PDA

View Full Version : Mother of U.S. Marines Assaulted by Chinese Communist Spies

thedrifter
06-09-08, 07:50 AM
Mother of U.S. Marines Assaulted by Chinese Communist Spies
By Chang Jing and Yi Ping
Epoch Times Washington, D.C. Staff

Since May 17 when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started inciting mobs to verbally and physically assault Falun Gong practitioners in Flushing, New York, Judy Chen, mother of two U.S. marine and one of the victims of such assaults, has traveled to Washington, D.C. from New York several times to call for emergency rescue actions by the U.S. government and Congress. She also sent a letter to the President of the United States to make the same appeal.

Chen said, "My two sons are fighting bravely in Iraq for America's justice and freedom right now, but their mother, who is living in their homeland, has been attacked and threatened by CCP spies when she is exercising her human rights and freedom of speech guaranteed by U.S. the constitution."

With sadness she recounted what happened in Flushing three weeks ago, "On May 19, I was doing volunteer work distributing materials as usual at the 'Quit CCP Service Center.' All of a sudden, two or three hundred pro-CCP Chinese came to the service center and started cursing at us and harassing us for our distribution of the materials. They committed physical attacks on us until the police separated them from us with barrier."

"At about 11:00 a.m. a middle-aged woman came to curse at the 'Quit CCP Service Center' volunteers, and as I used my video camera to record this scene, she dashed toward me and tried to grab my camera. I tried my best to protect the camera but that woman beat me up. She hit me on my head and neck and scratched my hands very brutally and roughly."

"She cursed us while beating me up with words to dirty for me to repeat. She came to me again after her first wave of beating and pounded me twice, and then she threatened me arrogantly, saying: 'I am an American citizen, and I am not afraid of killing you.' A man standing next to her said, 'You'd better be careful because I will kill you.' He also said, 'I'll remember your face because I'm going to kill you.'"

After they left Chen reported to New York City Police that she was beaten up and injured. "My hands and mouth were injured and they still hurt. My hands were also scratched by their nails."

"I have been living in the U.S. for 29 years now and this scene was really a huge shock for me," said Chen. "It was like I was back in mainland China experiencing the Cultural Revolution again. I felt like the CCP has invaded my backyard."

The Cultural Revolution has been a deep scar in her heart, said Chen.

Chen's father fled to Taiwan before the communist regime seized power, but all her family members were left behind in mainland China. Because of their relatives abroad, her families in China suffered ruthless persecution. Her two half brothers died during the Great Famine. Her half sister was persecuted so badly that nobody even dared to marry her. Of her seven aunts, only two survived the Cultural Revolution. Having experienced the CCP's tyranny, Chen has resented the regime since she was a kid.

Later on Chen married and immigrated to the U.S. "My husband owns a restaurant. I led a carefree life, having fun with many friends from time to time. At that time I smoked and drank a lot."

But practicing Falun Gong helped her quit smoking and drinking eight years ago. Everyone said she looked ten years younger than before. Chen said, "This is how I have benefited most from the practice."

"I practice Falun Gong and benefit from it, and that's why I chose to tell people the truth about Falun Gong and the cruel persecution it has suffered for nine years in China. I wish my fellow Chinese people would not be fooled by the CCP's lies, so I volunteered at the 'Quit CCP Service Center' in Flushing since 2005."

Chen and her husband set up an information booth in front of the Queens Library to dispense materials about the CCP's evil deeds. "We take this job very seriously and have not missed a single day since then," said Chen. "The booth has stood here for four years, rain or shine."

When asked about her three children, Chen's face lightened up with a loving smile. Her eldest and second son graduated from the State University of Pennsylvania and University of Indiana, respectively. She said proudly, "My children are all good kids and they are outstanding. One of them used to be an Honor Student and a football star. As their mother, I am very proud of them."

Her two sons were inspired by their mother's changes after practicing Falun Gong. They said, "Mom, you are protesting the violence peacefully. We go to the war frontiers also to fight for peace. We'll do our best to protect the country as well as protect you."

Chen respects her sons' wishes and choices. She said, "Peace on Earth can only be maintained by peaceful people, not by a group of violent mobs or thugs."

Her second son, Jason Caldwell, first became a reservist with honor after 9/11, and then a marine and went to Iraq during the second year of his college education. Both her sons joined the Special Forces and returned to Iraq for a second time.

Chen said, "When my sons enrolled to go to Iraq, I wasn't worried or sad. All I did was encourage them to fulfill their duties bravely and tell them I would welcome them back with victory. I love the land, and I'm glad to enjoy freedom in the U.S."

Upon hearing of their mother's experience in Flushing on May 17, both of her sons were shocked and worried. Her second son Jason called her from the aircraft carrier on June 2, saying that he was up all night worrying about her. He said later in an interview, "I wanted so badly to take my mother by my side so I can protect her."

Her eldest son, John, also called her and said he would find out those thugs when he returns and send them to prison.

Chen said she didn't want her sons to be distracted by what happened in Flushing, but she wishes wholeheartedly for the U.S. government to stop the violence organized, instigated and perpetrated by the CCP. She urged the government to immediately stop the CCP from using spies to do their dirty jobs overseas.

Chen said, "If I cannot obtain enough protection now, when my sons come back from Iraq, how can they accept the fact that their mother was harmed and had her life threatened?! How would the government explain to them?"

Ellie