PDA

View Full Version : thank you davblay

DAMNPROUD
06-13-08, 01:54 PM
Sir,
thank you for taking the time to send letters to my recruit.he is currently in grass week and doing well.he has sent you a thank you note i hope you have received it.this has meant alot to him,thanks again.

keith

davblay
06-13-08, 05:29 PM
Sir,
thank you for taking the time to send letters to my recruit.he is currently in grass week and doing well.he has sent you a thank you note i hope you have received it.this has meant alot to him,thanks again.

keith

No sir......THANK YOU for sending me his address. It has been my pleasure to write to him and hopefully keep him motovated one more day while he is there! Your son is one of many recruits I write to each and every week in Boot Camp. I feel that if I can bring a smile to thier face, for one moment, during one day, during one week, then it's worth it to me!

Again, Don't thank me Sir, THANK YOU, for having a son that is part of the future of my Corps. I did get his letter, and I appreciate the time he took to write me, but I always tell my pups to use that time to write the ones they love and Friends! It humbles me to perform this meager task to help them succeed, Sir!

Semper Fi Sir, and I know your Son will be a fine example for our Corps' future recruits after him!

Dave

Big Jim
06-13-08, 07:31 PM
No sir......THANK YOU for sending me his address. It has been my pleasure to write to him and hopefully keep him motovated one more day while he is there! Your son is one of many recruits I write to each and every week in Boot Camp. I feel that if I can bring a smile to thier face, for one moment, during one day, during one week, then it's worth it to me!

Again, Don't thank me Sir, THANK YOU, for having a son that is part of the future of my Corps. I did get his letter, and I appreciate the time he took to write me, but I always tell my pups to use that time to write the ones they love and Friends! It humbles me to perform this meager task to help them succeed, Sir!

Semper Fi Sir, and I know your Son will be a fine example for our Corps' future recruits after him!

Dave

DAM DAVE...YOU'RE ALL HEART, BROTHER...THE SERVICE YOU DO DESERVES RECOGNITION, NOT JUST FROM ME, BUT FROM EVERYONE. IF I COULD GIVE YOU A MEDAL OR PROMOTION...I WOULD.

jrhd97
06-13-08, 10:08 PM
Dave ...... a part of a dieing breed ...... a gentelmen. S/F Dave.

davblay
06-13-08, 10:19 PM
Thanks Jim, but I am only doing my job brother! I feel like I owe the Corps something, after all they gave me the best years of my life! I want all of you to know I ask, nor do I expect, any recognition for just doing what I want to do! I have the time on my hands and some of these recruits appreciate the mail. My goal is this, simply this, to give to my younger Brothers and Sisters! If I help one recruit in my life time, it's all worth the time I put into it!

This being the internet and all, well....... you can see that the odds of me ever meeting any of these fine Marines is slim to none, But I had the God given pleasure to write to two Marines from my home town that I have known all thier lives! No Jim please don't admire me or thank me.....I am only doing my job for these fine poolees turned recruits! After all, without them there would be no Corps in the future! I wish I could write to everyone of them! GOD BLESS them, each and every one!

Thanks for you comments though Jim, and Semper Fi! :beer:

Dave

davblay
06-13-08, 10:20 PM
Dave ...... a part of a dieing breed ...... a gentelmen. S/F Dave.

Corporal, you may not have any idea how true that statement is brother! Amen!

Dave

SGT7477
06-13-08, 10:44 PM
You're doing a fine job Dave, Semper FI and Carry On.

ianmusto
06-13-08, 11:37 PM
Oohrah Cpl.

DAMNPROUD
06-14-08, 05:37 PM
just an update all of my recruits letters have been very positive until today.he is very sick with a fever congestion and constant headaches.he will not go to his DI because he is afraid of being dropped.this kid never complains,i must say im very concerned.

keith

Poolee1991
06-14-08, 08:09 PM
I just wanted to let you know that it's Marines like you who keep me motivated to stay on track in this journey in becoming a Marine. The camaraderie amongst you men and women makes me what this more than anything. I've seen your posts throughout this entire forum and it's a great feeling knowing that Marines like you are taking the time out to help us prepare for this grand challenge. Thank you for all your advice. I'm sure you've made a big difference in alot of future Marines lives.

FistFu68
06-14-08, 08:11 PM
:evilgrin: YOU'R A DAM GOOD MARINE CPL.BLAYLOCK D.W.S/F OOHRAH:evilgrin::iwo:

Phantom Blooper
06-14-08, 10:01 PM
And on the 7th day God created the Marines!

Thanks Dave!

I sent a few letters out from the addresses you gave and....yes if you can make a young recruit have the motivation for the long haul it does a body and mind good! You are doing well!:beer:

Keep it up as long as you are able!

Semper-Fi!:flag:

:evilgrin:

davblay
06-14-08, 10:05 PM
just an update all of my recruits letters have been very positive until today.he is very sick with a fever congestion and constant headaches.he will not go to his DI because he is afraid of being dropped.this kid never complains,i must say im very concerned.

keith

Sir to quote your sone in his letter to me:

(quote) "theis recruit has intiial drill in 3 days and is looking forward to the gas mask and chamber coming up soon. Training for this recruit is going smooth" (unquote).

Sir, your son is a very determined Recruit and I think he will do what he has to do before he gets to sick to treat! The DIs will notice if he is "OUT OF NORM", as well. He will be fine, I am sure, even if he has to go to the hospital or what ever, it will be better than training with pneumonia or worse! But I feel safe in saying that it will have to be pretty bad for them to drop him at this stage! Lets trust the DIs, what say?

Try not to worry, lets see what he says in his next letter, ok?

Semper Fi Pops,

Dave

DAMNPROUD
06-15-08, 09:49 AM
thank you for the reply davblay.i basicly said the same thing to my wife last night.it sounded much better to her coming from you.

keith

davblay
06-15-08, 10:12 AM
thank you for the reply davblay.i basicly said the same thing to my wife last night.it sounded much better to her coming from you.

keith

Keith tell the wife that he is in good hands, oh they won't baby him like she would, but he will be fine. One of the conceptions of Boot Camp is to toughen them up and harden their skin and nurse their wounds (so to speak) after the battle is over! Right now his Mission, his Battle, is completing Boot Camp. He is focused on that one objective! That and the fact that he don't want to spend one extra day on the island, LOL!

The Trained eye if the DIs are constantly watching him, if he faulteres, they will catch him and if he is sick, they will send him to sick call! Trust me, they don't like dropping recruits anymore than the recruits like getting dropped at this stage! I have seen recruits come home for emergency leave or spend up to three days in the hospital, but the SDI kept them and thay graduated with thier platoon, so lets just pray all is well enough that he will to, ok?

I know you, and she, will worry, but try to leave it in the hands of the professionals! Those guys have been training Marines for over 232 years now! Send him encouragment in your letters. Do not show pity, he doesn't need that right now!

Semper Fi Keith and Mrs. Brimmer,

Dave

SgtThrasher
06-15-08, 01:53 PM
DAM DAVE...YOU'RE ALL HEART, BROTHER...THE SERVICE YOU DO DESERVES RECOGNITION, NOT JUST FROM ME, BUT FROM EVERYONE. IF I COULD GIVE YOU A MEDAL OR PROMOTION...I WOULD.

Roger that,Big Jim

Cpl Blaylock, you're a fine Marine and friend.:evilgrin:

DAMNPROUD
06-27-08, 10:38 AM
Another update .received a letter yesterday and the recruit scored "expert" on the rifle range.there is a noticeable diference in his letter,he sounds very much in charge of himself.he is motovated...