PDA

View Full Version : Rct. Warden (Update from PI)

Wardey
06-14-08, 07:32 AM
Havn't posted on here for awhile but wanted to give everyone an update on my son in PI. He loves it ????? Have you ever heard ANYONE say that they love BC ???:confused::D He say's the first couple of weeks were pretty mental but the physical side has been a piece of cake. He says he has self confidence that he never thought existed. He feels he can acomplish anything. The towers he said were pretty intense and a total adrenaline rush. He is really proud of their marching. Quote: " Dad, I can't wait for you to see us march". He also say's " Dad, You would love it here".:D Well I too damn old now !!! But if I could be with him I would be. He say's his platoon are all brothers now and they all watch each others back. When he first got to PI he was concerned with his bunk mate. I guess he was a little overweight and was causing to platoon alot of "attention" from the DI's. Now the DI's are making him run more so my son say's "Hey, I love to run. I'll run with you". So Dave is pushing him and helping him. Now they are buddies. I think we have a up and coming ,life long Marine here !!!! I can't tell you the feeling I have in my heart right now as I type this. I have never never been so proud of my son. Yes I miss him greatly but I realize he is a man now and it is time for him to make his life. It just makes me want to yell out, OoooooRaaa!!!!! My cell is on me 24hrs straight waiting for the first call from him. It would be a great Fathers Day gift to have a call from him so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone on here for the support and Happy Flag Day !!!! Dave

Wardey
06-14-08, 07:34 AM
P.S. I guess they were taining with the sticks and Dave knocked the mouth piece out of another Recruit, so the DI say's" Rct. Warden, if you knock it out again, you can have a call home". Dave say's "Dad, I tried but he had a pretty tough jaw, but i'll try harder next time".:D That's my son !!! Dave

Backblast
06-14-08, 08:50 AM
Good to go. I am glad to hear that he is making it through honorably. You must be proud.

Old Marine
06-14-08, 08:59 AM
Many Recruits enjoy being at Boot Camp. I had many tell me that it was very easy most of the time.

darkgreen0311
06-14-08, 12:47 PM
That's great he will continue to make you proud. We all strive to make our parents proud no matter what endeavor we pursue. I was just finishing up writing a letter to my sister's friend son. He's in boot camp write now at P.I. Just giving him some words of encouragement.

:marine::flag:Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Backblast
06-14-08, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately, my Dad could really give a rat's A$$ about what I did. Same with mom. At least I have a proud wife.

ScottsMom
06-17-08, 02:33 PM
My son also said he LOVED boot camp, he also loved SOI. I didn't find it odd, I was just so darn happy that he was happy and that it looked like he had finally found his calling.

usnusmc2mom
06-17-08, 07:24 PM
my son (LCPL now) actually said boot at PI was much easier than he thought it would be; he was prepared for absolute misery - he said it was tough but no more than he expected. He's doing great, and more than a year after his boot camp graduation still is happy with his decision and we're so darned proud of him and everything he accomplished. Best of luck to your sons & daughters

Wardey
06-18-08, 02:29 PM
He say's the hardest thing is to try and keep a straight face at some of the stuff the DI's say. He said they are funny as chit with some stuff. I guess Marine Officers from all over the World come to PI and some of the recruits get to have lunch with them. He was one of them and said it was awesome !!! They had a 4 hour lunch and he said the food was GREAT !!! Only bad news is he has to get his wisdom teeth pulled but this won't interfear with his grad date. Still hav'nt got a call yet. Dave

ScottsMom
06-19-08, 11:39 AM
I waited and waited for a call knowing full well that IF I did ever receive one it would be due to something being wrong or it would have been the Sunday after the Crucible. I never got a call but looking back now, I'm kind of glad I didn't. It made seeing my son that much more special and exciting!

proudashellmama
06-19-08, 03:26 PM
So far we have 7 letters and each one gets better and better... What great stories they will have right? I laugh 'til I cry. The only thing that seems to suck is that his whole platoon is sick, including him. Told us he had bronchitis, wrote a letter to our son saying he had pneumonia. Doesn't want to go to sick bay to be held back. I guess we shall see what he does....

Wardey
07-19-08, 09:51 AM
Quick update : Only a little less than 2 weeks to go !!! He is still loving it. He had to have (4) wisdom teeth removed the Friday before last but was back at it on Monday. He now has the rank of PFC in which only (11) recruits were awarded. He was picked from his platoon to go for the "iron mike" award and his DI's are pushing him really hard to get this. He thinks they want it more than him. I havn't received a phone call but I still receive about 2 letters a week and thet are usually about 5 pages long. He is so proud of his platoon. The SDI pulled him aside and told him that they had never seen a Marine with more heart than him. That really meant alot to him and of course, me. He is so proud of PI and can not wait to show us around. Anyhow, just a quick update. Dave

CplKJSpevak
07-19-08, 09:57 AM
Dave, glad to hear this!

yellowwing
07-19-08, 09:58 AM
Great to hear he's doing well. Does he have an MOS picked out?

Wardey
07-19-08, 03:29 PM
Thank you. He is doing the Motor Vehicle Transport. I hope he changes to something he can use in the future. At the time he enlisted, there were only a couple of MOS's available. Communications and MVT. I wanted him to go with the comm but he wanted the glamerous life as a gunner on a hummer.:mad: He is pre-qualified as "sharpshooter" with a score of 218 but he did shoot a 227 and hopes to qualify as "expert". I haven't heard from him to find out how he did. I am very proud of him. I don't have the slightest idea where he got his shooting skills at;)......:DDave

Wardey
07-25-08, 07:21 AM
13 days to go !!!! He qualified "expert" on the range and he is PFC !!! I am really proud of him. All he says in his letters is how much better he is as a person and how much they learned in 13 weeks at boot. He was a model son when he went in, never gave me any problems. I can't wait to see him now. He says he knows some of them will be shipped to Iraq or elsewhare and how much he is going to miss his new brothers. He can't believe how far they have come with working with each other. I am very proud of him as you can see !!! Next is "Crucible" . Dave

ScottsMom
07-26-08, 06:28 AM
I'm a little teary eyed reading your post, good for your son. Congratulations!!

mikysmom
07-26-08, 07:31 AM
he has a chance to call on liberty sunday i think from noon till 4:00 the lines are long so wait by the phone that is the sunday before grad good luck

Wardey
07-26-08, 08:17 AM
Thank you all. Liberty Sunday is the Sunday after the Crucible ? Dave

usnusmc2mom
07-26-08, 08:24 AM
Liberty Sunday is the Sunday before graduation week. They have 4 hours of base liberty. They get to go to the stores, buys some junk food, have the first sodas they've had since arrival and try to get some time at the phones. thye all gorge themselves and are literally bouncing off of the walls because of the sugar and caffeine in everything. they love it

Wardey
07-26-08, 04:13 PM
:):):D I can't wait to get up there. Dave

Wardey
07-29-08, 10:41 AM
Got a letter from him yesterday and he said to expect a call tomorrow (Wednesday) before they start Crucible. They get Liberty then. Dave