PDA

View Full Version : mos change.

Whitey
06-13-08, 04:02 PM
So I'm inching closer daily to getting dropped from NACCS for a medical condition causing me to be deaf in my left ear. I was thinking maybe to try for combat engineer when I get my 3 choices.

what other things out there should I consider that i'm not thinking of?

I also was wondering what I could expect in combat engineer school.

yellowwing
06-13-08, 04:48 PM
I've looked through some of your previous posts. You are one of the most Motivated folks out there. Combat Engineer would give you more travel opportunities. Whatever you finally decide, you will do well. Ohh-rahh! :iwo:

SmokinGuns
06-14-08, 10:07 AM
if you pick combat engineer you might get sent to Ft. leonard wood to be an engineer asst. there are like 5 guys here that had it happen to them.

tho it may be different for you because you are changing MOS's

Whitey
06-14-08, 10:17 AM
is that a guy that holds the plank as the other guy uses a sledge hammer or something?

SmokinGuns
06-14-08, 11:24 AM
lmfao

Negative. We survey and do civil drawings.

we are basically civil engineers

davblay
06-14-08, 11:32 AM
Whitey, there's nothing wrong with the engineer line! I was a 1341 (engineer Eguipment mechanic) myself. but ther are other jobs, operators on heavy equipment and such. Yes most of those schools are at Fort Leonardwood Mo. But that's the way it is nowadays in the Corps.

Remember all MOSs are in direct support of the Infantry, so it's all good and needed jobs in our Corps! I personally was a mechanic before I enlisted, so I found a home doing what I did best at the time.

Good Luck and Semper Fi, my brother,

Dave