PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about Boot...

CrazyBrave83
05-06-03, 05:21 PM
Just wondering a few things about boot...basically what I should bring. I know I'm told to bring the MINIMUM (somwhere else in this forum it was put as 'Bring what you were born with and what you're wearing'...but I'm wondering if I can bring

a) A little address book with people's addresses
and
b) A knee brace...not that I really need it, I run without it, I'm just wondering if it comes down to it can I bring a knee brace for athletics?

Sorry if either are stupid questions I'd just like to know. Mind you that the knee has been fine running without the brace, but when I first injured my knee they gave me the brace to wear when I ran. So I was just curious.

Thanks.

greensideout
05-06-03, 06:53 PM
a)---Take it along. If your DI doesn't want you to have it you will mail it home.

b)---What was it that you read and then wrote? MINIMUM?
What part of MINIMUM don't you understand?
Kiss the brace goodby!

USMC-FO
05-06-03, 07:57 PM
You were born into this world with nothing....bring nothing to PI because you will be re-born.

What the Corps wants you to have they will issue it too you.

05-07-03, 07:37 AM
A: The Drill Instructor I talked to a few months ago said it was ok to bring a little adress book, but it probably depends on the DI, I'd bring one worst that can happen is they take it and mail it home with the rest of your stuff.

B: I doubt they'd let you keep it if you brought it, if you really need one they will probably issue you one.

CrazyBrave83
05-07-03, 10:56 AM
Thanks all of you for clearing that up...
You're helping this Poolee get his bearings. :D

Sixguns
05-09-03, 05:39 AM
That's why the Marine Corps spent all that money on the Poolee Welcome Aboard Package!!!! In the book, you willfind the answers to your questions. You can also ask your recruiter and his NCOIC before you ship to training. This is normally covered in a pre-ship screening that is conducted before you go back to MEPS for that special day when you will head to MCRD.

SIXGUNS

leroy8541
05-12-03, 06:44 PM
If you need a knee brace to run already you are prolly going to DQ, And I don't mean Dairy Queen. If you have an injury you better tell someone before you leave it will only get worse in boot and...

Sixguns
05-18-03, 08:27 PM
Knee braces for training? uh.... NO! How did you explain the knee brace to your recruiter and the MEPS doctor? Who directed you to wear one/use it? Are there medical notes/records on it? THe best advice was stated above. If the almighty brought you into this world bringing nothing, than the holy creatures at PI would expect the same!!! No offense to the 8511s, but everyone knows 8411s and 8412s make MARINES!!!!

SF,