PDA

View Full Version : US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq

thedrifter
06-16-08, 08:50 AM
US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq <br />
<br />
Jun 15 05:48 PM US/Eastern <br />
<br />
A month after US army reservist Matthis Chiroux publicly refused to deploy to Iraq, the former sergeant on...

OB MSG
06-16-08, 09:16 AM
Ok, what part of "you signed the line" doesn't this guy understand. My wife thought I was going to get called back in 2004, when I was on the IRR list, and jokingly said that she would take me to Canada. I looked her dead in the eye and said, "I won't be that guy." She dropped it right there because she knew I took this very seriously.

We are a volunteer military, when we sign those contracts, that is what it is and more. It's a symbol of your honor that you are going to give the branch you sign to the full time that you sign up for. I knew when I went that I would have to give eight years. I served a little over six on active duty and I knew there was a possibility that I would get called in the twenty months I had left on the IRR. Did I lose sleep over it, no, because I knew that I had signed myself to it. No one held a gun to my head, no one told me I had to sign or I would be a worthless or whatever.

I know I may never know what it's like to be in a combat zone, to have bullets whiz past me or watch a comrade die, I've been lucky, others haven't. If this guy doesn't want to go back because of that, then he needs to speak up. He's saying that this war is unconstitutional and illegal. Umm, hmm, we follow orders first, then we question them, or we go through the proper chains.

I don't know, I guess in my book this guy is just weak and didn't want to own up to the responsibility of the contract he signed.

Quinbo
06-16-08, 10:56 AM
I agree OB .... he signed a doggone contract and if he was stationed in the Philipenes. Lucky him. Time for your turn in the barrel as a bullet sponge and go crying home to mommy. Ahh the bonus and the college freakin pay it back and run to Canada. That **** should even be in the news. Tell him to put on a pink shirt and run to berkely.

SgtHMH
06-16-08, 01:21 PM
They just came out with a movie like this about a Army Soilder get deployed again. He must have watch it. In the start of the whole War back in 2001 there was a Marine L/Cpl in Hayward that refused to show up to his unit and he missed the movement out. He finally showed up two days later, first he said he did not want to kill anyone and then he said he was gay. This was all on the NEWS back then, I don't remember the L/Cpl name. It is better for them to not go over there because they will put someone in danger with their attitude. I would raither not have them in or there if I was still in, because they might be the ones on watch protecting you and end up getting you killed. Think about this and their messed up attitudes and what can happen in the zone.

Semper Fi

tripledog
06-16-08, 04:43 PM
Unfornuately for the rest of the u.s.a.. there are pieces of **** in the military.

JRHD72
06-16-08, 05:07 PM
Let the SOB make small rocks outta big ones! Better yet send him to china he's yellow n would fit right in.

thedrifter
06-17-08, 07:11 AM
Former journalist refuses to report for duty with Army <br />
By Leo Shane III, Stars and Stripes <br />
Mideast edition, Tuesday, June 17, 2007 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
WASHINGTON — A former Army journalist recalled to active...

NamNuts
06-17-08, 09:33 AM
Because plenty of people(ya know morons)in this country, even those that say they took an oath or pledge....DON'T!
Hell this man and a Senator displays his disdain for flag openly!

Their leader and possibly the next "Commander In Chief"

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5443&d=1213711603

Eric Hood
06-17-08, 02:20 PM
This kills me. The little jerk gets all the press. How about one story about a Marine receiving the Navy Cross? The press swear they" support the troops". Yeah, well print some pro troops stories!
Semper Fi,
Eric:usmc:

yellowwing
06-17-08, 02:56 PM
Too many of our sons have bled in Iraq for this "sgt" to step back and say No. Its ulimately selfish.

Jim Oliver
06-17-08, 05:29 PM
He needs to pony up or go to jail, then be deported to Iraq or Iran.

Too many have bled and died for this putz to pull this BS

NamNuts
06-17-08, 05:40 PM
Here's this U.S.Army maggot http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/38961-sgt-matthis-chiroux-refuses-to-return-to-iraq

mcvet57103
06-19-08, 09:52 PM
Mt step son earns three purple hearts in 8 days serving in Afghanistan and ths puke won't honor the oath he took at enlistment. I bet he does his Daddy and Mommy proud. Can you hear the gushing praise? "My son was to cowardly to defend the freedoms that gave him the chance to be a coward" "We are sooooo proud of him!"

Cpl Keller
06-20-08, 12:11 AM
As much as i think he's obligated, i have to agree with this. So keep him here for the rest of his time, and give him every **** detail there is. If he pulls any more crap, dishonorable discharge and...

CBS
06-22-08, 09:11 AM
He has a contractial obligation...tha's the legal side. He has a moral obligation as a man and he is failing both. Congress ( self-serving ego maniacs ) need to re-instate the draft but they have NO clankers...two years obligation...what's the big deal...can't everyone pay some respect to their country ? Item two, can anyone refuse to fight if they don't agree with the conflict / war ? Past history indicates serious trouble for those who have tried and he should be no different. Congress opened this door.....whom do you think should close it ?

SEMPER FI....>Chuck

CBS
06-22-08, 09:18 AM
I'm NOT impressed with his prepared statement by some scum-bag lawyer. His life
must really be in danger as a photo-jounalist, eh ? Poor guy......I feel for him...sob...
sob...sob...! " Just can't handle the truth"

SF......>Chuck

rktect3j
06-22-08, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure I fully understand here.

The guy is on IRR and doesn't want to go back inot active duty and his daddy thinks they should start the draft up, stirring the pot, before exhausting other legal means of filling the ranks?

As posted above, what part of "you signed the contract" don't you understand?

m60mudmarine
06-22-08, 12:26 PM
My fellow Marine’s I believe I have come up with a solution for those that won’t or refuse to serve our country, you noticed I did not say their country. I’ve posted a blog its entitled Freedom Tax, please review it & post your comments; I’d be most interested in what my brother Marines have to say. Now when that poor excuse for a dog face signed up he was thinking about the beanies, school, the GI Bill, plus that snazzy uniform with all the those ribbons & badges that the Army adorns their uniforms with, hey kid wake up it’s time to earn them so. So now that he’s gotten his orders for boots on the ground in Iraq he’s having second thoughts, tough crap you signed up now stop your boo hoo hooing & step up to the plate, just one grunts opinion.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Semper Fi.

Pete0331
06-22-08, 12:50 PM
He signed the contract, that simple.
I wouldn't want him serving next to me in a war zone.

mcvet57103
06-22-08, 01:29 PM
He signed the contract, that simple.
I wouldn't want him serving next to me in a war zone.I'd rather have him serving where his comrades could frag his sorry a$$, or stand him in front of the rest of them in a fire fight as a shield if he is to chicken-sh*t to fire his rifle, than back here making the whole country look bad, and being protected by the pink pu$$ies out in California, and the rest of the cowards in this country who refuse to serve.:devious: