were in 2nd AA Bn Bravo Co are on here. Trying to get in touch with my fellow trackers from OIF-1.

All Trackers are welcome to post up though :beer:

marine2023
07-12-08, 08:28 PM
YAT-YAS. 2141 from 89-93 in Quantico,VA. Semper Fi

mikehall67
07-24-08, 05:06 PM
I'm not much help since I was there from 1986-1991

Vandrel
12-06-09, 10:26 PM
1 year bump

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:10 PM
I was with 2nd Tracks Bravo Co from 2002-2003. Whats your last name, probably where there when I was.:marine:

Vandrel
12-06-09, 11:17 PM
McCarty from 1st Plt

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:18 PM
McCarty from 1st Plt

Yeah I remember you, I'm Otten from HQ Plt, wern't you with HQ Plt for a bit.:D

Vandrel
12-06-09, 11:20 PM
Yeah I remember you! HQ Plt for half of 02 and during the invasion. Been trying to contact people from back then forever now.

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:22 PM
Yeah I remember you! HQ Plt for half of 02 and during the invasion. Been trying to contact people from back then forever now.

Hahaha thats cool man, yeah I didn't get to go to that sandbox with you guys. Remember I got stuck back with the Detachment On medical hold. Thats life though I guess:p I remember you def for sure though. Semper:beer::beer:

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:28 PM
Yeah thats def cool man, I've been trying to get in touch with some of the guys myself. The only guy I still talk with is Cpl Owen, me and him worked in the Co Office, not sure if you remember him. Me and him became good friends after we got out, we stay in touch to this day:marine:

Vandrel
12-06-09, 11:30 PM
It's been hard to try and keep track of the group from back then man. I used to have a company recall roster of everyone back then but lost it with a hard drive crash. I always wanted to look into putting together a little Bravo OIF1 reunion or something but over the years it's been a tough task just remember the names.

I just got out this July and some of the old faces were still hanging around that you might remember,
MSgt Wilson (Master Guns now)
SSgt Underwood (Gunny now)
Sgt Acord (Gunny now)
Sgt Brownlow (Gunny)
Sgt Carmen (SSgt)
Sgt Owen-Dirty Doug (SSgt)
Sgt Novak (Gunny)
Sgt Wallace (SSgt)
Cpl Haynes (He got out last year and went to Oceanside)
LCpl Taylor-Lucas (SSgt)
Cpl Hocker, not sure if you recall him but he got out back then and came back in 2 years ago as a 35 year old Cpl

Some others floating around but those are off the top of my head. I still keep in touch with a few guys from 1st and 2nd Plt that have got out.

Vandrel
12-06-09, 11:32 PM
I remember Owen, havn't seen him since we all got back from the invasion in 03. I think he was only around for a week or so after we got back. Did he ever patch things up with his girl from back then?

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:35 PM
It's been hard to try and keep track of the group from back then man. I used to have a company recall roster of everyone back then but lost it with a hard drive crash. I always wanted to look into putting together a little Bravo OIF1 reunion or something but over the years it's been a tough task just remember the names.

I just got out this July and some of the old faces were still hanging around that you might remember,
MSgt Wilson (Master Guns now)
SSgt Underwood (Gunny now)
Sgt Acord (Gunny now)
Sgt Brownlow (Gunny)
Sgt Carmen (SSgt)
Sgt Owen-Dirty Doug (SSgt)
Sgt Novak (Gunny)
Sgt Wallace (SSgt)
Cpl Haynes (He got out last year and went to Oceanside)
LCpl Taylor-Lucas (SSgt)
Cpl Hocker, not sure if you recall him but he got out back then and came back in 2 years ago as a 35 year old Cpl

Some others floating around but those are off the top of my head. I still keep in touch with a few guys from 1st and 2nd Plt that have got out.

Yeah I knew top was a Master Gunns up at Bn in S4, I remember Carmen, Haynes, Novak, Underwood, and Taylor. Thats cool dude, I think a reunion would be cool. Not sure If I would be able to attend since I didn't deploy with you guys.

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:36 PM
I remember Owen, havn't seen him since we all got back from the invasion in 03. I think he was only around for a week or so after we got back. Did he ever patch things up with his girl from back then?

Na they split, he has fiance now, and a kid with her. He is doing pretty good.:marine:

Vandrel
12-06-09, 11:40 PM
Deployed or not still part of the company :D

I think you'd be shocked out things are going these days. Most of the trackers have never had their feet wet outside of the school house. There's some that even make it to Sgt and maybe have been on 1 water op in the fleet. All of the companies are stuck in a deployment cycle and it's been pretty rough for the battalion, train for 6 months then deploy for 6-7 and come back to train for the next deployment.

I'll have to stop by and talk to Wilson this week, he always likes to keep in touch with old crew guys. I work on base now as a contractor at the simulation center, been trying to get old Master Guns to come work with me after he retires.

Vandrel
12-06-09, 11:42 PM
Na they split, he has fiance now, and a kid with her. He is doing pretty good.:marine:
Very cool, tell him I said congrats. I got married as well in October of 03, 6 years later still kicking and got 2 kids as well.

I still tell my wife stories about living with Owen in the barracks and watching him play XBOX live, he used to get so ****ed at people on there.

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:45 PM
Deployed or not still part of the company :D

I think you'd be shocked out things are going these days. Most of the trackers have never had their feet wet outside of the school house. There's some that even make it to Sgt and maybe have been on 1 water op in the fleet. All of the companies are stuck in a deployment cycle and it's been pretty rough for the battalion, train for 6 months then deploy for 6-7 and come back to train for the next deployment.

I'll have to stop by and talk to Wilson this week, he always likes to keep in touch with old crew guys. I work on base now as a contractor at the simulation center, been trying to get old Master Guns to come work with me after he retires.

That would be great dude, give Wilson my # its 309-297-9265. I went home on leave with him a few times, We got along well, he is from here where I am at. Thats crazy on the ops man, hell I did a double cax, two ship ops, and out in the field all the time with Bravo, Plus some splashes off shore from time to time. All in about 8 months lol. Thats def cool though I would love to see a reunion. Hey what was our Gunnys name we had at the end of 2002, and do you know what happened to SSgt Russo, and Sgt Mcgunees.

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:46 PM
Very cool, tell him I said congrats. I got married as well in October of 03, 6 years later still kicking and got 2 kids as well.

I still tell my wife stories about living with Owen in the barracks and watching him play XBOX live, he used to get so ****ed at people on there.

Yeah remember it was me and Owen playing Halo, and drinking our Gallon of Captain Morgans every Sat haha. Those where fun times lol. I was gonna say I thought you where Dave's roomate for a while. :D:D Yeah I got Married right before I got out, was married almost 5 years, and then we split.:marine:

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:50 PM
Congrats on the Wife and Kids man. Thats cool dude:marine:

Vandrel
12-06-09, 11:53 PM
That would be great dude, give Wilson my # its 309-297-9265. I went home on leave with him a few times, We got along well, he is from here where I am at. Thats crazy on the ops man, hell I did a double cax, two ship ops, and out in the field all the time with Bravo, Plus some splashes off shore from time to time. All in about 8 months lol. Thats def cool though I would love to see a reunion. Hey what was our Gunnys name we had at the end of 2002, and do you know what happened to SSgt Russo, and Sgt Mcgunees.

Sure thing man, I'll see if he's around tomorrow during lunch. I'm sure he'd love to catch up, he's been going through a divorce this year and his son-in-law go killed in Afghanistan so times are rough for him.

Let's, we had SSgt Corea from Supply but I have not heard from that guy since 2003, he dropped off of Marine Online so I guess he got out. I can't recall the other SNCO's in HQ other then SSgt Russo who is still a SSgt if you can beleive that and is out on recruiting duty right now same as McGinnis which I think he's a SSgt still but now sure cause he got a DUI on recruiting. Funny part about him, he went to ATL for duty and his OIC was Capt Harris, now Major.

Yeah remember it was me and Owen playing Halo, and drinking our Gallon of Captain Morgans every Sat haha. Those where fun times lol. I was gonna say I thought you where Dave's roomate for a while. :D:D Yeah I got Married right before I got out, was married almost 5 years, and then we split.:marine:
Yeah I remember now! Long nights of drinking and Dominos Pizza.

echo3oscar1833
12-07-09, 12:00 AM
Sure thing man, I'll see if he's around tomorrow during lunch. I'm sure he'd love to catch up, he's been going through a divorce this year and his son-in-law go killed in Afghanistan so times are rough for him.

Let's, we had SSgt Corea from Supply but I have not heard from that guy since 2003, he dropped off of Marine Online so I guess he got out. I can't recall the other SNCO's in HQ other then SSgt Russo who is still a SSgt if you can beleive that and is out on recruiting duty right now same as McGinnis which I think he's a SSgt still but now sure cause he got a DUI on recruiting. Funny part about him, he went to ATL for duty and his OIC was Capt Harris, now Major.

Yeah I remember now! Long nights of drinking and Dominos Pizza.

Damn thats crazy didn't see SSgt Russo, or SSgt McGunnis doing recruiting duty. Needs of the Corps huh lol. Ahhh yes Captain Harris, he's a Major now that's cool. Things change I guess, yeah I remember McGunnis drinking alot, he was a good Marine I always thought though. Yeah me and Dave used to drink and party, we order wings one night, Im not sure if you remember but they gave us plain wings, with no sauce one night. Then we called them back, and told them we needed sauce. Bastards brought cold sauce, Dave got so ****ed he chucked it across the Rec Room it ended up all over the wall. I remember some boot having to clean it up the next day haha. That **** was funny as hell lol. :D

Vandrel
12-07-09, 12:03 AM
Ah yes, the awsome Dominos boneless wings.

Well I'm hoping off for the night man, got work in the morning. Shoot me a email sometime or just PM me, I'll be on here. mccarty2003@yahoo.com

Semper Fi bro

echo3oscar1833
12-07-09, 12:03 AM
Yeah Def give Wilson my best man, I didn't know that about his Son-In-Law. I met him once. He was a good Marine, I can't remember his name. I tried calling Top a few times at Bn, but he was out of the office during those times.

echo3oscar1833
12-07-09, 12:06 AM
yeah def man, I will add you to my email bro. I will let Dave know I talked with you. Best bet is to PM me on here, I'm a regular on this site man. Night bro Semper Fi:beer: